PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 7 thoughts

Fobulous
10-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Just finished watchin the eagles-browns game when I should have been studying for my midterm tomorrow.

What a game. My eagles remain undefeated. Althought it took them overtime to beat the browns they still are playing like superbowl contenders.

habernac
10-24-2004, 04:07 PM
And Terrell Owens shows his maturity by costing his team 15 yards for unsportmanlike conduct. I was cheering loudly for the Browns in this one. Good try by Garcia to get them the win, but at least they made it interesting.

Jacksonville beats the Colts in Indianapolis. Nice job. One of the highlights I watched showed a receiver shoving Manning in the huddle. Anyone actually see the game and know what that was about?

Miami gets the win over the ever enigmatic Rams. Who'd have thunk it?

Detroit with a huge victory over the Giants. Nice job by another team who are a total mystery. You never know who's going to show up.

Mossless Minnesota has an easy time over the Titans who lost McNair early. Without McNair, Tennessee is nothing.

KC absolutely steamrolls Atlanta. Tell me again why I chose the Falcons in this game.

Baltimore had no problems with the pathetic Bills. Bledsoe very ordinary with 4 picks in this game. Neon gets a TD INT in this one.

Tbay bored Chicago to death 19-7.

Drew Brees leads San Diego over Carolina 17-6.

Eddie Bronze
10-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Based on the pool I'm in, all I gotta say is: St. Louis, Indy and Seattle, thanks a whole hell of a lot for showing up this week! :angry:

troutman
10-24-2004, 08:12 PM
My eagles remain undefeated. Althought it took them overtime to beat the browns they still are playing like superbowl contenders.

Superbowl contenders don't give up 150 yards rushing in the first half and nearly lose the game to the mediocre Browns. Cleveland just showed the rest of the league how to beat the Eagles; RUN THE BALL! Too bad Cleveland did not win the game so Garcia could have scoreboard against B.O. The Eagles DBs got away with a lot of pass interference.

My Pats never blow anyone out, but they just keep winning. Next week at PIT. They are a better team this year with the addition of Dillon.

ATL was exposed today like I knew they would be. Very over-rated. KC is still a dangerous team in the AFC.

SEA is really in trouble, losing to AZ. How did Rice play?

Fobulous
10-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Superbowl contenders don't give up 150 yards rushing in the first half and nearly lose the game to the mediocre Browns. Cleveland just showed the rest of the league how to beat the Eagles; RUN THE BALL! Too bad Cleveland did not win the game so Garcia could have scoreboard against B.O. The Eagles DBs got away with a lot of pass interference.

Superbowl contenders always find a way to win though.

Pagal4321
10-24-2004, 10:02 PM
ATL 10 @ KC 56
Yeaaaaa, 8 rushing TDs against the 'best' rushing defense in the league. Vick is probablt the most inconsistant player out there. Big win for KC, why oh why did I bet on the Falcons?

JAC 27 @ IND 24
Well huge HUGE win for Jacksonville this week. Really shut up the doubters. That offense is finally starting to click and they won it in the last 5 minutes. This team is looking to be pretty good. Taht defense contained Manning and friends, but there seems to be some problems there with Wayne shoving Manning in the huddle.... :unsure:

PHI 34 @ CLE 31
Bet on the Eagles and would have won if they could hold the lead! <_<
Still this team is good but got exposed by Clevland, first time anyone's really exposed the running defense. Still don't think this is an undefeated team.....stupid TO and his non-catch TD.

SD 17 @ CAR 6
Great game by Chargers. Opening people's eye's that they aren't as bad as everyone thought they were. McCardell will be a good fit in this offense and will open things up for Tomlinson and Gates. How bad is Carolina this year, granted they are ravaged by injuries.

BUF 6 @ BAL 20
Buffalo offense against Baltimore defense.....I think we all coulda predicted this outcome. Bledsoe is done and the only reason he's still in there is becuase first rounder Losman is injured. Deion with a TD and 2 Ints, does that mean he won't shut up this week?

CHI 7 @ TB 19
Odd, I thought Griese was a horrible QB, seems to be fitting in well in Gruden's system. TB's defense is still pretty damn good and therefore took care of the hideous Bears offense. Poor Urlacher he could do so much better then the Bears.

DET 28 @ NYG 13
Tiki Barber really looks good this year. Detroit is tough against the run and he still did pretty decent. Good all around back, seems to have moved past his fumblitis problems. Detroit really needs those 2 rookies in there, Williams and Jones were huge in this game. Good on those Lions.

TEN 3 @ MIN 20
Well Daunte's finally showed people he can win without Moss, even with a 4th string RB back there. Minny's defense played huge today, maybe living up to their potential? Titans NEED McNair in there and needed to run Chris Brown alot more. Great win for the Vikes.

STL 14 @ MIA 31
Miami won a game......Damn that is impressive. STL's defense is just hideous and Miami's defense finally got a win with good solid play. Have the Dolphins finally got over Ricky Williams, I dunno but let's hope so.

NYJ 7 @ NE 13
Well 21 in a row, that's quite an impressive feat. The Jets kept it close but Pennington is just not able to close the deal on them. Defensive struggle with Pats comming out on top. Who will beat these guys?

NO 31 @ OAK 26
Saints won ANOTHER GAME?! Even with that pourous defense? Well they did get a defensive touchdown late that really won the game for them. With Deuce back looks like Saints offense is looking a whole lot better now.

DAL 20 @ GB 41
Well I'll be...Parcells got WHOOPED! Didn't want GB to win, want them to become basement dwellers of the league, but looks like they don't want that.
They looked pretty good today, offense is really solid with Farve healthy. And defense with a bend not break system. Will get exposed soon!!

SEA 17 @ ARI 25
Are you sure the Seahawks will be in the Super Bowl? Not after a DISMAL offensive performance like that. JERRY RICE dropped a few passes. It must be that uniform. The defense didn't help the Hawks cause either. Zona looking good at home, Larrry Fitzgerald looks really good.

An ODD week to say the least, KC woke up, Eagles won(still bitter), Pats look unstoppable.

Sylvanfan
10-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Well out of no-where the Chiefs wake up and come up with 8 rushing touchdowns. If not for some 4th quarter meltdowns the Chiefs could be 5-1. Than again two years ago the Chiefs could have been a 12-4 team instead of an 8-8 team. That same year they also could have been a team that went 4-12 too. Lasts years Chief team got every break they could en-route to their 10-1 start. So it stands to reason that the breaks will go against the Chiefs this year and that they'll be closer to a 4-12 team than a 12-4 team. If the Chiefs want to entertain any thoughts of making the playoffs the following needs to happen.

They must win at least 8 of the last 10 games, but most likely 9 is what it will take so they can afford a loss to the Patriots. They must beat the Colts head to head and hope that the Colts find a way to loose two other games on their shedule. Should they manage to make this happen they will finish ahead of Indianapolis and San Diego and should be able to grab the final wild card spot in the AFC behind the Jets. I won't bank on it happening, but what the hell I can still hope can't I? As it stands the AFC playoff teams look to be in order
New England
Denver
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
New York Jets*
Indianapolis*

It appears that San Diego, Baltimore, and Houston are the other teams that will be around .500 and could possibly challenge for the last spot.

As far as the NFC goes Philly and Minnesota look like the only two teams that want to go to the playoffs. The Giants were looking good too, but than they get beat up by Detroit at home. The Seahawks were looking good until the Rams came back on them and now they look terrible. Atlanta they also look bloody inconsistant too. Maybe they should only award the NFC 4 playoff spots and give the other two berths to AFC teams.

troutman
10-26-2004, 09:28 AM
I think KC can make the playoffs. Here is the remaining schedule, and my predictions:

8 Sun. Oct. 31 1:00 p.m. ET Colts - W
9 Sun. Nov. 7 1:00 p.m. ET at Buccaneers -W
10 Sun. Nov. 14 1:00 p.m. ET at Saints - W
11 Mon. Nov. 22 9:00 p.m. ET Patriots - L
12 Sun. Nov. 28 1:00 p.m. ET Chargers - W
13 Sun. Dec. 5 4:05 p.m. ET at Raiders -W
14 Mon. Dec. 13 9:00 p.m. ET at Titans - W
15 Sun. Dec. 19 4:15 p.m. ET Broncos - W
16 Sat. Dec. 25 5:00 p.m. ET Raiders - W
17 Sun. Jan. 2 4:15 p.m. ET at Chargers - L

I think they can go 8-2, making them 10-6. The schedule is not hard. Even 7-3 should get them in the door.

Fobulous
10-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I think KC can make the playoffs. Here is the remaining schedule, and my predictions:

I think they can go 8-2, making them 10-6. The schedule is not hard. Even 7-3 should get them in the door.

Based on what? The fact that they blew out Atlanta? Atlanta is a shaky team. They are inconsistent. I doubt KC has a chance against the colts next week. THe colts are coming off a tough loss and I can see them coming out to play hard this week. I will give KC the benefit of having an easy schedule and they could probably go .500 the rest of the way. I doubt they will make the playoffs though.

transplant99
10-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Biggest surprise to me this week was Champ Bailey being made to like Chump Bailey by Chad Johnson.

Dude is the best cover corner in the league and he was burned numerous times.

Denver looked awful last night....I was starting to think of them in Super Bowl terms. Not so sure now.

KC still hasnt shown they can play enough defence to contend...not sure why so many think they can go 7-3 or 8-2 with that group.

Strange year tho....Miami and Buffalo are the worst teams in football, while the Lions and Chargers are contending for division leads.

troutman
10-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Based on what?

KC was 14-2 last season, and unbeatable at home. They are better than they have show this far. They dominated Baltimore on the road and embarrassed the Falcons. Will be interesting to follow. I'm not a fan of the Chefs, but that is one impressive offence.

moon
10-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by troutman@Oct 26 2004, 08:28 AM

I can't see them beating the Colts and doubt they beat the Broncos so I have them going 8-8 and missing the play-offs.

The Chiefs with that offense can win any week but at the same time with their defense can also lose any week.

Flickered Flame
10-26-2004, 01:50 PM
A couple of major surprises this past week. The Cards and the Fish both winning at home against good teams. Seattle has really fallen back after blowing that game against the Rams. With the Rams you never know what you are going to get. The Eagles and Pats continue to look great. Bledsoe's starting QB days are coming to an end...and how about those Chiefs!

Sylvanfan
10-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Well KC gets Indianapolis at home this week and need to hope for a cold, cold day. Basically the Chiefs need the weather to help them stop Indy's passing game. If it's cold than the Chiefs will be able to run all over the Colts defence and the elements will limit Mannings effectiveness. If the conditions allow Indy to have any kind of passing game than the Colts are likely to put up 50 points against the Chief defence even if they only have the ball for 10 minutes. Still K.C. has to win this game if they want to be in the playoffs. If they lose than they might as well take the rest of the season off.

Sylvanfan
10-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by transplant99@Oct 26 2004, 05:40 PM
Biggest surprise to me this week was Champ Bailey being made to like Chump Bailey by Chad Johnson.

I was more surprised that Carson Palmer was able to make Bailey pay for the times that Johnson got behind him. Johnson is a very talented player, and that Bengal offence has the pieces to be similar to the Colts. The Bengals could finish the season strongly, and could possibly be a contender next season when Palmer has more experience. Another team that will be much better as the year goes on is the Arizona Cardianls. Denis Greene has some good pieces with McCown, Fitzgerald, and Boldin (when he gets back) to build a good offence. The Cardinals play most of their games in good weather every year so Greene will be able to use a pass heavey offence if he wants. Come next year in that division Arizona could be as good as anyone.

I also never said KC will go 8-2, but I suggested they have to if they want to make the playoffs. But if they can beat the Colts this week and that offence starts rolling like it did last year than they are capable of pulling it off. The key is that they have to beat the Colts. I don't think they will, but I'll still watch.

Displaced Flames fan
10-26-2004, 10:04 PM
The Broncos defense had it's rough spots last night,, but the offense should be able to put up 20 points every time out especially against a defense as porous as the Bengals. It was the offense that lost the game for the Broncos. Plummer played easily his worst game of the year and the offensive line was horrible in pass protection.

Also, I wouldn't call falling down being made look like a chump, but then again..I'm biased. Johnson certainly won the one on one batlle last night...and that doesn't happen to Champ very often. Still an absolutely genius trade.

The Chiefs schedule will keep them out of the playoffs I think. However, their defense has made some significant strides and they were nothing short of spectacular defensively on Sunday.

I don't think there are any great teams in the league not named the Patriots. After them, there are a bunch of good teams. There is only one elite team in the league right now.....and they will still be the only elite team in the league even after they lose in Pittsburgh this weekend.

The Broncos will be fine...and will be in the thick of things in the AFC. They have a cupcake schedule.

Pagal4321
10-26-2004, 10:17 PM
The Broncos offense did let them down. BIG TIME, the defense can only do so much against a pumped up Bengals team.
That being said I still think that was a chap shot on the Bengals DL by one of the OL.
Next week has some pretty intresting matchups.......
See what Philly does against a solid defense in Baltimore, too bad the game's in Philly.
Indy @ KC will show if the Cheifs are real or just inconsistant.
NE @ Pitsburgh, some beleive this could be a though one for NE, I personally don't.

Sylvanfan
10-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Oct 27 2004, 04:04 AM
I don't think there are any great teams in the league not named the Patriots. After them, there are a bunch of good teams. There is only one elite team in the league right now.....and they will still be the only elite team in the league even after they lose in Pittsburgh this weekend.

Well I would consider the Eagles to be an elite team too. The Patriots so far have had two games against tough opponents (Colts & Jets) and both of those were at home. The Patriots don't really blow teams out of the water, they just win every week. The Eagles have won every game so far too, and the fact that they don't kill everyone every week shouldn't count against them. I'll admit that the Eagles have only played one good team (Vikings) thus far but they've also beat teams like the Lions and Giants who have reasonable records against other teams. From what I've seen from every other team so far this year I would have to consider the Eagles to be a elite team in this league. They may not have been an elite team against the league in past seasons, but this year they look to be that way.