PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen vs Spooky Creek-Oct.31

Flickered Flame
10-31-2004, 09:51 AM
An afternoon game today down at the dome. hopefully the hitmen play a good game, this will be their 3rd game in 2 1/2 days. Daniel Spence may get the start today for the Hitmen. 2:30 start time, and as always live broadcast on the FAN.

albertGQ
10-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh yeah, and I think kids 10 and under that are dressed up get in for free

KevanGuy
10-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Pretty good game. Didnt really get going until the third. Speedy Creek was being badly outplayed and outshot in the first 2 periods but hung in there.

If Kisio cant get these guys to play consistantly for 60 minutes I think they're gonna get picked apart in the playoffs.

Flickered Flame
10-31-2004, 06:44 PM
If Kisio cant get these guys to play consistantly for 60 minutes I think they're gonna get picked apart in the playoffs.

KG that has been this teams big problem for past few seasons...in the past 2 or 3 years the Hitmen would get a good lead and just sit back in the third period and lead and the 2 points disappear right in front of them. It was similar to the first few games of this season against Red Deer.

rockstar
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Managed to get out to the game today, on a whim, no less...
Good first period, terrible 2nd, solid 3rd. After SC pulled ahead 2-1 at the start of the third it seemed the Hitmen woke up, especially Getzlaf. I thought he was invisible until early in the 3rd.
The fans went crazy for Getzlaf's empty-netter with 20 seconds left, free burger at Wendy's!! :D

Overall, a pretty good game. I hadn't been back to the 'Dome since the playoffs, so it was kind of bitter-sweet. Makes me miss the NHL that much more.