PDA

View Full Version : Piercings Vs. Tatties

YziesGirl
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
So, because I have FAR too much time on my hands, I'd like you all to help me solve the burning debate:

What do you all think is sexier - piercings or tattoos? (or neither) and why?

This question stems from some posts I saw in response to a thread that Wookie started.

Also, is it necessary for said same piercings/tatties to be discussed before said same piercings/tatties are "unveiled"?

Your help/comments appreciated!

Looger
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
neither - talk aboot overdone.

oh wow - youhave a butterfly on your ankle? how unique...

TurnedTheCorner
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Titties for the win!

Whoops, misread the title.

Piercings don't do much for me, but a lower back tatoo? :)

Looger
02-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Piercings don't do much for me, but a lower back tatoo? :)
yep, never seen one of THOSE!!!

return to the red
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
not a big fan of women with tatoos, especially the "tramp stamps" on the lower back. I do however like belly button rings but they are so common now that I don't even notice so much anymore, maybe that's why I don't mind them.

eazyduzzit
I'm not a fan of tatoos.

Piercings in some places look nice, especially a little diamond studd on the nose, anything too big is overkill.

alltherage
For me, i like my women to be free from tatoos... pure, the way God intended it.

Piercings are okay, but only certain ones: Bellybutton, ears, nose (non-septum.) i hate eyebrow peircings on girls... and i've only ever seen 1 or 2 hot liprings.

It depends on the girl too. ;)

TurnedTheCorner
02-08-2007, 12:53 PM
yep, never seen one of THOSE!!!
Not saying it was unique, saying I liked them. It's not for everyone - thought that was pretty obvious by the thread title and my comment, but whatever floats (or does not float) your boat is no skin off my nose. :)

habernac
02-08-2007, 12:53 PM
piercings other than ears are just not attractive. Tatoos I don't mind so much.

Caged Great
02-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm not a fan of either, but if they have a tat, I don't really care too much, but I hate piercings except on ears.... and one other place but I'm not going there...

FireFly
02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm a girl, so I think I'm a bit biased, but I have both and I've never heard complaints about either... As long as they're tasteful and small, it's all good.

But there was Kat's friend Pixie on Miami Ink... she was cute as a button and covered in both. The only gross things were an implant and a split tongue. *blech*

Dion
02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not a fan of tatoo's or piercings. Does not look good on a person IMO.

Looger
02-08-2007, 01:02 PM
i hear ontario's got a strip club that only has girls sans hardware and inkal augmentation.

if i went to strip clubs (i'm not married...) and i lived there, that's where i'd be.

HelloHockeyFans
02-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Ah, not sure which is hotter, as both are in my opinion if done the right way! I love girls with belly button rings with the chain and I also find tattoos awesome!

moon
02-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't like a lot of either but if placed properly and done right both can look very hot in my view.

Frank the Tank
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I always like tatoo's as long as they have some meaning and aren't a dolphin because "dolphins are cute!"

CaramonLS
02-08-2007, 01:22 PM
I like them both.

RougeUnderoos
02-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Depends on the dame. That Kat on Miami Ink can pull off tattoos on her face while a lot of women look silly with a unicorn on their ankle. Like they are trying too hard to be rebels.

arsenal
02-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I am a fan of both tats and peircings. I love tatties on a girl. Back, Arm, Sleeve all good in my books.
As far as peircings go, not a fan of facial peircings, but any that can or are hidden by clothes are great.

Phaneuf3
02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
love tattoos on a girl as long as they're a reasonable size and tasteful.
piercings? the more metal you can jam in your face, the better. and non-facial piercings..... mother of god - nothing better.

Tyler
02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I like the navel piercing, but that's about it.

Oh... and *ahem* tongue piercing are a-ok in my books too.

housejunk
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Doesn't matter either way. If girl's hot, she's hot. That being said, there's nothing less appealing than (let's be diplomatic) a "2" that's slathered in piercings, tatties, and a von-Dutch hat.

Maritime Q-Scout
02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm not a fan of tatoos, the "tramp stamp" as outlined above, or as I call them the "whore tatoo", or as referenced in the movie Wedding Crashers "bulls-eye" so unoriginal - I'm not a fan of the ink in general.

piercings, eyes, and bellybutton are ok, aside from that don't need more holes in your body.

OILFAN #81
02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I like the navel piercing on a girl and for tatties I like the lower back tatoo. I don't like either on the face for girls (other then ear piercings of course).

I personally don't have any tatties and have 1 piercing (nipple)

ricosuave
02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
i have nothing to add to this thread other than the fact that i hope all of humanity stops shortening phrases like tattoos to tatties, and rottweillers to rotties, etc.

it drives me up the wall.

now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

OilersBaby
02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
yeah, my husband has a tattoo on his forearm, and for a while I was contemplating getting a lil tatoo on my lower back, but he didn't like the idea too much...i have a nose piercing (a lil diamond stud) and my ears pierced, and that's all he likes so I guess Im not goin to bother getting anymore piercings either.

I dont like piercings on men, but tattoos are ok as long as there aren't too many and they're not on your face/neck.

Neil, does mom know about your nipple piercing yet?

Looger
02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
i have nothing to add to this thread other than the fact that i hope all of humanity stops shortening phrases like tattoos to tatties, and rottweillers to rotties, etc.

it drives me up the wall.

now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...
but riko, misspelling and shortening words is totally kewl TO THE MAX.

<obligatory maddox the pirate remark, it'll pass>

Finner
02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Piercings are fine providing they aren't overloaded. They have to suit the person.

Tatoo's i've never been a big fan of. The back "tramp stamps" aren't nice in my opinion. Just don't like the idea of being with a girl when we're both 60 and having this wrinkly ass butterfly looming off her shoulder or leg.

The Goon
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't mind either as long as they're interesting and not overdone. I have one tattoo and I have fought the temptation to get more.

troutman
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
It's not rebellious if everyone else has done it.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to "beef with broccoli." The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high. - Bill Maher

Bring_Back_Shantz
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I hate how people rag on chicks with the lower back tatoo because it is unoriginal.

Ahhh, there are only so many places to get tatoos, and on chicks the lower back is one of the few places where you can guarantee it won't get all stretched out.

I have a tatoon on my shoulder and one on my calf and I plan on getting my other calf done up like a sleeve...does that mean I'm unoriginal, cause I'm pretty sure lot's of people have tatoos in those locations?

Flames Fan in West Van
02-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I am a girl, and I have my tongue pierced... yep, no complaints there, only very nice compliments! Seriously, it makes things a lot easier.

I also have my nose pierced with a small stud, most people don't even notice it. And I have something else pierced, but that's another story for another time.

I don't like tatoos, on other people they're fine, but not on me. I like piercings because you can always just take them out, tattoos are pretty permanent. Plus, I have three piercings, and people can't usually notice any of them, so I like that. I know they're there, and depending how well I know you, most people don't. I dig that.

AFireInside
02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I really like both on girls to tell you the truth. I'm 3/4 of the way through a leg sleeve as we speak and slated to start my 1/2 sleeve on my arm in a couple months. My gf is also going in for her 1/2 sleeve in a couple months. The key is that the artwork is well done, which is NOT the case for most people's tattoos. As for piercings some look good on some people some don't on others. I have a lot of piercings most of which came 6-8 years ago between the ages of 17 and 20 (industrial, stretched ears, septum, lip, eyebrow, tongue, couple others) and I'm often told they really suit me, may seem like alot to some people, not so much to others. I like them, and thats all that matters.That said if there are two hot girls standing side by side and one has a nice tattoos I'm picking her everytime. Often women with a lot tattoos that you may see in the media or elsewhere tend to be women who even without their tattoos would still be gross or fit in with the carnival side show. Tastefully done artwork looks good imo.

Look at girls like Amina Munster, or Masuimi Max I find both very hot. To each their own though, with all the tattoos I have planned it would be pretty silly of me to say that I hate them on girls.

Personally I prefer it when girls have nice big pieces of work as apposed to something small on their ankle or something like that. At the end of the day tattoos or no tattoos a hot girl is a hot girl. :)

Flashpoint
02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I like women.

Tats, piercings, neither, both...doesn't matter.

I like women.

:-)

arsenal
02-08-2007, 04:20 PM
I love the Suicide Girls (reference to Amina Munster). When I was in Portland I was in "Hot Girl with Tattoos and Piercings" heaven... and there are some SG's know to perform there. It was the greatest vacation of my life.

skins
02-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I am a girl, and I have my tongue pierced... yep, no complaints there, only very nice compliments! Seriously, it makes things a lot easier.

I cant believe this is the first time this was mentioned in this thread, and by a girl even! Tongue piercings are H-O-T.

"If a girl has a tongue piercing, she will probably suck your ****. If a guy has a tongue piercing, he will probably suck your ****."
- Chris Rock

Looger
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
now now don't get excited - she's from WEST van, not EAST van!!!

MRCboicgy
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
my ex, he had several, including 3, t-h-r-e-e, "down there" didn't make him better at anything...

its a no for me...

RougeUnderoos
02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
But someone with tattoos all over their body ISN'T trying to hard to be a rebel.

Nah, that's not really what I meant. Some girls can have tattoos all over their body and look good, some can have a unicorn on their ankle and look good, some can have a unicorn on their ankle and look like they are trying to be a rebel.

Someone above mentioned a dame named Amina Munster so I looked her up. NSFW if you are going to. Anyway, she is pretty damn sexy with her body covered in tattoos (and artificial leg). It works. A traditionally pretty cheerleader type with a string of barbwire around her bicep or an angel above the crack of her ass would look silly.

I think I'd look like an idiot with a visible tattoo. It just doesn't work for some people. That's what I meant.

Flames_Gimp
02-08-2007, 09:11 PM

I also have my nose pierced with a small stud, most people don't even notice it. And I have something else pierced, but that's another story for another time

:w00t: I gotta meet you

Flames_Gimp
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I love the Suicide Girls (reference to Amina Munster). When I was in Portland I was in "Hot Girl with Tattoos and Piercings" heaven... and there are some SG's know to perform there. It was the greatest vacation of my life.

you didnt go see the Suicide girls in 05 when they were here??

Inferno
02-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Piercings I dont mind(except nipple piercings which I find unattractive) as long as the girl doesnt go overboard. Tattoos it depends how big and where it is. Unless it's somethng like barbed wire I really dont like them on arms and I dont like the ones that some get on the side of their body.

arsenal
02-09-2007, 12:30 AM
you didnt go see the Suicide girls in 05 when they were here??
no, i didn't :( I didn't even know they where here... I feel dirty now..nm.. i always feel that way :bag:

Daradon
02-09-2007, 02:10 AM
I am a fan of both. For piercings I like the tongue, and the navel. Small stud in the nose can be good, eyebrow ok too. Have to say, not a huge fan of the nipple piercings, though I can understand why girls would get them. For me, they just get in the way... lol. Never been with someone who had one 'down there' but I imagine the feelings would be the same of the nipple piercings, although a small loop maybe not that bad?

Tats are great, just don't overdo them. One, two, even three or four ok. But too many more and it's just too much. Plus you know how bad it's going to look when you get all wrinkly?

Staypuft
02-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Call me old fashioned, but I've never really understood tattoo's.
If I found/thought up a design that I just ABSOLUTELY had to keep with me forever...I'd get an artist to draw it and then frame it.
Or turn it into a bumper sticker or something.
Isn't that making the same statement...but without the "on your body forever" part?

Superflyer
02-09-2007, 07:44 AM
It's not rebellious if everyone else has done it.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to "beef with broccoli." The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high. - Bill Maher
http://hanzismatter.com/
This site is awsome it is about people that get chinese tatoos and they mean stuff like "beef with broccoli"

Superflyer
02-09-2007, 07:47 AM
I like both tatoos and piercings on a girl when they are done right. Especially tounge and belly button.
The only piercings I cannot stand are the ones that make a freaking hole big enough to stick my junk in. Not that I would but you know what I am talking about. I look at those and think "When you get older and the bottom of your ear has streched down to your hand you are going to realize how dumb you are."

mykalberta
02-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Neiter, but you wouldnt pose the question if you were looking for that either.

The only acceptable body piercing in any woman I date/would marry is ear/naval - possible nose so long as its a stud and not a hoop. Eyebrow/lip rings and muliple rings in the ear are horrible.

There is no acceptable tatoo on a woman, I do find that a small on (closed fist or smaller) on the small of the back is very very very very sexy. Anything larger than that is a no fly zone.

So to answer the question, tatoos are sexier (in moderation) - piercings arent very sexy.

MYK