PDA

View Full Version : Another PVR thread

ratech
02-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Is it possible to hook up a HDTV, PVR and a VCR? I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, but no go. Is it because the HD signal won't go through the VCR or it's associated basic cables (red, white, yellow)?
Thanks CP

SpitFire40
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Is it possible to hook up a HDTV, PVR and a VCR? I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, but no go. Is it because the HD signal won't go through the VCR or it's associated basic cables (red, white, yellow)?
Thanks CP

Bingo...

You can get TV through the VCR even HDTV I think but it'll look like absolute crap.

Why would you even need something like this? Just curious

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I just want everyhing to work like it used to. I want to be able to watch my home vids on vhs and be able to tape games for buddies that can't see it without them coming over to watch pvr style.

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:20 PM
EDIT-
How the **** do the **** connections work. I have the cable going into the pvr, hd cables going from the pvr to the tv, and video and audio going from the pvr to the vcr.

I'm going mad. I have been trying to figure this out for two weeks.

SpitFire40
02-10-2007, 03:24 PM
EDIT-
How the **** do the **** connections work. I have the cable going into the pvr, hd cables going from the pvr to the tv, and video and audio going from the pvr to the vcr.

Call up your service provider... they should be able to help you out, maybe even send someone to install it for you.

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
CP is the best avenue for info and the wait time is generally minimal.

I have tried all the online stuff and I don't want to call because I work there and I should probably know how to do this. (Not on the cable side)

Alas, I will call, wait for 3 hours and get nothing acomplished.

C'mon CP, help a brother out.

Vulcan
02-10-2007, 03:35 PM
EDIT-

You didn't mention that you have V and A going from your VCR to your TV.
I'd also check your VCR input settings. Is it set for Video 1 or 2 or channel 3?

underGRADFlame
02-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Are you using Shaw or Bell?

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes, I have those as well, but as you said, it must have to do with some input type thing. Back to the drawing board. Thanks guys.

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Shaw - Motorola PVR 6416

underGRADFlame
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
If you give me a list of your componets I can tell you how to do it.

underGRADFlame
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I believe shaw disables the SD outputs when a HD output is inplace. Are you wanting to recording digital cable or HD programing? Becuse if you just want to record regualr cable just put a splitter before your pvr and send the second signal to the vcr.

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
If you give me a list of your componets I can tell you how to do it.

TV- Sony Trinitron KV-27FV17
VCR - Sony - SLV-N50
PVR - Motorola 6416

ratech
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I believe shaw disables the SD outputs when a HD output is inplace. Are you wanting to recording digital cable or HD programing? Becuse if you just want to record regualr cable just put a splitter before your pvr and send the second signal to the vcr.

I just want to record digital. HD would be nice, but i will start with that.

ratech
02-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Going to get a splitter. Thanks for your help!