PDA

View Full Version : NHL trivia

brownie
02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
A little trivia question for ya.....Name 3 brothers that played for the Oilers in the late 80's and early 90's.HINT:They all played the same postion

brownie
02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
No one wants to take a shot at this??

Buff
02-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I looked at it, but didn't find an obvious answer.

Smith, Smith and Smith? Although I always thought that S.Smith and G.Smith were not related.

ParaNoia
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
the Hunters?

that's tough....i dunno...

brownie
02-12-2007, 11:28 AM
the Hunters?

that's tough....i dunno...Nope not the hunters

Mean Mr. Mustard
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
A little trivia question for ya.....Name 3 brothers that played for the Oilers in the late 80's and early 90's.HINT:They all played the same postion

Are you sure this is correct, I am just looking over a hockey book and three sets of brothers on the same team is something that I have only heard about in the Stastny...

Well unless you are talking about brothers in the black sense...

Then you have Grant Fuhr, Freddie Brathwaite and Pokey Reddick... but that would be stupid just to have a play on the word brother....

Dion
02-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Steve Smith
Geoff Smith
???

transplant99
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Dopey, Whiney and Ugly?

Ford Prefect
02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Are you sure this is correct, I am just looking over a hockey book and three sets of brothers on the same team is something that I have only heard about in the Stastny...

Then you have Grant Fuhr, Freddie Brathwaite and Pokey Reddick... but that would be stupid just to have a play on the word brother....

There was also the three Plagers who played defense for the Blues in the late 60s or early 70s, all at the same time.

Brownie's clue doesn't say they all played for the Oil at the same time though ... there might have been only one or two on the team at the same tme.

The only two candidates I could come up with were the three Smiths ... but I really don't think Jason is a brother to Steve or Geoff ... and there have been three Browns that played for the Oil ... Dave, Kevin and Sean. But Sean didn't play for the Oil until the mid 90s, and he was a defenseman whereas Kevin and Dave Brown were forwards, so they don't fit the description either.

I'm thinking it's a trick question.

brownie
02-13-2007, 08:53 AM

You are the man!!I thought no one would get it, good work.And yeah its a kinda stupid trick question,but its a funny one.

VANFLAMESFAN
02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
There was also the three Plagers who played defense for the Blues in the late 60s or early 70s, all at the same time.

Brownie's clue doesn't say they all played for the Oil at the same time though ... there might have been only one or two on the team at the same tme.

The only two candidates I could come up with were the three Smiths ... but I really don't think Jason is a brother to Steve or Geoff ... and there have been three Browns that played for the Oil ... Dave, Kevin and Sean. But Sean didn't play for the Oil until the mid 90s, and he was a defenseman whereas Kevin and Dave Brown were forwards, so they don't fit the description either.

I'm thinking it's a trick question.

Did someone use hockeydb.com???

Ford Prefect
02-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Did someone use hockeydb.com???

... umm, yes. I certainly don' know Oilers trivia off the top of my head that well.:)