PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Questions

Mccree
07-28-2004, 10:27 PM
What is PHP?

How to load new avatars?

Can we use different smilies and if so how?

Thanks

photon
07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
PHP is the scripting language that this forum software is written in.

http://www.php.net

You can load new avatars by going to your controls. Click on the My Controls link near the top right, and there on the left 2/3 of the way down is a link called "Edit Avatar Settings". Click on that and you can either link to your avatar, or use one of the pre-loaded ones.

To use the other smilies you just have to know their codes.. To see them all click the "More Options" button below the fast reply, or click the "Add Reply" button to a thread and you'll see the more advanced reply interface
which includes the list of smilies.

:D

Super-Rye
07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
My avatar won't change. It's a .jpg on my computer and when ever I try to get it to work I get this message

The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem

Maybe I should contact a staff member ;)

Dirty Mr. Clean
07-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Super-Rye@Jul 29 2004, 04:49 AM
My avatar won't change. It's a .jpg on my computer and when ever I try to get it to work I get this message

The error returned was:

Is it the correct size of 64x64 pixels

browna
07-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by dirtymrclean+Jul 28 2004, 11:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtymrclean @ Jul 28 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Super-Rye@Jul 29 2004, 04:49 AM

The error returned was:

Is it the correct size of 64x64 pixels [/b][/quote]
Not sure if mine is...its small, and the "scaling" feature is on, which should make it the right size anyway...

Super-Rye
07-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by dirtymrclean+Jul 28 2004, 11:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtymrclean @ Jul 28 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Super-Rye@Jul 29 2004, 04:49 AM

The error returned was:

Is it the correct size of 64x64 pixels[/b][/quote]
No, it's 60 x 60 5.4 KB. But as browna said, the scaling feature is on.