PDA

View Full Version : Stampeders = disgusting

Harbourmouth
07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm starting to think the ship can't be righted. There is just far too much wrong with this team.

Harbourmouth
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
As I speak, another Burris fumble. What an assclown.

CaramonLS
07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Brutal pick thrown by Smith too.

KevanGuy
07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
This is unreal. Take off the headphones Danny, we need you back!

KevanGuy
07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
WDF?!? Did that Argos guy push over the Stamps coach? LOL what a tough guy!

O_M_A
07-12-2007, 06:04 PM
This is gross.

I want to blame Burris.... and he's been awful.... but so has the rest of the team. Our supposed Offence has been outright offensive. We have no defensive presence whatsoever..

Hard to watch.

KevanGuy
07-12-2007, 06:05 PM
AH ha ha! THe dude threw a waterbottle at him. Good stuff.

Harbourmouth
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Proulx. A piece of thrash from the scumiest program in the CIS. Calgary should send the tape of him pushing the equipment manager to the league.

CaramonLS
07-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh you gotta be kidding me. Another fumble.

CaramonLS
07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Another INT...

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
The Stampeders look absolutely brutal, Smith just threw another interception. Their decision to completely revamp the defence is proving to be extremely questionable, the Stamps are having difficulty with literally everything on the defensive side of the ball.

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Another pick-off, is Burris going to come back in now?

This is getting damn ugly, it's 27-0 and the Argos have the ball on Calgary's 40.

CaramonLS
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
"Jackpot"

Another INT.

Flickered Flame
07-12-2007, 06:39 PM
another frickin pick, might as well let the young 3rd stringer come into the game for the 2nd half to get some experience.

Harbourmouth
07-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I get too into sports and the Stamps have completely ruined my night for the second time in five days. I think i`ll be giving my tickets away next week. WOW this team sucks. I`ve never given up on a team this early into the season, but boy de jesus i`m pretty close right now.

calf
07-12-2007, 06:43 PM
The Stampeders look absolutely brutal. the Stamps are having difficulty with literally everything.
fixed for you.

wow.

EddyBeers
07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Need to bring back Feterik to get this offence going

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Blocked punt! I didn't think it was possible but this game is actually getting worse for the Stampeders!

Flickered Flame
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Well there is only one good thing to come out of this game...the Stamps will still be ahead of the Esks!

Flickered Flame
07-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Bishop goes down with an hand injury...that would be bad luck for the Argos.

Sainters7
07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Ive been pumped about watching this game all week, and Ive already stopped before halftime.

octothorp
07-12-2007, 07:14 PM
In the last five quarters, they've been outscored something like 78-0.

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Well there is only one good thing to come out of this game...the Stamps will still be ahead of the Esks!
Until tomorrow. :) To be honest, the Eskimos have looked far better than the Stampeders so far this season.

Ouch, ANOTHER interception - this one by Burris again. Burris seriously has nothing between his ears, he threw another soft lob across the middle right into the centre of Toronto's secondary. :blink:

edit: 41-0.

CaramonLS
07-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Holy smokes.

LockedOut
07-12-2007, 07:22 PM
In the last five quarters, they've been outscored something like 78-0.
Another Toronto touchdown. I think they've given up 82 straight points unanswered and still counting. Absolutely brutal.

octothorp
07-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey, we're in fieldgoal range! Quick, bring on the kicking team before the offense can turn it over!

Flickered Flame
07-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Until tomorrow. :) To be honest, the Eskimos have looked far better than the Stampeders so far this season.

Well the Esks blew the game at home vs the Bombers and really didn't look impressive last week vs BC. I would be shocked if the Esks won in Winnipeg tomorrow night. I think Winnipeg is the team to beat in the East this year.

CaramonLS
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey, we're in fieldgoal range! Quick, bring on the kicking team before the offense can turn it over!

AHHH!!

The Streak is not over yet (of consecutive points allowed).

octothorp
07-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I wonder if we can get to double digits in turnovers...

jam26
07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank God I had to work late tonight - was planning on going to the game.

octothorp
07-12-2007, 07:40 PM
woooo!

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 07:50 PM
48-1 with 10 minutes left after the Lewis fumble! This is absolutely pathetic, the Stampeders have essentially given up 100 points combined in the last two games.

Bobblehead
Wow, I just watched 2 plays - a turnover followed by a TO touchdown. Brutal play all around

lifer
I'm not a stamps fan, but wow, this has gotta be tough for you guys.
48-1 now.

flamesfan6
07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
well........ stamp suck......... this is at least funny to watch how bad the stamps are .... *sigh*

RedHot25
07-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Wowsers.

That is all I have to say.

Machiavelli
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Sorry to rub it in, but the worse the Stamps look, the better I feel about my Bombers. Hopefully Glenn can stay off his back long enough to actually make an impact this season.

JiriHrdina
07-12-2007, 07:59 PM
So admitedly I'm a casual CFL fan now so I gotta ask - are the Stamps just a bad team (i.e. don't have any talent) or what's the story here?

Resolute 14
07-12-2007, 07:59 PM
And before anyone says the only reason we didnt get shut out (presuming the next 7 minutes go according to plan) because of the single point, the zebras completely screwed up a call where we sacked Allen three yards into the end zone. Should have been a single, but they mark it on the 1... ugh.

Other than that, the incompetence has all been in red and white.

vicphoenix13
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
The Stampeders haven't been the same franchise since Wally Buono left. Michael Feterik's incompetence sent the organization into mediocracy. All the Lions fans in British Columbia are thrilled with how Buono has made the team great again.

octothorp
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
So admitedly I'm a casual CFL fan now so I gotta ask - are the Stamps just a bad team (i.e. don't have any talent) or what's the story here?

On paper, they should be at least average. Excellent receiving core, good backfield... defensive line and linebackers are okay... kicker and punter are great. Secondary, Offensive line, and QB are the big suspect areas. Coaching shouldn't be a weakness, but they have seemed to be outcoached the last couple games. I don't think they're a bad team and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they win against Toronto next week or at least have a competitive game.

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 08:16 PM
The Stampeders have an elite offence on paper and a solid but very green group of players on defence. The problem with Calgary isn't the talent in my view, it's the attitude. There are a number of players on Calgary's roster with very questionable attitudes and they really drag down the team. Likewise, Burris, while extremely talented, simply isn't a "winner" when it comes down to it.

Flickered Flame
07-12-2007, 08:19 PM
The Stampeders have an elite offence on paper and a solid but very green group of players on defence. The problem with Calgary isn't the talent in my view, it's the attitude. There are a number of players on Calgary's roster with very questionable attitudes and they really drag down the team. Likewise, Burris, while extremely talented, simply isn't a "winner" when it comes down to it.

To be fair, I haven't noticed the attitudes like we have in the past. Guys like Lewis and Copeland seem to be just playing the game right now of course we don't see the dancing and crap when the team doesn't score. As for Burris, when he is on he is a decent QB however, but we don't see his good often enough.

I would suspect that the Stamps will make some major changes in the next week or so, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I wonder if the Stamps would look at trying to get Allen from the Argos?

octothorp
07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah!!! Way to go Burris! It was looking kinda dicy after the touchdown, but Burris steps on on the final possession and overthrows a few for a turnover on downs for an impressive 10!

flamesfan6
07-12-2007, 08:22 PM

the simple answer: yes

Flickered Flame
07-12-2007, 08:22 PM
asYAY TOUCHDOWN!! The defense has as many tds as the offence tonight!

Cerebral
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
To be fair, I haven't noticed the attitudes like we have in the past. Guys like Lewis and Copeland seem to be just playing the game right now of course we don't see the dancing and crap when the team doesn't score. As for Burris, when he is on he is a decent QB however, but we don't see his good often enough.

I would suspect that the Stamps will make some major changes in the next week or so, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I wonder if the Stamps would look at trying to get Allen from the Argos?
The problem is that the attitudes could very well be there regardless of whether or not they're dancing out on the field. I'm not a fan of Lewis at all and I'm not sold he his attitude has gone a complete 180 from last year.

The Stampeders really need to add some established veterans on the defensive end. While I believe their offence will come around when the OL steps up a bit (although who really knows, the Eskimos really struggled last year when the OL was weak) but their defence is filled with fairly green players in the CFL.

For better or worse though, I believe the Stampeders are going to try and stick it out with Burris this year. I personally feel it is for the worse, I have never been a fan of Burris and I don't believe he will ever develop into a legit star quarterback in this league.

SportsJunky
07-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm at a loss for words right now...they look horrible from the coaches on down. Honestly, at this point, they should keep the personnel that they have and practice HARD for the 9 days they have off. Then we can better judge this group.

ugh...

Sainters7
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Not to excuse the Stamps' performance...but to give a team only 3 days rest between games makes the CFL look extremely 2nd rate.

troutman
07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
One City. One Team. One Goal.

DONE

philip1985
07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
After watching this game with a buddy I just had to laugh. I've never seen a team play so bad, it was turn over after turn over. Burris is way over rated in my mind. He was mediocore with the Riders, and now playing with the Stamps he is just brutal. On paper this team should be able to compete with every other team, they have a great receiving core but if their qb can't get the ball to them you can't do much. Hopefully this beating will knock some sense into them since they have to play this team again next Saturday.

Flames in 07
07-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Not to excuse the Stamps' performance...but to give a team only 3 days rest between games makes the CFL look extremely 2nd rate.

Yup.

The CFL has for a couple decades if not longer has routinely worked hard to solidify the league itself as a 3 ring circus. Good athletes, game is usually interesting to watch, albeit extremely simple ... but a circus league none the less.

That said there is no good excuse to look THAT bad?

Everyone keeps talking about how they build up such a great roster year after year ... someone said earlier that Jim will sacrifice chemistry for talent every day of the week. The last 2 games played out perfectly to that comment.

calf
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
One City. One Team. One Goal.

DONE
One Win?

I_H8_Crawford
07-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Thank god I was out playing football myself and missed this debacle.
I am pissed off the Stamps got a TD in my power predictions I said they wouldn't... :(

This team is BAD. AWFUL. I mean, the Stamps are entering Oiler-bad territory now.

One more spanking by Tor at home this time, and this team is going to make some huge changes.

This is as bad as the F-troop era.

Resolute 14
07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
One Win?

Not likely. Pretty sure we get Hamilton again... :bag:

calculoso
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Sadly we can't even have a QB Controversy, as both Smith and Burris are horrible....

Kerplunk
07-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Just saw the score for the game. Glad I went out to see Transformers instead.

browna
07-13-2007, 12:31 AM
This is the CFL. Its how you finish, not how you start.

Unconcerned, frankly. They've looked horrible, yes, but talent in the CFL usually over comes a lot, moreso then other leagues...and the Stamps have that talent.

Has Higgins out x and o'ed the team so far? Don't know, but let the talent prove themselves by just going out there and playing.

soulchoice
07-13-2007, 02:16 AM
As much as I dont care for the Stamps or the CFL(i dont really have a fav team), I still follow it. That being said, come on guys, as bad as they are or have been, they are still in the hunt.

The league has 8 teams, 6 of which make the playoffs, so every team will be in the hunt till the last couple of weeks of the season. No reason to panic as of yet. They could have a losing record and still win, ala the 8-10 season a few years ago. Not that hard to be a contender or even win a CFL championship with 8 teams.

They will always be in the run for the title, despite the 1-2 start, as is every other team till the last couple of weeks. But they are a brutal team, thats for sure!!! lol

cgy2london
07-13-2007, 02:21 AM
That game started at midnight in england last night, I stayed up to watch it, i didnt even watch the full firt quarter, it was 10 zip and then Toronto got a pm to make it 2nd and 5 and what does Burris do.....throws and INT, It was like WOW.....i stormed up 2 bed cursing at the stamps!

Burris is BRUTAL
the defense should be playing high school football
do we have an o line?

Hemi-Cuda
07-13-2007, 03:41 AM

how so? NHL teams play back to back often and do 3 games in 4 nights regularly, and from what i remember from playing both in leagues as a kid hockey is a lot more exhausting than football is

back to the stampeders though, i'm thrilled that they're sucking so bad. the last few years when the Flames have stunk in October and the season looked lost, they seemed to pick their game up and play like gods in November right when the annual Stampeders choke job began. if the stamps are playing this badly right from the start though, imagine how good of a start the Flames will have :w00t:

worth
07-13-2007, 08:00 AM
how so? NHL teams play back to back often and do 3 games in 4 nights regularly, and from what i remember from playing both in leagues as a kid hockey is a lot more exhausting than football is

back to the stampeders though, i'm thrilled that they're sucking so bad. the last few years when the Flames have stunk in October and the season looked lost, they seemed to pick their game up and play like gods in November right when the annual Stampeders choke job began. if the stamps are playing this badly right from the start though, imagine how good of a start the Flames will have :w00t:

There are only 16-18 games per season in the CFL and NFL for a reason. There is no possible way for these players to play even 40 games a season. Football is much more demanding than hockey. After a football game, everyone is injured. Football is much more complicated than hockey as well. Days are spent disecting opposing teams offence and defence. Looking for tendencies and looking at things you can exploit. Every team is different and you need to prepare properly for this. Football is much too complicated to play the game the next night. You can't compare it to hockey at all.

Bench Warmer
07-13-2007, 08:34 AM

I agree with this Sainters - I think the Stamps got hosed by the schedule makers here. I understand that in this league and with trying to get every game on TV, there's going to be weeks where some teams have short breaks. But, at least have them play each other or, don't make a Western team travel out East or vice versa on the short break - to give the Argos 5 days rest and the Stamps 3 while they had to travel is a disadvantage to the Stamps. Just like the schedule hoses the Riders a bit tonite as they play on 4 days rest compared to BCs 6 (although, the Riders don't have to travel).

That said however, the Stamps had an 8 day break last week and got spanked then too. While I think they would've lost a close game due to the short break, they got spanked by an offensively challenged Argos squad. They're awful right now, plain and simple.

Bobblehead
07-13-2007, 09:10 AM
And the Stamps are so bad, they made Fark (http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2929631) (Sports)

Ok your team gets outscored 94 to 23 in two games... do you panic? If not then welcome to the roster of the Calgary Stampeders. BTW Akili Smith still sucks as a backup... 1 int for every 20 yards

Cowboy89
07-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Regardless of talent on the team this many turnovers suggest a lack of preparation. When it's the whole team I think it's a management/coaching thing.

JiriHrdina
07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Regardless of talent on the team this many turnovers suggest a lack of preparation. When it's the whole team I think it's a management/coaching thing.

I'm not sure how one can coach someone not to put the ball on the turf or toss it into triple coverage off your back foot. That's on the players.

Thunderball
07-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure how one can coach someone not to put the ball on the turf or toss it into triple coverage off your back foot. That's on the players.

Its a bit of both, I think.

The coaches are not getting these players mentally prepared for these games, and as a result, these guys are making stupid mistakes.

The players are coming in thinking they are Grey Cup Champs and are not putting effort (or intelligence) into their plays and are getting owned for it.

Thirdly, the QB core the Stamps have is easily the worst in the West Division and one of the worst in the league. Burris and Smith look like Dumb and Dumber out there. The CFL is a QB-driven league... without a strong QB, it doesn't matter how good anyone else is, you aren't going anywhere.

ken0042
07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
What I'm wondering is with NFL Europe folding why has there not been more QBs available to the league.

Maybe the Stamps should see what Khari Jones is up to. I only saw the highlights from last night; but Jones was no worse than what happened there, and has the potential to be better.

Bench Warmer
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
What I'm wondering is with NFL Europe folding why has there not been more QBs available to the league.

Maybe the Stamps should see what Khari Jones is up to. I only saw the highlights from last night; but Jones was no worse than what happened there, and has the potential to be better.

I think it may take a little time for players to filter to the CFL from NFL Europe folding. I figure any player with any potential will likely be on an NFL practice or developmental roster until NFL TCs start (at least).

Sainters7
07-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Youve gotta be kidding. People that follow hockey and not football tell me this stuff all the time. Do you know how much preparation goes into getting ready for an opponent in football at the professional level?? The sport is one big chess match. And Im telling you right now football players are alot more banged up than hockey players after a game. You can't even compare the two.

Lurch
07-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Youve gotta be kidding. People that follow hockey and not football tell me this stuff all the time. Do you know how much preparation goes into getting ready for an opponent in football at the professional level?? The sport is one big chess match. And Im telling you right now football players are alot more banged up than hockey players after a game. You can't even compare the two.

No kidding. I actually find flag football dramatically harder on my body these days than rec hockey, and back in the day real football once a week was absolutely devastating physically while hockey 3 to 4 times per week was never a big deal except the once a month you'd get lit up with the crushing hit. Maybe its just 15 year old memories, but it seemed like I took as many big hits per game in football as I did per season in hockey.

rubecube
07-13-2007, 04:04 PM
No kidding. I actually find flag football dramatically harder on my body these days than rec hockey, and back in the day real football once a week was absolutely devastating physically while hockey 3 to 4 times per week was never a big deal except the once a month you'd get lit up with the crushing hit. Maybe its just 15 year old memories, but it seemed like I took as many big hits per game in football as I did per season in hockey.

Exactly. My knees, back, and hips have still not recovered from playing D-line during high school.

Flames in 07
07-13-2007, 10:46 PM

It is not remotely close to the same. Physically the two sports have nothing in common. Come mid season I would take almost all the contact out of practise to save it for games ... this was at a bantam level.

However in addition at that level you need a few days to put in your game plan. TO has a huge advantage if they have extra days to draw up a game plan.

CaramonLS
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Doing ok tonight.

getbak
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Someone needs to tell them that the whole "win at home, lose on the road" strategy didn't work too well for the Flames last year, and won't work for them this year either.

CaramonLS
07-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Bet TO is happy about this. Nice fake FG for the TD.

Bobblehead
07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow, talk about payback. 26-3 with just over 2 minutes left and they fake a FG for a TD.

Burris looks good when he gets time. The tail end of the first half the O-Line looked like a sieve, but in the second they were solid.

Although Rambo is still dropping passes.

Now to do this on the road.

flames_1987
07-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Wow so Calgary sports teams just hate leaving the city to play anywhere else

getbak
07-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow so Calgary sports teams just hate leaving the city to play anywhere else
That's how great Calgary is (it's the opposite of Edmonton).

People worry that no one wants to come play in Calgary, where we should start worrying that they don't want to play once they leave the 403 area code.

henriksedin33
07-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Burris is terrible

I'm looking forward to watching the Lions destroy them at home next week