PDA

View Full Version : Woman killed during BoSox celebrations

Resolute 14
10-21-2004, 05:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2004...tory?id=1906735 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1906735)

Things like this just continue to amaze me, especially compared to our celebrations during the Flames run. I doubt I could high-five any cops in Boston...

kipperfan
10-21-2004, 08:59 PM
If they win the series, they WILL burn that city down.

They(boston pd) should call some of those euro cops and ask what THEY do, when the local soccer team wins(or loses) championship and the 100, 000 fans attept to tear the stadium down, then kill the ref, then burn the stadium?????

Make that call, maybe they can bring in some euro cops, you KNOW they can lay the "smack" down.

calf
10-21-2004, 09:06 PM
I think a better police force for them to call is CPS...look to the Red Mile as an example of controlled, yet non-violent celebration.

Or maybe we're just a bunch of nice Canadians and they're a bunch of crazy, wacko Americans...I dunno

ken0042
10-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I watched a bit of the Boston news last night; would have been around the 7th inning. They were going on about how police were ready with riot gear, etc. Now I know that the riot squad was staged a few blocks away during the Red Mile days, but I think the biggest factor was the fact that we had happy, smiling police officers all over the place.

Maybe other police forces across North America should come to Calgary and see a different way of handling things. I know during the playoff run Edmonton and Vancouver police were here to observe; as well as to help out.

kipperfan
10-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ken0042@Oct 22 2004, 03:08 AM
I watched a bit of the Boston news last night; would have been around the 7th inning. They were going on about how police were ready with riot gear, etc. Now I know that the riot squad was staged a few blocks away during the Red Mile days, but I think the biggest factor was the fact that we had happy, smiling police officers all over the place.

Maybe other police forces across North America should come to Calgary and see a different way of handling things. I know during the playoff run Edmonton and Vancouver police were here to observe; as well as to help out.
Do you REALLY think if we had 100,000 crazed euro soccer fans being let out of a giant soccer dome, seeing their team win/lose that night, that the FRIGGEN cps could do a dam thing???? NO

We are Canadain hockey fans, we like to drink and be merry, where as soccer fans, and many american fans(lakers championships) like to riot. It has nothing to do with smiling police, I bet the police in Boston will be smiling after the B-sox win the series, but 10 minutes later when downtown boston is burning, the grins may have disapeared.