PDA

View Full Version : Stamps acquire Lazeo from the Roughriders

bobrick
06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
The Calgary Stampeders have acquired offensive lineman Rob Lazeo and a conditional draft pick from the Saskatchewan Roughriders for running back Wes Cates.

from http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/article.jsp?content=20070623_185603_4732

Trojan97
06-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Wes Cates is going to star in Riderville this season. He was EXTREMELY misused this season and I'm sad to see him go.

That being said I understand it's likely a ratio issue and tought deals like this sometimes have to be made.

Flickered Flame
06-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Stamps have also sent DB Coby Rhinehart to the Als for futures. Rhinehart must have had a bad camp, wasn't he an allstar a year or 2 ago?

The Stampeders have also acquired future considerations from the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for Defensive Back Coby Rhinehart.
http://http://www.stampeders.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=17451

OzSome
06-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I hate that the Stamps traded Wes Cates to the Riders. He will come back to haunt us this season. I always think Cates is a good RB (catching, running, blocking and special-team). I guess Jon Cornish will be Joffrey's backup this season.
Coby Rhinehart on the other hand had a bad camp this season. The Riders trashed him the other night. I guess they wanted to try new DBs. I also noticed Sedrick Williams got cut as well but he could be injured right now.
I am glad Brian Clark will stay as a Stamps. I hate to see one of the hardest player for the Stamps to get cut because of the ratio. Clark actually beat out Robert Rodriguez. Looking forward this season. I think the only suspect position we have is the Defensive Linemen.
Anyone know if O'Mahoney get cut yet? I would rather keep Burke Dales than O'Mahoney.

Bench Warmer
06-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I can't remember but was Wes Cates the guy that Burris said was better than Kenton Keith last year?

I like this move for the Riders. Lazeo is a good solid backup non-import o-lineman. With the Stamps running into some injury problems, I can see why they made this move. Cates isn't going to get many touches behind Reynolds with good reason - Reynolds is awesome.

calf
06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I hate that the Stamps traded Wes Cates to the Riders. He will come back to haunt us this season. I always think Cates is a good RB (catching, running, blocking and special-team). I guess Jon Cornish will be Joffrey's backup this season.
Coby Rhinehart on the other hand had a bad camp this season. The Riders trashed him the other night. I guess they wanted to try new DBs. I also noticed Sedrick Williams got cut as well but he could be injured right now.
I am glad Brian Clark will stay as a Stamps. I hate to see one of the hardest player for the Stamps to get cut because of the ratio. Clark actually beat out Robert Rodriguez. Looking forward this season. I think the only suspect position we have is the Defensive Linemen.
Anyone know if O'Mahoney get cut yet? I would rather keep Burke Dales than O'Mahoney.
Sedrick Williams/Rob Rodriguez are likely to join the practice roster. Williams & Rhinehart were expendable with the emergence of Brandon Browner & Calvin Bannister