I saw the 4th quarter.

Good to see them lose as always.

:rolleyes:

Super-Rye
11-07-2004, 04:57 PM
WOOO! I WIN $5!

calf
11-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Yay! Now if only the 'Riders could have lost at the same time, I would have been happy :blink:

Wally and the Loins will have a field day with the Stubblejumpers next week.

The Familia
11-07-2004, 05:22 PM
I like the rider and I hope they win the grey cup. There fans deserve a championship. I hate edmonton with a passion and was happy they lost at home! I just wanna see a good game next week!

The Goon
11-07-2004, 05:58 PM
The game was just brutal. I can't believe that Edmonton couldn't score a TD on Commonwealth in November.

I agree-the Lions will walk over Saskatchewan next week.

BC-Toronto final.

Sylvanfan
11-07-2004, 06:55 PM
I can't understand why Edmonton would only try one long pass down the field the entire game. It's not like Maas doesn't have the arm strength to lug it down the field, and their receivers are more than adequate. Basically Edmonton tried to play not to loose the game as opposed to coming out, being aggressive and trying to win the game. What's the point of being the home team if you're not going to come out going for the win? Should be a much different game next week indoors in Vancouver.

browna
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
As mentioned, the only bad part about the Esks loss is the Riders win.

Let's hope for a shallacking next week so that it's another long cold windy winter over the tundra of the Battlefords.

calgaryred
11-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Edmonton sucks and I'm glad they are history! I get the feeling inside the Grey Cup is gonna be B.C vs Toronto

the_only_turek_fan
11-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I hate BC more than the Riders.

Any team that the McManus/Flutie combo played for, I hate.

Those two are the absolute Calgary Killers of the last 10-15 years.

BC, EDM, and HAM.

I hate BC and EDM so much. :angry:

pope04
11-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by browna@Nov 8 2004, 02:36 AM
As mentioned, the only bad part about the Esks loss is the Riders win.

Let's hope for a shallacking next week so that it's another long cold windy winter over the tundra of the Battlefords.
My thoughts exactly. I was totally disgusted with Barrett and Shivers after the Calgary/Sask game in August. I hope BC pummels them.

CaptainCrunch
11-08-2004, 09:24 AM
I really hope that B.C. runs it up on the Riders, I hate thier fans. I've already had some phone calls this morning and thier not the friendly type. but I guess thats what happens when your general manager dresses like a whino and talks like he's actually done anything.

Its funny with the Riders fans that I've delt with, they're taking a lot of joy in this combined with the fact that we missed the playoffs, but all I have to say is 'hey buddy we have 5 and you have 2. then I hang up.

octothorp
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Did anyone else catch the Danny Barrett quote at halftime when he said that he felt that the faked punt attempt was very disrespectful? What, does he think that any sort of trick play is a violation of some unspoken football code? No way I can cheer for a coach who has that sort of attitude.

calf
11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by octothorp@Nov 8 2004, 11:03 AM
Did anyone else catch the Danny Barrett quote at halftime when he said that he felt that the faked punt attempt was very disrespectful? What, does he think that any sort of trick play is a violation of some unspoken football code? No way I can cheer for a coach who has that sort of attitude.
Danny Barrett isn't one to talk about disrespecting a team

Resolute 14
11-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Exactly. The semifinal was a no loss situation, but I want to see the Lions rip the hearts out of the Riders twice in three weeks.

moon
11-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Edmonton losing is always great but it would have been nice if somehow both Sask and Edm could have lost.

That game was so incredibly boring it was unbelievable. Both teams played horrible and neither deserved to win.

Hopefully BC destroys the Riders next week.

browna
11-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCrunch@Nov 8 2004, 09:24 AM
'hey buddy we have 5 and you have 2.

Did you mean Grey Cups or fingers? Either way I guess.

JBR
11-09-2004, 07:13 PM
I ran and turned the radio on to listen to the last minutes on 630Ched. The poor guy, Brian Hall I think, sounded like he just found out him mother just bit the dirt.. He was really ready to cry. That was awesome. Deliverance north nows takes it's road show to Wancouver.

Super-Rye
11-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by browna+Nov 9 2004, 02:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (browna @ Nov 9 2004, 02:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-CaptainCrunch@Nov 8 2004, 09:24 AM
'hey buddy we have 5 and you have 2.

Did you mean Grey Cups or fingers? Either way I guess.[/b][/quote]
ROFL! That was great. :')

Lurch
11-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Its funny with the Riders fans that I've delt with, they're taking a lot of joy in this combined with the fact that we missed the playoffs, but all I have to say is 'hey buddy we have 5 and you have 2. then I hang up.

Gee, I thought we frowned upon this type of thing in Calgary. Are you a closet Oiler fan?

moon
11-10-2004, 01:51 PM
And Higgins pays the price by getting fired.

calgaryred
11-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Next year should be interesting a new coach Ricky Ray is expected to be coming back. Higgins will probably be coach in Winnipeg. I wonder what's going to happen.

moon
11-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Well TSN reporting that he resigns not that he is fired, but he is gone either way.

It will be interesting to see who Campbell brings in now. As much as I hate to say it they are actually a decent team especially if Ray happens to come back from the Jets practice roster.