PDA

View Full Version : Think Ricky Think

socalwingfan
05-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Rickey Williams fails another drug test :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

CaramonLS
05-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I actually completely forgot about Ricky Williams until this thread.

Prototype
05-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Looks like the Argos found a running back. What an idiot.

worth
05-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Avery is better than Ricky. And much cheaper.

Prototype
05-11-2007, 12:46 PM
But Ricky sold more tickets last season. I wanted to go to the game last year against the Stamps, but he'd been injured a few games before. Ricky is a draw, Avery is not.

worth
05-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Ricky was a draw last year. The novelty has worn off. And the guy didn't even really draw in Toronto. He averaged 5 yards per carry. He didn't rush for 3,000 yards like some people were predicting. I'm pretty sure he was back for the Stamps game last year. I think he scored one of his 3 td's against us.

rubecube
05-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Moron.

troutman
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I think the CFL has a new agreement with the NFL, preventing the CFL from employing players suspended by the NFL.

So, no more Ricky, no PacMan.

Clever_Iggy
05-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I think the CFL has a new agreement with the NFL, preventing the CFL from employing players suspended by the NFL.

So, no more Ricky, no PacMan.

I think youre right. The NFL doesnt want drug and behavior offenders to stay sharp in the CFL...although I think it's pretty sufficient punishment to play there for a year... apparently Ricky didnt learn his lesson...

ricoFlame
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
dude LOVES weed. that's really all there is to it.

Displaced Flames fan
05-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I get the feeling Ricky doesn't really want to play football anymore.

He was never really thrilled about it in the first place, even going back to his days in Austin he always seemed to be the reluctant star....and I'm starting to think it wasn't just the limelight but the whole scene.

He's a smart guy (intelligence wise at least) I'm sure he can make a living another way. Robert Smith is doing it.

Clever_Iggy
05-12-2007, 06:22 PM

He was never really thrilled about it in the first place, even going back to his days in Austin he always seemed to be the reluctant star....and I'm starting to think it wasn't just the limelight but the whole scene.

He's a smart guy (intelligence wise at least) I'm sure he can make a living another way. Robert Smith is doing it.

Ya - he was disinterested, but I wonder how much that had to do with his social anxiety disorder. Still, coming into the NFL, it just didnt seem like he cared.

Displaced Flames fan
05-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Ya - he was disinterested, but I wonder how much that had to do with his social anxiety disorder. Still, coming into the NFL, it just didnt seem like he cared.
That's what I'm saying...I think it goes deeper than the disorder.

Clever_Iggy
05-12-2007, 08:26 PM
That's what I'm saying...I think it goes deeper than the disorder.

Have you ever partied with Mary Jane for 6 months, wearing only hemp, while hanging with the spider monkies in the mountains of St. Barts? I would lose interest in football too... ;)

Displaced Flames fan
05-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Have you ever partied with Mary Jane for 6 months, wearing only hemp, while hanging with the spider monkies in the mountains of St. Barts? I would lose interest in football too... ;)

Nope. So not my scene.

Clever_Iggy
05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Nope. So not my scene.

Haha...a weak reference to Zoolander...

Flames in 07
05-13-2007, 08:51 AM

He's not Robert Smith smart though, Smith has commercial smarts. Ricky freaks out anyone who is offering any kind of opportunity.

I don't know, Ricky makes for an interesting interview, and has matured in many respects. He's figured out that he decideds what is important, not what other people decide for him (which most people don't figure out) but as for making it on his own, I have a tough time seeing him doing much more than leading yoga lessons.

Clever_Iggy
05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
He's not Robert Smith smart though, Smith has commercial smarts. Ricky freaks out anyone who is offering any kind of opportunity.

I don't know, Ricky makes for an interesting interview, and has matured in many respects. He's figured out that he decideds what is important, not what other people decide for him (which most people don't figure out) but as for making it on his own, I have a tough time seeing him doing much more than leading yoga lessons.

That Lulu lemon stuff is one the a$$ of every girl in Calgary, Vancouver, etc... maybe he should get involved with that stuff...haha.

Displaced Flames fan
05-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Haha...a weak reference to Zoolander...

I totally missed that.

Tragically, because that was close to what Ricky did that year he took off!

That damn Hansel....he's so hot right now.

burn_baby_burn
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Ricky was a draw last year. The novelty has worn off. And the guy didn't even really draw in Toronto. He averaged 5 yards per carry. He didn't rush for 3,000 yards like some people were predicting. I'm pretty sure he was back for the Stamps game last year. I think he scored one of his 3 td's against us.

I don't know anything about the CFL. But in the NFL. That is like HOF numbers. Jim Brown averaged 5.2 yards per carry his entire carrer.

worth
05-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Calgary RB Joffrey Reynolds averaged 5.8 or 5.9 last year.

KTown
05-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Before you all judge Ricky, reember the media is not always right.

Ricky is claiming innocense. Do we not give Ricky the benefit of the doubt until the process is done. If found guilty then judge.

Until then I want him back in a fins uniform, he and ronnie brown can make a top 5 duo running back set.

Here is the article backing him up

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10176934

rubecube
05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Ricky is claiming innocense. Do we not give Ricky the benefit of the doubt until the process is done. If found guilty then judge.

When he's been caught twice already? I don't think so.