PDA

View Full Version : What did they do to Schilling's ankle??

nfotiu
10-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I have seen lots of mention that they sutured up his tendons. How do you do such a thing? Is this safe? Is it like a surgery that is not a surgery or what?

Resolute 14
10-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Basically, I think it was an extreme form of a cortizone shot. Some medication shot straight into the membrane that protects the tendon.

nfotiu
10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Oct 20 2004, 08:55 PM
Basically, I think it was an extreme form of a cortizone shot. Some medication shot straight into the membrane that protects the tendon.
It sounds like they somehow actually stitched up the tendons somehow.

nfotiu
10-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by nfotiu+Oct 20 2004, 08:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nfotiu @ Oct 20 2004, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Snakeeye@Oct 20 2004, 08:55 PM
It sounds like they somehow actually stitched up the tendons somehow. [/b][/quote]
I see quotes like this:

Still, pitching with sutures in his ankle and blood seeping through his sock, Schilling
Q: I haven't seen any details on the "surgery" on Schilling, but it sounds painful. Any idea how his ankle is feeling today?
Gordon_Edes: Well, when I came down for the breakfast Shonda made me, Curt said he was feeling great! No, seriously, SFINY, haven't heard a thing yet. I gotta think he's pretty sore, The surgery itself wasn't a real painful thing,but pitc hing after having some fresh sutures put in couldn;t have been fun
And hell, if those Boston doctors can somehow suture Curt Schilling's tendons together so he can pitch -- can't wait to see that procedure written up in the New England Journal of Medicine