PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy a winter jacket?

Ironhorse
02-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Yes, I know, I know, winter started a few months ago. ;)

However, my winter coat has given up the ghost (zipper is thoroughly destroyed), and it gets a little cold not being able to close things up. The coat is not worth fixing, so I need a new one.

But where to buy something decent? I liked Winterco in the past (current broken coat is from there), but they seem to have gone out of business.

Any shopping-savy CPers out there that could give me a few places to check out?

Dion
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Winners is clearing out it's winter stock.

Lots of good stuff on sale - infact if you browse the winter jacket section you might find what you need, and at half the price too..

iamca
02-11-2007, 08:18 PM
If you are looking to stay warm and be mobile, I would suggest going to Mountain Equipment Co-Op (www.mec.ca (http://www.mec.ca)) or better yet visit the store downtown near the Husky Oil Tower: 830 – 10th Avenue S.W. (between 8th St and 7th St)

Awesome stuff and a lot of gear there is actually made in Canada (look for the mapleleaf).

Cheers!

MRCboicgy
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
As much as I think it's an ugly jacket, and looks are important to me...I LOVE my Mark's Workwearhouse 3 in 1 winter coat, it's kept me toasty this winter.

I was so scared the first time I went into a Mark's, now I know where my one lesbian friend shops...so much plaid and flannel

ricoFlame
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Dude, you should just make due until the end of winter. Then you can get a really nice jacket at a big discount.

Winsor_Pilates
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Depends what you want IMO. If you want a fairly cheap yet decent coat, Winners. If you want a ski jacket Sport Check or a board shop and if you want an overpriced, trendy, outdoorsy jacket that you can wear in -50 weather MEC.

CrusaderPi
02-11-2007, 09:44 PM
You could just take the jacket into a tailor shop and get then to replace the zipper. Usually costs around twenty bucks.

GreenTeaFrapp
02-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Try steepandcheap.com. They'll have a mens jacket on eventually and for a huge (40-70%) discount.

Failing that you could go over to their parent site and try backcountryoutlet.com. Another site to try is sierratradingpost.com.

Daradon
02-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Depends what you want IMO. If you want a fairly cheap yet decent coat, Winners. If you want a ski jacket Sport Check or a board shop and if you want an overpriced, trendy, outdoorsy jacket that you can wear in -50 weather MEC.

I got an overpriced trendy FoxRacing jacket at Winners for my birthday. I don't tend to buy myself such things, but I know the person who picked it up for me paid $160 for a jacket that retails around 500-600 bucks!

Superflyer
02-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Check out the Sears Outlet Store in Deerfoot mall. I got a Roots jacket there last year about this time for $20. Really nice 3 in 1 jacket.