PDA

View Full Version : World series tickets

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
10-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Out of curiousity, I checked to see what World Series tickets are selling for on the internet today for games at Fenway Park.

I checked out openseats.com. I knew the prices would be greatly inflated, but didn't expect this. Prices started at more than $1300 per seat for the right field bleachers. Or if you have a little more disposable income, you could shell out more than $10,000 for box seats near the Red Sox on-deck circle.

This prices will update as the day goes on. I guess I'll be watching on TV. :blink:

Openseats website (http://www.openseats.com/tickets.aspx?h=ptixpt&game=Red+Sox+Playoff+Tickets&plugin_param=Red+Sox&next_plugin=Event&e=107)

Sylvanfan
10-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Yikes,

I'm guessing season ticket holders who had playoff tickets aren't paying anywhere near that kind of dough to get tickets. At least I hope not.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
10-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Sylvanfan@Oct 21 2004, 09:38 AM
Yikes,

I'm guessing season ticket holders who had playoff tickets aren't paying anywhere near that kind of dough to get tickets. At least I hope not.
I'm not sure what season ticket holders would pay. But these tickets obviously have a very hefty mark-up.

I expect scalpers will be able to command stratospheric prices for these tickets. There are a lot of Red Sox fans who would pay dearly to see their team in the World Series.

Like the Mastercard commercial says: Priceless.

Resolute 14
10-21-2004, 09:48 AM
MLB actually sets the prices for world series tickets. Box Seats are $180 US, all the way down to $50 for standing room. These scalpers are going to make a killing that puts our scalpers to shame.