PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most hated athletes in North America?

OzSome
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
In your humble opinion, who would you pick as the most hated athletes in North America? You can pick as much as 10 and they should still be active players.

Here's my pick:

#1. BARRY BONDS (San Fran-MLB) - I am not the biggest baseball fan but I still think Barry Bonds is the most annoying and the biggest jerk in sports. He is arrogant and he thinks is the best player in the league. The guy does not deserve to be in Hall of Fame and his quest for homerun record is tainted because he was on steroid when he was hitting most of his homerun.

#2. Alex Rodriguez (Yankees-MLB) - This guy does not play fair. I cannot believe he can get away with a lot of stuff. I remembered him against Boston when he interfered with Red Sox' player and claimed innocent. Against Toronto this season, he was yelling MINE to distract McDonald then yelled HA! on a another Blue Jays play. THose are no-no's in baseball.

#3. Terrell Owens (Dallas-NFL) - biggest ego in the NFL. He is a selfish sob and always blame the others.

#4. Todd Bertuzzi - (Anaheim-NHL) - the goon. I am so glad that he no longer plays for my second favorite NHL team Red Wings and the Flames did not sign him.

Those are my 4 picks. Who's yours?

CaptainCrunch
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM
1) Barry Bonds - I don't like Bonds all that much, and he's the center of a hurricane. But I'm not sure that he's being treated fairly. Sure he's hard to deal with, and sure he's probably done steroids even though there's no hard proof. But I think that he's really taking a lot of abuse because he's chasing down an icon for his record. I mean really Mcquire was a andro junkie and god knows what else and MLB turned a blind eye to him.

2) Kobe Bryant - He's a team destroying ass of monumental proportion. He bought his way out of trouble. He's arrogant, and he can't get along with his team mates.

3) Terrell Owens - Another team wrecker, he has all world talent and a 10 cent brain to go with it. Probably causes an increase in business for coaches cardiologists where ever he goes.

4) Michael Vick - Fingers the fans, dog fighting, drugged water bottle. What more can I say

5) Todd Bertuzzi - nuff said

6) A.J. Pierznski - Kneed his own trainer after he took a ball in the groin to show him where it hurt. His pitchers and most players on his team hate him

7) Bonzi Wells - Flips a fan the bird and then claims that he blacked out. Threw some pretty good temper tantrums on the sidellines.

8) Sean Avery - Everyone but his team mates hate this guy, and even some of his team mates hate him. At the much music awards he presented with a really uncomfortable looking Ray Emery. Dosen't talk as much anymore but still loses control of his mouth from time to time.

9) Randy Moss - Another team killer, its a given that the Patriots will have him on a short leash this year. Ran over a parking attendant with his car.

10) Hulk Hogan - ok, he's not an athlete in the purest sense but he merits mention. Put himself over everyone and refuses to lose. Part of the worst championship title match in history, where after weeks of hype knocked Kevin Nash out with the finger tap of doom. Sued his employers after Vince Russo called him a bald on T.V. Did an interview where he said that his fellow wrestlers couldn't sell out a flee market.

FlamesKickAss
07-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Jarkko Ruutu, Sean Avery, Alex Rodriguez, Ichiro, Darcy Tucker, Todd Bertuzzi, Matt Cooke, Sidney Crosby, Jeff Kent

Not athletes but coaches:
Bill Cowhert, Barry Trotz, John Tortorella, Joe Torre, Mark Crawford, Craig Mctavish.

All I can think of right now.

As for Barry Bonds I don't mind him that much.

socalwingfan
07-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I have pretty much the same list as the Captain - except I would substitute Claude Lemieux for Avery.

rubecube
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
1) Barry Bonds, San Francisco Giants (MLB) - Accused of steroids and racism. Teammates and fans (outside of SF) all hate his guts.

2) Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys (NFL) - The guy just doesn't shut up. The prottotype for the "Me First" athlete.

3) Ron Artest, Sacramento Kings (NBA) - Fights fans, releases crappy rap albums, and beats his women.

4) Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers (NBA) - The T.O. of the basketball world.

5) Pacman Jones, Tennessee Titans (NFL) - So much talent and so little brains. Now facing a year-long suspension in the NFL.

Honorable mentions: Bertuzzi, A-Rod, Justin Gatlin, Chris Henry, Michael Vick.

JJolg
07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
How does Chris Henry get on that list? Most hated in north america? C'mon most people dont even know the name.

habernac
07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Jarkko Ruutu, Sean Avery, Alex Rodriguez, Ichiro, Darcy Tucker, Todd Bertuzzi, Matt Cooke, Sidney Crosby, Jeff Kent

Not athletes but coaches:
Bill Cowhert, Barry Trotz, John Tortorella, Joe Torre, Mark Crawford, Craig Mctavish.

All I can think of right now.

As for Barry Bonds I don't mind him that much.

huh?

FlamesKickAss
07-19-2007, 11:54 AM
huh?

not really a fan of the guy. just rubs me the wrong way i know it weird

flambers
07-19-2007, 12:02 PM
If this is a poll based on the United States Opinion, a hockey player would not make the list in my opinion.

#1 Bonds
#2 Owens
#3 AROD
#4 Nascar driver

etc

CaptainCrunch
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't get the hatred for AROD with this whole yelling when the ball is in mid air.

If your fielder is stupid enough to take his eye off of the ball because someone yells mine, when its clearly yours. Maybe your better off playing for the Pugnugget spitfires of the AAAAAAAAAAA Sandstorm league.

habernac
07-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't get the hatred for AROD with this whole yelling when the ball is in mid air.

If your fielder is stupid enough to take his eye off of the ball because someone yells mine, when its clearly yours. Maybe your better off playing for the Pugnugget spitfires of the AAAAAAAAAAA Sandstorm league.

it was a cheap 12 year old thing to do. Similar to the time he was running to first and tried to slap the ball out of the 1st baseman's hand.

CaptainCrunch
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
it was a cheap 12 year old thing to do. Similar to the time he was running to first and tried to slap the ball out of the 1st baseman's hand.

At that level winning is the only thing. Its what pays your bills.

If it gives you an edge and there's no written rule against it then its fair game.

Its baseball not golf. This is a sport filled with fair worse cheats then A-rod.

How many pitchers got caught juicing balls.
How about the pine tar bat incident, or better yet Sammy Sosa's loaded home run machine.

Ty Cobb sliding into bases with his cleats up.

Pitchers throwing balls at players heads.

There are far worse things then yelling mine on the base path.

If you want juvinile, I was at a major league game in texas where the hidden ball trick was used.

Its a sport where one of the most exciting plays is called stealing.

Locke
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
^^ I've never even heard of half of those things. Looks like I'm in for some Wiki time....

Maritime Q-Scout
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Is this thread players you hate the most, or just in general?

I've never liked Bonds, respect his abilities, but always hated him. Patrick Roy falls under this category as well. HATED him growing up, now I respect his ability but still hate him as a player.

I'm with the Captain, I don't get the hate-on for A-Rod. Debatably the best player in baseball today, and everyone loves to hate him. I think it stems from the insane contract Texas signed him for (and are still in part paying, ugh). The whole yelling "mine" incident. Give me a break, if you're a PROFESSIONAL athele, and someone yelling "mine" throws you off your game, you don't deserve to be playing in the majors, or minors for that matter.

Also like the Captain I too lothe Hulk Hogan (however credit where credit is due, Hogan Knows Best is hilarious!)

Sainters7
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
The reigning champion at the moment has to be Michael Vick, with Barry Bonds and Pacman Jones riding a close second(Pacman must be lovin Vick right now, he's taken all his heat away for the moment).

FanIn80
07-23-2007, 04:21 PM
What about Bruce Bowen?

octothorp
07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Surprised nobody mentioned Carter. Settled down a bit this year, but the lack of effort, tipping plays, the constant diving and faking injuries over the last few years... I'm happy that pretty much every player in the Raptors' current lineup is the exact opposite, heartwise, to Carter.