PDA

View Full Version : Favre Demands Trade From Packers?

La Flames Fan
05-13-2007, 10:28 PM
As per MSNBC...

Apparently the team's lack of free agent signings and ability to grab Randy Moss has made Favre question the team's commitment to winning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18642417/

While I think Favre's best days are behind him, he still has the capacity to make a drive to the Superbowl. As a HUGE Packer fan, I have sort of been left with a sour taste in my mouth over the last few years. Coaching has tanked, no good players coming in...It's been a tough go...

Can't disagree with Brett...but would HATE to see him in another uniform.

Displaced Flames fan
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Trent Green might not be going to Miami after all.

I was shocked that they didn't get Moss.

J pold
05-13-2007, 11:57 PM
I am not a Packers fan whatsoever however it would be a shame to see Farve go somewhere else, unless its the Falcons

Flames in 07
05-14-2007, 07:05 AM
It's hard to blame Brett. The team and the player are going nowhere with each other. The funny thing to me is that the best suitor for his work might be Chicago.

Flickered Flame
05-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Trent Green might not be going to Miami after all.

I was shocked that they didn't get Moss.

I didn't read the article yet but what would the Packers want in return? I really hope Cameron and Mueller have made a call or 2 to GB.

transplant99
05-14-2007, 08:19 AM
“He was going to wipe his contract clean and sign for $3 million guaranteed, plus a fourth-round draft pick. That would have been a steal,” Favre told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald. “But we were not willing to guarantee part of that $3 million. I even had (Cook) call up there and tell them I would give up part of my salary to guarantee that part of the money. Apparently that wasn’t enough either.”

I think this may be why he was so upset draft weekend....the time he allegedly made this request.

I highly doubt that he truly wants to wear another uniform before hanging up the cleats, however the lack of FA signings has been a true thorn in all Pack fans and players side IMO.

Frustration truly is setting in....but one has to remember there will be another bunch of p[layers released after June 1 because of roster bonuses owed, and this lis is probably going to contain some pro-bowl caliber players.

Interesting.

Clever_Iggy
05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
It's hard to blame Brett. The team and the player are going nowhere with each other. The funny thing to me is that the best suitor for his work might be Chicago.

Chi-town would be a great fit for Farvererra. They have a good o-line, a decent run game, good wide receivers and a lights out defense.

Could you see Brett playing out this year and if the Pack dont address their offensive needs, he walks out and knocks on the door of Soldier Field? Wow... sticking it to the cheeseheads.

flames_1987
05-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I couldn't see the Packers ever trading him to the Bears though

burn_baby_burn
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Its great to see that a veteran like Farve wants to win. Thats what makes him a future HOFer. But the Packers have compensated him very well over the years have they not? Since Farve is in the twilight of his carrer he see's this as a win it all or nothing season. The Packers can't look at it that way. They need to build for the future.

Farve is the Packers and can basically do what he wants. But demand a trade? Very poor taste if you ask me. Will Packer fans ever forgive him if he leaves?

transplant99
05-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Favre confirms what I suspected in my previous post....

"I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England," Favre said on the Packers' Web site. "I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay. I want to finish my career as a Packer."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-favrefallout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lurch
05-17-2007, 07:52 AM
One man's opinion on the annual Favre circus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070516&sportCat=nfl

Flames in 07
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
One man's opinion on the annual Favre circus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070516&sportCat=nfl

ya I saw this article. I thought it was bang on ... didn't need to be quite so condensending but it's pretty accurate.

GB is had its feet in quicksand for the past several years and Brett is part of the reason. Partially because isn't really a top tier QB and hasn't been for a few years but because he has been also, because he is a bit of a diva.

Sometimes taking forever to decide if he will return, sometimes becuase he has unbashfully said for a decade that 'it is not my job to train the #2 QB.

He's a great compeditor, pretty entertaining personality and he has gone through tons in his life with his dad and his wife, but it is really, really time Brett and GB turn the page.