PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Trade Advice

Pagal4321
08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey guys,

So stuck in a battle for 2nd in one of my leagues and my strongest catagories offensively are HR, RBI and SB and my weakest are H, AVG and K. So was offered this trade today, am leaning towards taking it, just thought I'd get some opinions from other baseball fans.

I get
Placido Polanco
Reggie Willits
Ramon Hernandez or Jarred Saltalamachhia

He gets
Adam Dunn
Russell Martin

What do you guys think??

Flickered Flame
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't do it. Its probably a fair trade but Martin has become one of the best Catchers in the game. And he hits for everything you need (avg, hits). I maybe in a minority here but I am not yet sold on Salty.

Pagal4321
08-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Yea, for me Salty isn't the main attraction...for me it's getting RID of Dunn and his 2K's a game and getting two guys hitting over .300

Flickered Flame
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Well I wonder how much longer Willits will keep playing, I mean he is a good pickup for now because the Angels didn't pick up an OFer at the deadline but I still think that if the Angels are going to make some noise they will be looking at Dye come the waiver trade deadline and if they land Dye or someone else I suspect Willits is the guy who comes out.

Sylvanfan
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Starting catchers tend to fade off come August/September. So although Martin is a good hitting catcher, he starts almost every day and being in the NL will only be in the lineup if he's catching. Saltamacchia is much fresher and probably will still put up decent numbers from here on in. Also in the AL he can get a day off defensively but play as the DH to get his hits type of thing. Polanco seems to address a lot of the weaknesses you have and with Sheffield and Ordonez hitting behind him will continue to see plenty of good pitches to hit. I do agree with FF that Willits is a guy who's average will likely dive here as the dog days approach. Than again Dunn will always be prone to striking out.

socalwingfan
08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm a bit biased - I'm a big fan of Saltalmachhia - that said I think Martin has caught the most number of innings this year so far (if not he's definitely in the top 3). I would look for his production to slide and Salty will be more or less a trade off. Getting rid of Dunn will be addition by subtraction - so I would take the trade. Then again I'm in 10th place so you might want to do the opposite.