PDA

View Full Version : Jarome Iginla bobblehead day

Resolute 14
11-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Cool promotion by the Hitmen on Sunday: First 3000 fans at the dome will get a Jarome Iginla Bobblehead doll.

Except, it wont be in his Flames uniform, but the Kamloops Blazers?

Seems kind of goofy for the Hitmen to use a bobblehead of a player who played for a different WHL team. Almost like having a Wayne Gretzky bobblehead night in his Oilers uni at a Flames game.

Still gonna try and get one though. I have a coworker who would kill / pay lots to get one.

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/extra/images/jarome.jpg

Prototype
11-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Nov 5 2004, 02:08 AM
Seems kind of goofy for the Hitmen to use a bobblehead of a player who played for a different WHL team. Almost like having a Wayne Gretzky bobblehead night in his Oilers uni at a Flames game.
http://www.hitmenhockey.com/extra/images/jarome.jpg
I'd imagine its more a WHL promotion than a Flames promotion. It wouldn't make sense to have a Hitmen jersey on Iginla, or to release a Kris Beech or Pavel Brendl bobblehead doll. No one would want it... OK, some hardcore Hitmen fans would want it.

Iginla was a great WHL player for the Blazers, winning a few Memorial Cups with Don Hay IIRC. He was even on the cover of the WHL media guide with both Flames and Blazers unis.

But like I said, this smells more of a WHL promotion, and Iggy did play for the Blazers. He's still a Flame (as much as he can be locked out) no matter where he played his junior years.

PS - I'd love to get a Gretzky bobblehead with an Oilers uni! :D

Resolute 14
11-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Except that Iginla's fame in this city is built on playing for the Flames. And since the Flames own the Hitmen, that shouldnt be a problem.

As I said, it is just goofy.

I still havent taken my Bret Hart bobblehead out of the box from last year. Maybe I should eBay it or something...

the-rasta-masta
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
How long before a game do they open the doors?

HelloHockeyFans
11-04-2004, 10:57 PM
<---------------

Resolute 14
11-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by the-rasta-masta@Nov 4 2004, 09:46 PM
I believe it is an hour before gametime. 4:00.

albertGQ
11-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Snakeeye+Nov 5 2004, 10:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snakeeye @ Nov 5 2004, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the-rasta-masta@Nov 4 2004, 09:46 PM
I believe it is an hour before gametime. 4:00. [/b][/quote]
Yup. You're right. Doors open at 4

Jagger
11-05-2004, 05:54 PM
It's a WHL promotion with other former WHLers in attendance too, at least the way I understand it. In that case it makes sense that Iglina would be in Blazers colours. I think its kind of cool actually. I would love to get down to the game to get one actually but with my wife DAYS away from delivering our third child I don't think we'll risk going out of town.

Flambé
11-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Got my Jarome Iginla minibobble. It's tiny, but whatever. Coolest part was a bunch of the WHL alumni were there signing autographs so I had Sutter, Preston and Playfair sign my ballcap. Pretty neat. Derek Morris was also there representing the Pats, but he didn't show up for the second round of signings, so I missed out on his. The bum! ;)

calgaryred
11-07-2004, 11:34 PM
I'll pass on that if it's not in a flames jersey it's crap