PDA

View Full Version : Pippin Making A Comeback

bluejays
02-17-2007, 11:54 AM
What does everyone think? Anyone want to take a bet on which team will pick him up?

-My thoughts? Comeback at 42 after not playing for so long...ridiculous. Team that will take him? Miami.

kipperfan
02-17-2007, 12:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2767861

Here is an ESPN article on Pippen.

Dwayne Wade's quote is funny:

I'm already playing with [Gary] Payton and Shaq, two guys I used to play with on video games," Wade said. "To add Scottie Pippen to the mix, that would be crazy.

Bulls dont seem to interested, quote from GM John Paxson:

I think he should be getting into coaching.

Sounds to me like a horrid idea....he didnt look great in 03/04 and now he is another 3 years older...I would be surprised to see him actually get back on a NBA roster.

mrdeeds
02-18-2007, 07:27 AM
He's mostly be around for publicity and as a player coach I'd imagine. I think he is one of those guys that just can't let go of being player. Here's hoping he can find something else that he can contribute more to,

killer_carlson
02-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, even at this age and if he were 50 pounds overweight he would be a significant upgrade on Parker for the Raptors.

You wouldn't want to mess with the Raptor's chemistry though. Look for Parker to be replaced in the offseason.

bluejays
02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, even at this age and if he were 50 pounds overweight he would be a significant upgrade on Parker for the Raptors.

You wouldn't want to mess with the Raptor's chemistry though. Look for Parker to be replaced in the offseason.

I disagree, and to be honest, this is the first complaint I've heard of Parker. He's one of the few guys who are solid on both ends of the court and they need him badly for his defence. He's a hard worker too. If anything, MoPete is the weakest link (and in a way, Garbajosa's shooting recently has been pretty lacklustre), but Parker has been a pleasent surprise.

moon
02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
I disagree, and to be honest, this is the first complaint I've heard of Parker. He's one of the few guys who are solid on both ends of the court and they need him badly for his defence. He's a hard worker too. If anything, MoPete is the weakest link (and in a way, Garbajosa's shooting recently has been pretty lacklustre), but Parker has been a pleasent surprise.

The only "problem" that I see with Parker is that he is very average. He doesn't do anything great and isn't a guy that makes other teams adjust.

Not sure if it is a bad thing because I am sure that his consistent play has been good for this young team but he certainly is a guy that could easily be replaced by a better player.

StrayBullet
02-20-2007, 01:45 AM
If he gets the 10-day contract he's looking for, he's going to the Lakers.

Kool Keef
02-20-2007, 06:38 AM
As someone who saw him play his final season in Chicago, I can certainly say the man is done. His body is broken down and 41 year olds just can't play in a young man's game. This could very well end up being the dumbest thing he's ever done and that's saying a lot for Pippen.

Prototype
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure it's been said that Pippin' Ain't Easy... stay down old man... stay down!

StrayBullet
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
He's not looking to play the type of minutes we are used to seeing Scottie play. He wants a 10-day contract to see how he could fair. He also said that being in a player-coach situation would be ideal for him. I personally don't think he would be able to play at the capacity we're all used to seeing; A dominating, defensive stalwart with superior scoring capabilities. However, I do believe he would be able to push a team on the brink to winning a title. He knows what it takes to win and he is one of the smartest players EVER. A lot of teams could use that.

mykalberta
02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
What does everyone think? Anyone want to take a bet on which team will pick him up?

-My thoughts? Comeback at 42 after not playing for so long...ridiculous. Team that will take him? Miami.

Pippen, a comback.

Monies must be running out, too many eligit kids running around Scottie :whistle:

MYK