PDA

View Full Version : Thats It Thats All

flames_1987
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
That ends the 04 Stamps. Once again it was another long year for fans and players alike. But to me its not all doom and gloom, this team is going in the right direction finally.

For the first time in forever it sounds like were going to have the same system in place for more then one year. No more learning the new system every camp. Also we finally have a QB. When Jones can get the full grip of this system our Offense can really shine. Nick Lewis made great strides and is my choice for ROY. With Connel injured our WR's weren't the best, it might be nice to add someone.

Our Defense is a definite stepping stone, with the best young linebackers in the league. We need to adress our safety spot however.

We do get the first overall pick so it will be intresting to see what we do with it. With Jenkins locked up and Renalds showing the flash he did this year, the first pick becomes that much more intresting, does anyone see a possible trade? I could see the Al's wanting in on the #1 RB.

Well we shall see, but at least its not all bad!

calf
10-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Thank goodness it's over...the last few weeks are keeping me hopeful, but I will remain cautiously optimistic.

The defence will be stellar again, we have a good experienced QB, and a great new running back.

Work for the off-season: find a GM so Matty can concentrate on coaching; upgrade one or two people in the secondary/saftey; receivers with heart; younger o-line.
The pieces are in place for next year, so we'll see how matty does in 2005. I've always said that I'd judge his performance on his second year of work...I had low expectations for him, and was expecting a rebuilding season. The worst thing will be bringing in another GM/Coach who wants to put his stamp (npi) on the team...it's just another wasted rebuilding year. I'll use this analogy: building a team is like building a skyscraper. It's a tough and complex project, but if you notice it's not being built as fast as you want it to, you just plug ahead until you finish...you don't tear it down and start all over.

Rest of the season I'm head of the ABE/ABS fan club!

calgaryred
10-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Well from a guy that predicted a 1-17 season it turned out better than I ever imagined. With Khari coming out and lifting the moral for this team next season, I hope he delivers or this team will be back to square one.

Pagal4321
10-30-2004, 02:22 AM
Well all we can hope for is alot better next season.

Anyone know of who the front runners for the first few draft picks could be? Would be intresting to see the talent pool that is available to us for that first overall pick.

I_H8_Crawford
10-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Pagal4321@Oct 30 2004, 02:22 AM
Well all we can hope for is alot better next season.

Anyone know of who the front runners for the first few draft picks could be? Would be intresting to see the talent pool that is available to us for that first overall pick.
Jesse Lumsden is expected to go #1, after that I'm not sure as the college football season isn't over yet.

Rejean31
10-30-2004, 11:15 AM
I like the sounds of #1 overall pick (Jesse Lumsden) to Montreal for reciever Ben Cahoon and a lower pick.

I_H8_Crawford
10-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Does Mon really want Lumsden though? I mean they already drafted Lapointe who had owned the rushing record before Lumsden beat it this year, and Lapointe is their backup still... and Cahoon may be too high of a price for them to pay even if they do decide they want him.

calf
10-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Supposidly Hamilton wants Lumsden, going to McMaster and all

flames_1987
10-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by calf@Oct 30 2004, 08:19 PM
Supposidly Hamilton wants Lumsden, going to McMaster and all
yup, he grew up in good ol Hamilton so they really would. The only thing is Troy Davis. The guy has been a great back for them and led the CFL last year in rushing. The only one I can see in need of a running back are the Al's everyone else is fine.