PDA

View Full Version : "Pacman" Jones suspended for the entire season

transplant99
04-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Chris Henry for 8 games.

The new commisioner is putting his mark on things.

Good.

http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=203607&hubname=

Bobblehead
04-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Good.

About time these athletes didn't get off scott free or with a slap on the wrist because they were good at a sport.

Super-Rye
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Can't say I disagree with the suspension. Being a Titans fan this really does put them in a hole. They'll probably draft a CB in the first round now.

Pagal4321
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Good. I'm glad Goodell is taking a stand with these idiots. But this might just create a HUGE HUGE problem between the NFL and the NFLPA as I don't see them taking this lightly.

JayP
04-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Good. I'm glad Goodell is taking a stand with these idiots. But this might just create a HUGE HUGE problem between the NFL and the NFLPA as I don't see them taking this lightly.

I heard that the NFLPA is supporting Goodell for taking harsh actions on the criminal behavior of some players. Apparently a lot of players support it.

Bobblehead
04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I heard that the NFLPA is supporting Goodell for taking harsh actions on the criminal behavior of some players. Apparently a lot of players support it.

I've heard the same thing - other players are tired of being assiciated with the players pulling these kind of stunts.

Bobblehead
04-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Also, the Personal Conduct Policy has been updated. link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10119182)

And from the NFLPA:
Added NFL Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw: "The NFL Players Association and the Player Advisory Council have been discussing this issue for several months. We believe that these are steps that the commissioner needs to take and we support the policy. It is important that players in violation of the policy will have the opportunity and the support to change their conduct and earn their way back."

Sainters7
04-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Can't say I disagree with the suspension. Being a Titans fan this really does put them in a hole. They'll probably draft a CB in the first round now.

They also picked up Nick Harper of the Colts a couple weeks back, which should help. As a Titans fan, do you think they will cut ties with Pac-Man in 2008?

Bobblehead
04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Reached at her Georgia home, Jones’ mother, Deborah Jones, said: “I just pray that this can be changed. This is not fair for him. It’s just not fair.”

I agree. It isn't fair. It isn't fair that that SOB you raised gets millions to play a game but still can't avoid 10 run-ins with the law since he has been in the league.

Super-Rye
04-10-2007, 03:08 PM
They also picked up Nick Harper of the Colts a couple weeks back, which should help. As a Titans fan, do you think they will cut ties with Pac-Man in 2008?

I don't think so, as long as he keeps his behaviour in check. He's really good and too valuable to the special teams, but he'll be put on probation as it were, one more slip up and he's done, and true they did pick up Harper, but they still need another CB, they have 3 needs going into the draft, CB, WR, and RB.

There's talk that Ted Ginn Jr. might be available around the 19th pick, if he is the Titans will surely pick him up, if not there's tons of really good WR in this draft, they'll take one in the second round, and since there's no real good RB later in the first round they'll go with a CB, I'm thinking Darrelle Reavis. He's fast and can work on the special teams as a returner, making Jones expendable if he does screw up, and giving the Titans some versitile corners if he doesn't.

Table 5
04-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Reached at her Georgia home, Jones’ mother, Deborah Jones, said: “I just pray that this can be changed. This is not fair for him. It’s just not fair.”

Clearly this man was raised to be responsible.

Displaced Flames fan
04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Outstanding news.

And this aggressive stance was initiated by the NFLPA, not the league.

Red_Baron
04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Good to see.
Maybe some of these 7 figure income earners will think before "keeping it real."
Crime may sell records but it will no longer help you on the football field...

Antithesis
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM
I was really surprised to hear much of the rhetoric on ESPN while I was in Vegas, defending Pacman Jones and saying he shouldn't be suspended at all because he had not been convicted of any crimes.

I'm sorry, but if I had half of what he does on his record, proven innocent or not, I'd be out a job and a career. A one-year suspension for this fool is more than fair.

Clever_Iggy
04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Outstanding news.

Which is exactly why the NFL is having so much success. They are constantly looking forward and their Players Association is actually working with the NFL to a common goal - league wide success.

I wonder if the NBA is paying attention...

burn_baby_burn
04-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Did anybody hear Chris Henry on NFL Total Access last week after his meeting in NY with the commisioner? He said the usual, I have learned my lesson, blah, blah, blah. Rich Eisen asked him about the fans out there that may be skeptical of his attitude and behaviour. He said that if the fans didn't believe in him then they were not real fans. I found that comment interesting.

Pagal4321
04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Outstanding news.

Hmm, I did not know that. If that's the case then this is a great move on the league's part.

Flames in 07
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I was really surprised to hear much of the rhetoric on ESPN while I was in Vegas, defending Pacman Jones and saying he shouldn't be suspended at all because he had not been convicted of any crimes.

I'm sorry, but if I had half of what he does on his record, proven innocent or not, I'd be out a job and a career. A one-year suspension for this fool is more than fair.

I was in Vegas as well, didn't hear much on ESPN or local defending PacMan.

This is yet another reason why the NFL is head and shoulders above all other leagues. If there is a problem they react quickly to solve it.

ricoFlame
07-30-2007, 08:58 AM
now he's gonna be a wrestler! hilarious.

http://www.nbcsports.com/sports/1844866/detail.html

ricoFlame
08-06-2007, 10:06 AM
the newest wrestling great to make his debut in the ring on thursday.

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbcsports/menuitem.6f806e473b4cb158fb00ec22493c2d04/?vgnextoid=e8e0fd883bb34110VgnVCM10000075c1d240RCR D&vgnextchannel=9f23d5e59df02110VgnVCM100000dc032c03 RCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Flames in 07
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
The article points out, much like I thought when this was announced that he runs the risk of losing his NFL contract.

He will never, ever get a contract like he did in his rookie year. If he ever comes back, it is at the minimum.

This guy makes worse decisions with every passing day.

ricoFlame
08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
now the titans are trying to block his wrestling career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2969037

ricoFlame
08-11-2007, 04:16 PM
now he can appear, but can't do much of anything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2969037