PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NFL Schedule released

The Goon
04-11-2007, 12:05 PM
As per NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/schedules)

Make your travel/TV plans, as necessary.

Sylvanfan
04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Chiefs play 3 of their first 4 on the road, and 3 of their last 4 on the road. Schedule is bookended with 2 road games. So inbetween the Cheifs will have 8 home games out of 12 and 6 out of 8. So far one possible prime time game for the Chiefs being the last game of the season. If I want to see my team this year I might have to go with Sunday ticket.

rubecube
04-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Sweet! I turn 21 on December 21 and the Eagles play in New Orleans on the 23rd. I know what I'm asking for birthday/Christmas.

EDIT: Barring injuries, Eagles should go at least 11-5 this year.

flames_1987
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
New Orleans Vs Indy is a great way to start the season. Nice to be the SuperBowl champs and get 5 primetime games, looking forward to it. Getting very bored of the Colts/Pats though, it's a great rivalry and all I just don't want to see it every single year myself.

burn_baby_burn
04-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Chiefs play 3 of their first 4 on the road, and 3 of their last 4 on the road. Schedule is bookended with 2 road games. So inbetween the Cheifs will have 8 home games out of 12 and 6 out of 8. So far one possible prime time game for the Chiefs being the last game of the season. If I want to see my team this year I might have to go with Sunday ticket.

I can't believe you don't get Sunday Ticket. It is the single greatest invention in the history of sports.

flames_1987
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I can't believe you don't get Sunday Ticket. It is the single greatest invention in the history of sports.

At a very decent price, I'd agree it's among the greatest things ever

troutman
04-12-2007, 10:47 AM
The Pats get the NFC East and AFC North this year - some winnable games there.

Saint Troy
04-12-2007, 10:50 AM
New Orleans Vs Indy is a great way to start the season. Nice to be the SuperBowl champs and get 5 primetime games, looking forward to it. Getting very bored of the Colts/Pats though, it's a great rivalry and all I just don't want to see it every single year myself.

Great way to start the year, plus we get Manning before the mid season form kicks in, hopefully. Saints should cruise to another division title.

rubecube
04-12-2007, 10:52 AM
The Pats get the NFC East and AFC North this year - some winnable games there.

Unfortunately I think you guys will kill the Eagles...we're garbage against the AFC.

Sylvanfan
04-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Well as much as I like the NFL, I've found in the past that I can get 10-12 Chiefs games on regular T.V. usually if the teams any good. So I can put up with the few weeks I can't find them rather than shell out the money for Sunday ticket. I really don't care if I miss a bunch of Browns vs. Cardinals, and Texans vs. Raiders types of games. I can't watch 6 or 7 games at once anyways, and back when I had the illegal sattelite dish I swear the NFL syndicated all their games to air commercials at the same time.

burn_baby_burn
04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I really don't care if I miss a bunch of Browns vs. Cardinals, and Texans vs. Raiders types of games.

How can you tell which games are going to be good and which arn't? On paper a lot of matchups look good. But like we see constantly on Monday Night Football, the so called marquee games can be blow out, yawn fests. With Sunday Ticket you can watch what ever you want. If a game sucks, you can watch another one that is more exciting.

Sylvanfan
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Well I'm just not a super avid football fan I guess. If the Chiefs are playing I'll watch the game. If they're not theres always something else to do if the games I can get don't interest me. Even if Minnesota and Cleveland in week 14 was an exciting game, I'm not that upset that I missed two 5-9 teams duking it out type of thing.

And looking at the Monday night games they have....I don't see a lot of very good matchups. This past year I lost interest in Monday Night by mid season, and from what I see picked for this coming year, I doubt I'll be watching from week 4 on.

Super-Rye
04-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm excited, Titans are playing a couple monday night games which means I get to watch them this year. :P

burn_baby_burn
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Well I'm just not a super avid football fan I guess. If the Chiefs are playing I'll watch the game. If they're not theres always something else to do if the games I can get don't interest me. Even if Minnesota and Cleveland in week 14 was an exciting game, I'm not that upset that I missed two 5-9 teams duking it out type of thing.

And looking at the Monday night games they have....I don't see a lot of very good matchups. This past year I lost interest in Monday Night by mid season, and from what I see picked for this coming year, I doubt I'll be watching from week 4 on.

The people who decide the Monday night matchups allways confuse me. They allways take playoff or hot teams from the season before and try to showcase them on primetime. But with parity this doesn't allways work. Teams tank after a hot year often. And a lot of the games end up being blow outs with the majority of viewers changing the channel at half time I would suspect. The thing that impressed me about the NFL network last season, was that all the games they showed late in the season where division rivals. Now these matchups aren't allways exciting. But how many Chiefs vs Raiders matchups have we seen over the years be decided in the dying minutes or last play? That is just one example of many great rivalries thoughout the league. Do people really get excited over Michael Vick vs Peyton Manning? Or do they want to see the Giants and the Eagles duke it out?

As for 5-9 teams duking it out. If you play sports select (and I'm not saying you should) or are in a weekly pool where money is involved. Games like that will make you jump up and down like the Chiefs just won the Super Bowl if the result nets you some money. Gambling makes all close games exciting, regarless of who is playing. I think the NFL knows this.