View Full Version : 2 Stamps nominated for awards

calf
11-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Top defensive player in west: John Grace
Top rookie in west: Nik Lewis
:D

moon
11-02-2004, 07:09 PM
I think Grace should definately win and that Lewis has a decent shot as well.

Although I wonder if voters will punish them for being on the worst team in the league.

calf
11-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by moon@Nov 2 2004, 08:09 PM
I think Grace should definately win and that Lewis has a decent shot as well.

Although I wonder if voters will punish them for being on the worst team in the league.
I would think that if they've been nominated while being worst in the west, they probably have a good shot at winning when they're worst in the league.

Not sure if it's like the NHL voting where they know the winners, but just announce the top 2 now...

Flickered Flame
11-02-2004, 07:46 PM
To add to the award nominees, 4 stamps have been named western allstars and if you want to count lysak and fleming the total is six. I don't have all the names or a link...I just heard it on team 1260 this afternoon. BTW, 4 allstars all on the defensive side of the ball and more then the eskimos have.

Well I guess the radio report was wrong, as 2 of the 4 are from the o-line.

Flickered Flame
11-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Despite posting a CFL-worst 4-14 record, Calgary had four players named to the team in linebacker John Grace, offensive linemen Seth Dittman and Jay McNeil and defensive back Joey Boese.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=103471

Resolute 14
11-03-2004, 08:09 AM
There must be a rule against being nominated for two awards, as there is no way on earth that anyone other than Casey Printers is rookie of the year.

Flickered Flame
11-03-2004, 11:11 AM
There must be a rule against being nominated for two awards, as there is no way on earth that anyone other than Casey Printers is rookie of the year.

Snakeeye-I think you can be nominated for 2 awards because the Argos had one of their guy nominated for 2 or 3 different ones. I don't think Printers is being considered a rookie...because the Leos didn't even name him their rookie of the year...was he the backup last year?

JBR
11-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Nov 3 2004, 03:09 PM
There is no rule against this, the reason Printers was not nominated for top rookie, is that he isn't a 1st year player..

:huh:

Resolute 14
11-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Hmm. Well, that is what I get for believing sportsnet when they always call him a "rookie quarterback."

octothorp
11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Great to see all the Edmonton, Saskatchewan, and Winnipeg fans bitching about the fact that Calgary got two award nominations!

JBR
11-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Nov 3 2004, 09:45 PM
Hmm. Well, that is what I get for believing sportsnet when they always call him a "rookie quarterback."
This is his first year as a starter. Remember, most Sportsnet guys have been exposed to Marty Yorkitosis