PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 8

Fobulous
10-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Watching the Eagles game... not too bad... kind of slow but was too be expected.

I have to give it to all the people that believe in the chiefs... they are putting up some good numbers against the Colts. Looks like I got caught with my foot in my mouth as I basically thought the Chiefs had no chance today.

Some good games thus far.

Sylvanfan
10-31-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm absolutely livid that I can't find the Chiefs game on any of the Global Channels. I mean everyone knew that this game was going to be a shootout. Canadian fans often claim to like the CFL because it's a league where teams move the ball and put up some points. Why didn't any of the global affiliates want to pick up this game? Anyways up 10 in the 4h against the Colts and having Manning already throw for like 400 yards I'm still nervous.

What about the Giants whooping the Vikings like this? I certainly didn't see this coming. I figured the Giants would show up after a tough loss. I guess I totally forgot about the Giant domination of the Vikings in recent years.

flames_1987
10-31-2004, 02:31 PM
being a colts fan sucks. Every week, Manning plays amazing and so does the Offense and the D just sucks. This is the worst defense in the league, nobody even compares, they didn't even make one stop today except for a fumble. Also QB's are averaging over 300 a game now. Manning almost passed for almost 500 yards and the Colts only turned the ball over once and they lost by 10!!!

Next week vs Minnesota will be a laugh, probablly 1050-1000 with each QB breaking every NFL record. Watch out if Moss is healthy because Nick Harpers on him!

Displaced Flames fan
10-31-2004, 02:51 PM
It sounds like the Broncos are off to a great start leading the Falcons 14-3 late in the 1st. The game isn't on here though, damn it.

Plummer threw an 80 yard TD pass to Rod Smith for the second score. Can't wait to see the highlights.

Was out and about most of the day and listened to the Chiefs game on the radio. They are clicking on offense, but the defense kind of fell back to earth today (although it WAS the Colts they were playing). I think they'll be in the Wild Card race for sure.

Fobulous
10-31-2004, 02:58 PM
End of the first quarter and the steelers are absolutely dominating the Patriots.... 16-3.

Is the streak about to end?

Displaced Flames fan
10-31-2004, 04:33 PM
The door is open for the Chiefs to win the division now. Forget the wild card.

The Broncos have decided to be mediocre now. Unbelievable.

Sylvanfan
10-31-2004, 05:37 PM
Well the Chiefs came out and clicked on all cylinders on offence today. Going for the touchdown on 3rd and 5 with 2:17 to go in the game was exactly the play they had to do. Hopefully with back to back games like this on offence they get back the confidence they had last year to roll over teams regardless how the defence plays. Still that touchdown that put them up by 10 is the reason they pulled out that win, took all the pressure off the defence. Man is Priest Holmes a player or what, 14 touchdowns in 7 games. He might just go for 30 this season especially the way the offence is clicking right now (Hope I didn't curse him by posting this).

With 5 games left against Divisional opponents the Chiefs certainly do have a shot at the division ableit a long one. Unless Plummer pulls his head out of his backside a 10-6 record should be enough to take the AFC West. Key is they have to win the 5 divisional games left, and that won't be easy considering that the Chargers are far from a door mat these days. Man this league gets tougher to predict every week.

Displaced Flames fan
10-31-2004, 05:44 PM
Glad to see the Patriots lose...and even happier because I've been calling it for 2 weeks. The Steelers are for real. The AFC is going to be a dogfight.

I will say this about Denver, they kept playing after I was disgusted and made my last post. They didn't give up and kept fighting.

Plummer threw 3 picks. The first 2 were tipped, the 3rd as they were driving to try to get within one score with less than 3 minutes left. Not sure, because I didn't see, if they were bonehead picks or just bad luck on the first two and a case of trying to make something happen on the third. He also threw for 499 yards and 4 TD's. Huge day for Rod Smith as well. Tied Shannon Sharpe for most TD's in Bronco's history and had the second best receiving day in team history behind Shannon as well. Great day for one of the most underrated players in the league.

If they lose to Houston at home, though, it's the beginning of the end for Denver this season....even though Houston is a pretty good team.

Sylvanfan
11-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Well I must admit that you've been talking the Steelers to knock of the Pats for a couple of weeks so you deserve accolades for that. I'm sure you and I will both agree that the Raiders are playing exactly the way you and I both hoped they would. Hopefully Warren Sapp tries to choke Turner next game and gets expelled from the league. They are not enough bad things that can happen to the Raiders.

On the topic of Rod Smith, man does that guy ever put up good numbers without a lot of fanfare. They said on MNF last week that he'll likely be 15th or better in alltime receiving yards once he's finished, but you don't think of him as a hall of fame type. Yet the numbers suggest he very much merits consideration. I'd take a guy like him over Terrell Owens anyday. Smith may not have the one spectacular game that Owens is capable of, but Smith will never destruct his entire team because he's unhappy.

Displaced Flames fan
11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Interesting fact about Rod Smith....

Hasn't missed a workout, optional or required, in his entire career...all with Denver of course. He's the ONLY Bronco to accomplish that.

Says it all to me.