PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Forum Posts

Buzzard
11-07-2004, 06:57 AM
I know that this has got to be something simple, like a setting somewhere that I must of changed, but I cant find where.
You know how after you've read a certain post in any forum, the text either changes color, or an indicator of some kind lets you know you've already read it(cp has the little check mark). I dont get that any more. All posts look unread, unless I actually refesh the page. Can someone tell me what setting I've unknowingly changed? Thanks.

BlackArcher101
11-07-2004, 08:42 AM
I believe that's set that way on the server side, as to cut down on the bandwidth. I think before, the pages would refresh themselves whenever you went back to them, now they don't. May be wrong, but I don't believe it's a setting that we have control over.

Buzzard
11-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101@Nov 7 2004, 08:42 AM
I believe that's set that way on the server side, as to cut down on the bandwidth. I think before, the pages would refresh themselves whenever you went back to them, now they don't. May be wrong, but I don't believe it's a setting that we have control over.
Could be, it's just that I've noticed it on other boards as well.

zarrell
11-07-2004, 10:09 PM
By the sounds of it, your cookies aren't enabled.

calf
11-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Don't know what you're doing, but if you're using the back button, try clicking on the links at the top/bottom of the thread to get where you're going...then new posts should appear, and one's you've read should appear as such...

Buzzard
11-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Well, I dunno what happened, cuz I didn change a thing, but things are back to the way they were. Love it when things fix themselves.