Calgary Hitmen (Home)
Prince Albert Raiders (Visiting)

Game on

KevanGuy
10-24-2004, 05:21 PM
CAR!

Flickered Flame
10-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Hitmen playing backup Daniel Spence in goal tonight. Apparently both Bobby Clarke and Glen Sather are at the dome. The Fan is trying to setup a couple of interviews.

GAME ON!!

Flickered Flame
10-24-2004, 05:30 PM
0-0 after the first.

Flickered Flame
10-24-2004, 06:07 PM
1-0 Hitmen, Landolt from DuPont 12:01 of the 2nd.

Oxygen-Supply
10-24-2004, 06:11 PM
How is the attendance this year? Compared to this time last year?

2-0

Oxygen-Supply
10-24-2004, 07:00 PM
2-1 final :tup:

Resolute 14
10-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by mileflames@Oct 24 2004, 05:11 PM
How is the attendance this year? Compared to this time last year?

2-0
I've been tracking that, and thinking about posting on it. I'll do that shortly.

As for tonights game, I think the greatest shock is that Derek Herman didnt screw one team over. He didnt call any phantom penalties, and while he missed a lot of calls as usual, it was the actual players who determined the outcome.

The first line was pretty much useless. The only thing Ladd did of note is take another stupid penalty. Getzlaf didnt do much either.

Landolt's goal was an absolute rocket from the slot. Beachemin didnt have a prayer. The winning goal was lucky, deflection off a skate and in.

The offense didnt show up for either the first or third periods, but dominated the second. I can only imagine what the Hitmen could do if they could do that an entire game.

Spence played solid. I think he only faced one shot in the second, but it was a doozy. He really needs to learn WHL rules though, as he cost the Hitmen four icing calls by leaving his crease. I imagine Kisio or Evanson will chat with him about that.

Overall, not a bad game. Yacboski won his fight with Schafer pretty handily.

troutman
10-24-2004, 08:37 PM
I went to this game with my 3 year old. His first live hockey game. The Hitmen do a good job to make things entertaining for kids.

I'm sure this must have been discussed before here, but what is with the grey uniforms? They are hard to tell apart from the visiting team's whites. Should have made them much darker. I'm suprised the WHL allows this.

Flickered Flame
10-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm sure this must have been discussed before here, but what is with the grey uniforms? They are hard to tell apart from the visiting team's whites. Should have made them much darker. I'm suprised the WHL allows this.

The grey uniforms are for the 10th anniversary of the Hitmen hockey club. I don't think that they are wearing them the entire season just the first 10-15 home games or something like that.