PDA

View Full Version : Female Ump to Work MLB Exhibition Game

kipperfan
03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-femaleumpire-exhibitiongame&prov=ap&type=lgns

Interesting.....begs the question...would the athletes and fans of the major pro sports leagues(NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL) except female officials...:confused:

OILFAN #81
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-femaleumpire-exhibitiongame&prov=ap&type=lgns

Interesting.....begs the question...would the athletes and fans of the major pro sports leagues(NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL) except female officials...:confused:

NBA already has female officials. I don't think there are any in the other leagues yet though.

kipperfan
03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
NBA already has female officials. I don't think there are any in the other leagues yet though.

Really....wow where have I been. There cannot be many of them as I have never seen one.

OILFAN #81
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Really....wow where have I been. There cannot be many of them as I have never seen one.

Yeah there is only 1 but she has been in the league for 10 years doing alot of games. Her last name is Palmer.

OilersBaby
03-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I just read that article, and I think it's awesome that there's a female umpire out there.

Remember Manon Rheume as an NHL goalie?

ricoFlame
03-28-2007, 04:29 PM
in baseball the fans and umpires have an interesting relationship. perhaps more than any other sport they are heckled and taunted every inning by a few fans. i bet this lady will get a bit more harch treatment to begin with even though she will almost certainlly be no different in knowledge and/orskill than the other umps. she'll do fine though.

Kidder
03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I see a lot more manager-umpire chest bumping in the future...

ricoFlame
03-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I see a lot more manager-umpire chest bumping in the future...

haha, yeah, i suppost that dynamic may change a bit. i didn't even think of that. funny stuff.

Hack&Lube
03-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Maybe if we get some young and pretty refs in the NHL, the players instead of mouthing back would be like: "yes ma'am, I'm going to my penalty box"