PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Carpentier...

jam26
10-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Had a big wreck in Australia tonight, hope he's alright. Big fan of Players-Forsythe and this time of year always brings back bad memories of Greggie's death.
Tonight was eerily reminiscent.
Looking forward to some good news. :(

JiriHrdina
10-24-2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah. Looked pretty bad. Here's some information on it:

Patrick Carpentier of Joliette, Que., was injured when his car crashed heavily into a tire barrier on the 53rd lap following a collision with the wall when his nose cone came off.

Carpentier, who apparently had movement in his arms, was taken from the track by ambulance and his condition not immediately known.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=102589

jam26
10-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Movement is good...what worried me was the lack of coverage.
It's been nearly five years since Greg's horrific crash and the circumstances were pretty similar - his last race at Players and now Patrick's second last race with the team.
Hope he's alright...the cars in F1 and Champ Cars are about as safe as they can be and I have a lot of faith in the Champ Car safety team.

jam26
10-24-2004, 03:02 AM
The Champ Car community is very close and Paul Tracy's engineer Neil Micklewright keeps us up to date on www.crapwagon.com...Here are his comments, just posted on that site...very good news.

Guys,

Pat will be kept in the local hospital overnight for observation. He was unconcious briefly and banged his left leg. I am still waiting to find out if anything is broken, but it does not appear so.
The decision to let Pat continue with the damaged wing was a calculated risk. Given the situation with the points chase, Pat was unwilling to come in and spend the time fixing it. Additionally, there was every possibility that the wing would hold until the end. Obviously it didn't.

Neil M.

I-Hate-Hulse
10-24-2004, 08:03 PM
TSN doesn't seem that worried about Patreek... must be OK...

Regretably, the schism in open wheel has turned off this formerly ardent fan.. Not even sure I'd see one in Edmonton if they do get one.

Resolute 14
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Greg Moore's death pretty much ended it for me as far as auto racing goes.