PDA

View Full Version : Jake Plummer makes retirement official

Displaced Flames fan
03-09-2007, 10:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793551

I have to respect a guy that goes out like this. He could've played, and probably started, in a number of places.

Crucified by the media, Jake Plummer was a much better QB than he will ever get credit for IMO. What he accomplished before he came to Denver was unbelievable really considering he had a high school team around him most of the time.

Good luck Jake!

J pold
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Ha Ha stupid Plummer!

CaramonLS
03-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I actually hated Jake Plummer with a passion.

Plenty of other backup QBs in the NFL who deserved to start over this fraud.

moon
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I actually hated Jake Plummer with a passion.

Plenty of other backup QBs in the NFL who deserved to start over this fraud.

Really?

Plummer deserved/s to start over many current starters in the league. Including the guy that replaced him in Denver.

Plummer got a bad rap for consistently winning games.

As a fan of a team (Detroit) that hasn't had a mediocore QB let alone a good one since I have been a fan, I would love for Plummer to come and QB our team.

CaramonLS
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Really?

Plummer deserved/s to start over many current starters in the league. Including the guy that replaced him in Denver.

Plummer got a bad rap for consistently winning games.

As a fan of a team (Detroit) that hasn't had a mediocore QB let alone a good one since I have been a fan, I would love for Plummer to come and QB our team.

Kitna > Plummer IMO.

And Jake got a bad rap for being an extremely limited QB. He was a game manager in Denver because that is all he could be.

Displaced Flames fan
03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Kitna > Plummer IMO.

And Jake got a bad rap for being an extremely limited QB. He was a game manager in Denver because that is all he could be.

He was NOT a game manager in Denver....I saw every game he played. That was NOT his role. They built their offense around him for Christ sake.

moon
03-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Kitna > Plummer IMO.

Kitna only looks decent because of Martz sysmte he had some awful INTs where the ball wasn't within 10 feet of a Lions WR.

Plummer would be a much better QB than Kitna.

Plummer may not be great but he certainly is better than a lot of people give him credit for. He could help a lot of teams.

CaramonLS
03-10-2007, 06:50 PM
He was NOT a game manager in Denver....I saw every game he played. That was NOT his role. They built their offense around him for Christ sake.

You're right, I forgot about the high flying offense Denver has had the last 2 years with "Air Jake".

:rolleyes:

CaramonLS
03-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Kitna only looks decent because of Martz sysmte he had some awful INTs where the ball wasn't within 10 feet of a Lions WR.

Plummer would be a much better QB than Kitna.

Plummer may not be great but he certainly is better than a lot of people give him credit for. He could help a lot of teams.

I wouldn't even want to think about Plummer trying to suceed under Martz. Oh boy, that would get ugly.

The guy pretty much needs to come out of a bootleg in order to throw the ball with any sort of distance (exaggeration).

Displaced Flames fan
03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
You're right, I forgot about the high flying offense Denver has had the last 2 years with "Air Jake".

:rolleyes:

You are something else, aren't you.

Didn't work great in '06 admitedly. '05 they were 13-3 and Jake had a career year....but that wasn't my point. I said they built the offense around him. Everything they did for the last two seasons was based around his mobiltiy and specifically his ability to throw outside the pocket. Damon Huard was a game manager this season. Jake Plummer has NEVER been one.

Anymore sarcastic one liners with the roll your eyes smiley that only really say that you don't have a clue what you are talking about?

CaramonLS
03-10-2007, 09:08 PM
You are something else, aren't you.

Didn't work great in '06 admitedly. '05 they were 13-3 and Jake had a career year....but that wasn't my point. I said they built the offense around him. Everything they did for the last two seasons was based around his mobiltiy and specifically his ability to throw outside the pocket. Damon Huard was a game manager this season. Jake Plummer has NEVER been one.

Anymore sarcastic one liners with the roll your eyes smiley that only really say that you don't have a clue what you are talking about?

Alright Dis, lets play ball then.

Watching the Bronco's offense was about as much fun as watching paint dry. That is why your head coach was calling so many "safe" plays, your coach had zero confidence in Jake's ability to make "the big play" so he was reduced to becoming a human clock ticker, where as long as he didn't turn the ball over, he wasn't a complete liability to the team.

If you scored, it was a nice bonus.

Displaced Flames fan
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Alright Dis, lets play ball then.

Watching the Bronco's offense was about as much fun as watching paint dry. That is why your head coach was calling so many "safe" plays, your coach had zero confidence in Jake's ability to make "the big play" so he was reduced to becoming a human clock ticker, where as long as he didn't turn the ball over, he wasn't a complete liability to the team.

If you scored, it was a nice bonus.

:confused:

54 starts in Denver. He was 39-15.

He threw 71 TDs in those 54 games.

Not game manager numbers.

Try again.

Flames in 07
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
One of my favorite plays ever was catching a pass to score a TD for ASU during a come back vs UCLA as a Sr ... was voted NCAA play of the year for that year. The rose bowl loss still stings.

Eddie Bronze
03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I have to respect a guy that goes out like this. He could've played, and probably started, in a number of places.

There are a few quarterbacks around the league who could learn a lesson or two from that. Bledsoe being the most obvious.

Bobblehead
03-12-2007, 08:41 AM
There are a few quarterbacks around the league who could learn a lesson or two from that. Bledsoe being the most obvious.

I've got no problem with a guy who still loves to play and has the passion to try (beats the hell out of the ones doing it for the money), but I think guys like Bledsoe need to be realistic and know they aren't going to be the #1 guy anymore. Find a team you enjoy, a team witha style that you can compliment, and be a team guy.

CaramonLS
03-12-2007, 05:37 PM
:confused:

54 starts in Denver. He was 39-15.

He threw 71 TDs in those 54 games.

Not game manager numbers.

Try again.

Average of just under 21 TDs per 16 game season. Want to know what other team had 21 Passing TDs this season?

The Baltimore Ravens. Can you tell me that those 2 QBs were anything other than game managers?

When you play on a team with a very good defense like the Ravens/Broncos have, you are going to get many more quality chances to score TDs because of things like field position. Broncos also have a solid WR core too. The numbers you posted for Plummer are the minimum expectation for a guy in his position, not the exception.

Displaced Flames fan
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Average of just under 21 TDs per 16 game season. Want to know what other team had 21 Passing TDs this season?

The Baltimore Ravens. Can you tell me that those 2 QBs were anything other than game managers?

When you play on a team with a very good defense like the Ravens/Broncos have, you are going to get many more quality chances to score TDs because of things like field position. Broncos also have a solid WR core too. The numbers you posted for Plummer are the minimum expectation for a guy in his position, not the exception.

Hey, I didn't say he excelled. I also didn't say that he should still be the starter, I agreed with the change to Cutler..and the timing.

You started your contribution in the thread by stating how much you HATE Jake Plummer. Obviously your opinion isn't very objective. All I've said is that the media sold him short, especially after he went to Denver....and that he was more than a game manager there. I'll stand by those statements.

mykalberta
03-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Kitna > Plummer IMO.

HAHAHAHHAHA

And let me guess, McNabb, Vick, Bledsoe, TestaVerde, Simms, are all better Quaterbacks?

HAHAHAHAHAH

The new guy in Denver will NEVER get them to AFC Championship game period.

When a D cant stop San Diego after being up by 28 going into the second half, that isnt Jakes fault and if you think it is, well I suggest you watch more football.

MYK

mykalberta
03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
BTW

Very classy move by Plummer.

Might as well get out before all the BS talking heads cut your nuts off again. Also sticking it to Denver by screwing them out of a pick, sweet.

I have officially taken a 365 day leave of abscense for cheering for my favorite team for the way they sandbagged him this year. Shanahan might be a genius, but he is the Lindy Ruff of the NFL, a pure jacktard.

MYK

rubecube
03-14-2007, 11:01 AM
HAHAHAHHAHA

And let me guess, McNabb, Vick, Bledsoe, TestaVerde, Simms, are all better Quaterbacks?

HAHAHAHAHAH

When a D cant stop San Diego after being up by 28 going into the second half, that isnt Jakes fault and if you think it is, well I suggest you watch more football.

MYK

I don't know what your hate on for McNabb is all about but I will say with 100% confidence that there is not one GM in the NFL that wouldn't take a McNabb for Plummer deal in a heartbeat and walk away laughing his ass off.

Displaced Flames fan
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
HAHAHAHHAHA

MYK

I'm a fan of Jake Plummer. But you are insane if you can't see that Jay Cutler is a far superior QB...or will be very soon. His arm strength is as good as it gets in the NFL. He can make every throw and he can move too. He's big and strong and he's a winner. Not only will they make the AFC championship with him, they will win Super Bowl(s).

As for Jake sticking it to the Broncos by screwing them out of a pick, you do realize that his salary is off the books now don't you? That is way more valuable than a 7th round pick.

Late last season it was clear that Plummer didn't have the confidence he had in the past. Maybe it was because Cutler was there waiting and the Denver media (brutal!) were on him and it got to him. I don't know for sure but I do know that the change made was the right move at the right time.