PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Injury to Raptors Garbojosa

killer_carlson
03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
That was either a dislocated ankle or a broken leg. You know it's a bad injury when:

a) you can hear the player screaming on the broadcast
b) the closest opponent sees the injury and then immediately turns away and covers his eyes
c) the players on the bench react in horror
d) a teammate runs over and puts a towel over your injury.

Garbo had all of that. He is so important to this team's success that I think playoffs are now in jeopardy. I hope he's all right because that looked absolutely horrible.

jam26
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm glad TSN gave a warning before showing it, because those types of injuries really make me squeamish. Hope he recovers.

octothorp
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, that was scary. I had no idea what happened to him, but the look of the faces of the players was probably the most alarming thing. I'm hoping that it's a cleanly broken bone, as opposed to joint or tendon injury.

I don't think their playoff chances are in jeopardy quite yet, but I agree it's a big concern. They've handled injuries to Bosh, Ford, Calderon, and Parker so far this year; going without Bagnani and Garbajosa for the rest of the regular season is going to be rough.

ricoFlame
03-27-2007, 03:40 PM
i missed this, and it sounds like it was a good thing that i did. terrible loss for the raps, i agree playoff are a bit tougher of a task now, guys have to really step up.

octothorp
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Just for a bit of perspective on whether the Raps will still make the playoffs, their magic number is 7 with 12 games left. That's a really good ratio. Even if they don't win another game this season, the only way that they miss the playoffs is if three of Orlando, New Jersey, Indiana and New York play .500 ball down the stretch, something none of them have been capable of this year. After giving the numbers a good look, I think Toronto will still win the division fairly easily.

edit: and an update on the injury--serious ankle and ligament damage... not career threatening, but a recovery time of 3 - 6 months.

ricoFlame
03-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Just for a bit of perspective on whether the Raps will still make the playoffs, their magic number is 7 with 12 games left. That's a really good ratio. Even if they don't win another game this season, the only way that they miss the playoffs is if three of Orlando, New Jersey, Indiana and New York play .500 ball down the stretch, something none of them have been capable of this year. After giving the numbers a good look, I think Toronto will still win the division fairly easily.

edit: and an update on the injury--serious ankle and ligament damage... not career threatening, but a recovery time of 3 - 6 months.

hmmm, interesting...sometimes players are never the same after an injury such as this, hopefully garbo will be his old self next season