PDA

View Full Version : "Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon" is dead

TheyCallMeBruce
02-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Ian Richardson gave up the ghost.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/09/obit.richardson.ap/index.html

"Ian Richardson, who brought Shakespearean depth to his portrayal of a thoroughly immoral politician in the hugely popular satirical TV drama "House of Cards," died Friday at age 72, his agent said.
In addition to his many stage, screen and TV roles, Richardson also appeared in one of the mustard commercials as the man in the Rolls-Royce who asked, "Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?"

When I first heard the commercial, I thought he said "Gay Poupon." Which confused me greatly.

rubecube
02-09-2007, 01:24 PM
He may be dead but the joke lives on in the hearts of stoned teenagers who ask you to roll down your window at red lights!

brownie
02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Thats 2 very big losses to the Entertainment community.Anna Nicole and now this guy...my god.

TheyCallMeBruce
02-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Thats 2 very big losses to the Entertainment community.Anna Nicole and now this guy...my god.

You're right! With minimal to zero effort, and it light of recent events, I quickly deduced that Satan has returned in the form of Karla Homolka's child.

Looger
02-09-2007, 03:14 PM
He may be dead but the joke lives on in the hearts of stoned teenagers who ask you to roll down your window at red lights!
ha - that joke will NEVER get old.

rubecube
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM
ha - that joke will NEVER get old.

I love how some people get really ****ed off about it. I asked one guy and he said "Does it look like I have any ****ing grey poupon?!"

Phaneuf3
02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
i haven't done this in a couple years... next weekend i'll be back doing it in memory of a legend.