PDA

View Full Version : Local group to make bid for Stampeders

calf
11-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Critical Mass (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2004/11/06/702768.html)

Interesting spin on all the hearsay rumours we've been hearing about imminent sales and such. The Chariman of Calgary-based internet firm "Critical Mass" is going to make a bid to buy the team this week. This is different as the guy is actually coming out and saying "I'm going to make a bid this week". Seems like they would be comitted to the team, and not really worry TOO much about profit.

*crossing fingers*

Resolute 14
11-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Well, Feterik claimed he wanted to sell to local interests, here is his chance. Hopefully he realizes he is not wanted here and takes the next train out of town.

calgaryred
11-06-2004, 11:58 AM
For this franchise to get back on track it's going to have to be lead by local interests. Hopefully soon this mickey mouse operation will get back on track.

Pagal4321
11-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Well I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet. We've heard multiple rumours such as this over the year and granted the guy has come out and stated it. I will wait until an official offer is made to get excited.
But I REALLY DO hope it is true.

calf
11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Pagal4321@Nov 6 2004, 02:49 PM
Well I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet. We've heard multiple rumours such as this over the year and granted the guy has come out and stated it. I will wait until an official offer is made to get excited.
But I REALLY DO hope it is true.
I have no doubt in my mind that the guy is going to make a bid

...whether or not it gets accepted is another thing.... <_<

Fobulous
11-08-2004, 11:55 AM
I highly doubt that making an ownership change will help the Stamps.

I agree Feterik got way too involved a year ago but this past year he has been noticably silent. He has just sat back and paid the bills. He has a lot of money and I dont think we would have to worry about money problems with this guy as the owner.

I am not sure whether an ownership change will really benefit the stamps.

Table 5
11-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Critical Mass getting into football? haha, well, I never.....

atleast they'd have a pretty swanky website! Critical mass has done websites for Mercedez Benz and Dell among others.....

pope04
11-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Doggy Dogg@Nov 8 2004, 06:55 PM
I am not sure whether an ownership change will really benefit the stamps.
Certainly can't hurt. It's an absolute joke that that the Stamps didn't at least attempt to go after Dickenson or Burris when they were available.