PDA

View Full Version : An Excuse Not To Shower...Female Input Please

bluejays
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/502082

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley said women who sniffed a chemical found in male sweat experienced elevated levels of an important hormone, along with higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects.

Now, since we established there are a grand total of 6 women here, what are their feelings of this recent "study"?

Tyler
02-08-2007, 10:50 AM
"A chemical found in male sweat"

Obviously not a deluge of BO :)

Cal-Gal
02-08-2007, 11:06 AM
OK, this is going to sound strange, but I love the smell of a (most) guys sweat, as long as its "fresh sweat". There's a big difference between the way a guy smells right after he's been working out vs. the way a hockey bag smells. So no, you still have to shower.

More interesting stuff on smelly things....

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-1174.html

Hack&Lube
02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Cue the AXE guys trying to synthesize and bottle this compound as another phermone scam.

Nikki
02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
OK, this is going to sound strange, but I love the smell of a (most) guys sweat, as long as its "fresh sweat". There's a big difference between the way a guy smells right after he's been working out vs. the way a hockey bag smells. So no, you still have to shower.

I have to agree with you on this!! :)

mac_gurl
02-08-2007, 11:39 AM
^
I too agree with both of you ladies

GoinAllTheWay
02-08-2007, 11:51 AM
No suprise there, male pheramones (sp?) would be found in sweat and if you can believe it, same thing with female urine. That's why they sometimes warn you when camping out in the woods to be careful with where the ladies pee, specialy if they are close to the "visitor" as it can attract bears.

Daily showering (and I'm all for showering, believe me) robs us of picking up on other peoples "chemical messengers".

GirlySports
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
^
I too agree with both of you ladies

ME TOO!

Jayems
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
ME TOO!

ME 5th!!!

Oh wait....

SICK!

feartheflames
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
me 6th

troutman
02-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Andrew! It's dry and doesn't even smell bad!

alltherage
02-08-2007, 12:46 PM

*mouth continues to move with no words coming out...*

YziesGirl
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/502082

Now, since we established there are a grand total of 6 women here, what are their feelings of this recent "study"?

As the newest female member (bringing the grand total now to 7), my opinion is that there's a big difference between new sweat and BO. I think the smell (and taste - sorry if that grosses you out) of fresh sweat is tres sexy...but BO? No way - no how!!!

hockeygrl44
02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Showers are still a must, sorry guys. I agree with the rest of the girls here that "fresh" sweat is good, BO bad. Some guys just that natural odor or what have you, then is really attractive.

OilersBaby
02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Yup, BO is just nasty, so men...please take a shower! Fresh sweat can be sexy as mentioned by some of the other women in here, but not if it's too smelly (some people smell like sweat more than others). So it just depends I suppose. But BO is definately bad. Ew!

rubecube
02-08-2007, 01:40 PM
So the ladies are saying shower in the morning but not when you leave the gym?

OilersBaby
02-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Oui......especially if you're going to be seeing your woman right after the gym, but if it's going to be a long time after, than shower please:)

notoepik
02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
A fresh shower is good.

Nothing else will do.

notoepik
02-08-2007, 01:56 PM

Unless you are planning on something right there in gym, take a shower or forget the something. AND, you would have had to have the shower just proir to your workout.

I think you are out of luck trying to find a way to avoid the showering to tell ya the truth. Just take the shower.

Flames09
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Thats sick just take a fricken shower. (I'm a girl as well).

alltherage
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
On the note of the Axe body spray, you guys probably know this, but it smells bad. Get real cologne man. From what I've heard theres nothing less impressive than a $7 bottle of axe on a guy (other than BO.)

Tron_fdc
02-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I could never do that (no shower). I shower up to 3 times a day....I hate stink. Especially on me.

Flames09
02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
On the note of the Axe body spray, you guys probably know this, but it smells bad. Get real cologne man. From what I've heard theres nothing less impressive than a $7 bottle of axe on a guy (other than BO.)

Yes I hate that stuff way to cheap out, the best is the cologne "Sexual" and everything by "Hugo".

Tron_fdc
02-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes I hate that stuff way to cheap out, the best is the cologne "Sexual" and everything by "Hugo".

Have you tried Bulgari or Dunhill? Makes me smell classy (even though I'm not)

Winsor_Pilates
02-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Disagree. I think it smells great, and it's a sub for pit stick, not cologne. It should be used with cologne for maximum effect.
The ladies love it when done right.

OilersBaby
02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
You know, it actually smells good when used as a deodorant or whatever to cover up BO. Like Winsor Pilates said, it ought to be used with a cologne and then it smells yummy. Hehe.

Slava
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM

*mouth continues to move with no words coming out...*

I hate(d) that commercial for so many reasons, but none more than the lack of synchronization! (Awesome addition to this thread by the way!):D

troutman
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I hate(d) that commercial for so many reasons, but none more than the lack of synchronization! (Awesome addition to this thread by the way!):D

The nod she gives Andrew at the end makes me roar too.:D

bluejays
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
wow. All the girls came out to play. I guess the advice is 50/50...should I continue to have a shower twice a day, or none at all, that is the question :).

bluejays
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
one thing I really can't believe is that some women actually find that scent nice...I find any smell of sweat (fresh or stale), repulsive. Yak!

TheyCallMeBruce
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
There is one cologne I know of that will catch a woman's attention most of the time. It is quite amazing, and apparently hard to find in Calgary.

Mambo by Liz Claiborne

This is basically the ultimate cologne. It catches a woman's attention, which does it's job, but beyond that it is all up to you. If you're a total moron with women, no cologne will save you.

calf
02-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Disagree. I think it smells great, and it's a sub for pit stick, not cologne. It should be used with cologne for maximum effect.
The ladies love it when done right.
While I agree, for the most part, I found when wearing AXE that after 4 hours or so, I'd get pretty horrible BO stink...BO stink that wouldn't be there even if I didn't use pit stick....not sure why, but it happens.

greyshep
02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
There is one cologne I know of that will catch a woman's attention most of the time. It is quite amazing, and apparently hard to find in Calgary.

Mambo by Liz Claiborne

This is basically the ultimate cologne. It catches a woman's attention, which does it's job, but beyond that it is all up to you. If you're a total moron with women, no cologne will save you.

Hmmm and I thought the one cologne that would catch the ladies attention was Sex Panther by Odeon.

They've done studies you know. 60% of the time, it works everytime.

:)

icecube
02-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I remember when I was younger my cousin gave me a cologne sampler called "morning breeze" for my birthday and i opened it up and nearly puked. It was a stinkbomb...

Ice
02-08-2007, 05:54 PM
one thing I really can't believe is that some women actually find that scent nice...I find any smell of sweat (fresh or stale), repulsive. Yak!

I have to agree with you. I much prefer the smell of a clean man who is NOT wearing cologne.

Winsor_Pilates
02-08-2007, 07:32 PM
While I agree, for the most part, I found when wearing AXE that after 4 hours or so, I'd get pretty horrible BO stink...BO stink that wouldn't be there even if I didn't use pit stick....not sure why, but it happens.
Maybe your body has a strange chemical reaction to axe and releases BO as a response. My sympathys

PYroMaNiaC
02-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I love the smell of men who have fresh sweat. I love the smell of men who have freshly showered. I love the smell of men who wear really good cologne.

I'd say that I just love the smell of men, but not quite. Hate BO. Don't like AXE. Please shower. And please find a scent that works for you. (Even if it means a few trips to the department store to stand at the fragrance counter like a dork.) Thanks.

alltherage
02-08-2007, 08:52 PM
This cologne never would have ever crossed my mind normally, but i tried the daytona 500 stuff, and my GF couldnt keep her hands off me. The stuff smells wicked. She is disappointed if i FORGET to wear it.

alltherage
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I love the smell of men who have fresh sweat. I love the smell of men who have freshly showered. I love the smell of men who wear really good cologne.

I'd say that I just love the smell of men, but not quite. Hate BO. Don't like AXE. Please shower. And please find a scent that works for you. (Even if it means a few trips to the department store to stand at the fragrance counter like a dork.) Thanks.

'zactly.

bluejays
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Maybe your body has a strange chemical reaction to axe and releases BO as a response. My sympathys

...man, that line was great.

Thunderball
02-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Axe/Tag are pretty cheap crap... but its pretty good for a post workout B/O screen if you can't get to a shower right away/ don't have time for a shower.

Personally, I prefer Nautica, Swiss Army, Hugo Boss and Armani.

FireFly
02-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree with my sister. I just love the smell of most men. Generally, your body wash/shampoo, whatever it is that you do is enough to make you smell like a delicious treat. Sweaty man is a good smell. Week old sweaty man (not a week old baby boy, but a man who hasn't washed for a week) is not a good smell. MMmmmm... I'm a scent person. Men smell good. I'm gonna have to go now....

OilersBaby
02-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree with my sister. I just love the smell of most men. Generally, your body wash/shampoo, whatever it is that you do is enough to make you smell like a delicious treat. Sweaty man is a good smell. Week old sweaty man (not a week old baby boy, but a man who hasn't washed for a week) is not a good smell. MMmmmm... I'm a scent person. Men smell good. I'm gonna have to go now....

Who's your sis?

FireFly
02-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Who's your sis?

PYroMaNiaC

Mango
02-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Interesting.

Personally, I don't find this attractive. I find athletes attractive and the presence of sweat doesn't bother me, but the smell does.

I'm all for a dab of cologne, especially D&G. I melt into a puddle...

LGA
02-09-2007, 12:00 AM
As a guy who has played enough hockey...Some of us really, really reak after 2 games of hockey. I remember one of my best buddies was a horrible offender, we'd usually bannish him from the room his gear (and as a result him) smelt so horribly...

Oh, and I've done the week long no shower thing. Does it count if I play hockey like everyday for hours at a time? It's basically continuous fresh sweat! :D

rubecube
02-09-2007, 11:56 AM

Okay, take it easy. :D

kipperfan
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
There is more female posters on CP then I thought!

I thought there was like 3..:confused:

Iowa_Flames_Fan
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
As a guy who has played enough hockey...Some of us really, really reak after 2 games of hockey. I remember one of my best buddies was a horrible offender, we'd usually bannish him from the room his gear (and as a result him) smelt so horribly...

Oh, and I've done the week long no shower thing. Does it count if I play hockey like everyday for hours at a time? It's basically continuous fresh sweat! :D

Hockey is different, because generally your equipment has fungus growing in it, even if you've cleaned it recently (and I know guys who never clean theirs!:bleh:). Plus, for some reason hockey sweat has an acrid, ammonia-like quality. My wife has informed me that workout sweat means go, but hockey-man-smell means stop.

If you're interested in an unusual scent that women really seem to like--Clinique Happy for Men. It's not musky, but I've received several compliments on it--one or two that were a little uncomfortable, given that I'm married....... Most importantly, my wife loves it.

Bill Bumface
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Nothing says "I'm 20 and single" like dousing yourself in Axe body spray.

kipperfan
02-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Hockey is different, because generally your equipment has fungus growing in it, even if you've cleaned it recently (and I know guys who never clean theirs!:bleh:). Plus, for some reason hockey sweat has an acrid, ammonia-like quality. My wife has informed me that workout sweat means go, but hockey-man-smell means stop.

If you're interested in an unusual scent that women really seem to like--Clinique Happy for Men. It's not musky, but I've received several compliments on it--one or two that were a little uncomfortable, given that I'm married....... Most importantly, my wife loves it.

I have never ever cleaned any piece of hockey equipment I have ever owned....I always give it the "air out" but thats about it~!

rubecube
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Nothing says "I'm 20 and single" like dousing yourself in Axe body spray.

What about WOW? I've seen many a man doom himself by admitting to playing that god awful game.

Kybosh
02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I pretty much hate all colognes so I just stick with the old spice deodourant. With that I've never gotten any complaints. . . or many compliments for that matter :confused:. Girls do seem to melt when I'm climbing though.

Bill Bumface
02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
What about WOW? I've seen many a man doom himself by admitting to playing that god awful game.

Hahah, there you go, combine Axe and WOW and you have the most uneligible bachelor of all time.

rubecube
02-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Hahah, there you go, combine Axe and WOW and you have the most uneligible bachelor of all time.

That's going in the sig.

ZDogg
02-09-2007, 04:24 PM
There is more female posters on CP then I thought!
I thought there was like 3..:confused:
No kidding. It suddenly seems like more women on here than men...

That's going in the sig.
Hilarious stuff. That series of posts was golden. I've been laughing for 5min now. As posted in another thread... Just say NO to WOW.

TheyCallMeBruce
02-09-2007, 04:26 PM
No kidding. It suddenly seems like more women on here than men...

Hilarious stuff. That series of posts was golden. I've been laughing for 5min now. As posted in another thread... Just say NO to WOW.

I'm kinda surprised by most of the names I thought were men are now revealed as women.

NSFL
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Yeah, just get rid of all the confusion, shower. I've sat beside enough guys with bad BO to even consider sweat as sexy. (that is some messed up grammar there, but I'm too tired to figure out what's wrong with it) JUST FRIGGIN SHOWER. And NO, spraying on 4 layers of cologne does not count.

krazycanuck
02-10-2007, 01:57 AM
my lady gets a special cologne...its called sex panther...by odeon. It's illegal in 9 countries. yep, it's made with bits of real panther...so you know it's good. They've done studies you know...60% of the time it works everytime.

FireFly
02-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Hmmm and I thought the one cologne that would catch the ladies attention was Sex Panther by Odeon.

my lady gets a special cologne...its called sex panther...by odeon. It's illegal in 9 countries. yep, it's made with bits of real panther...so you know it's good. They've done studies you know...60% of the time it works everytime.

We know already.

rockstar
02-10-2007, 02:30 AM

...That doesn't make any sense.

Eastern Girl
02-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Sweaty man is a good smell. Week old sweaty man (not a week old baby boy, but a man who hasn't washed for a week) is not a good smell. MMmmmm... I'm a scent person.

Agreed. Seeing and smelling a sweaty guy after a workout is just about one of the sexiest things I can think of, just a nice reminder of how rugged and tough and strong you men can be. Very sexy. A nice cologne is also a must, but don't drown yourself in it. That's a turnoff.

Eastern Girl
02-10-2007, 02:42 AM

LOL - That cracks me up everytime I hear it. Classic.

Flames_Gimp
02-10-2007, 04:17 PM
...That doesn't make any sense.

its from Anchor man.

rubecube
02-10-2007, 04:26 PM
its from Anchor man.

And that's the line that follows the first one in the movie.

Flames_Gimp
02-10-2007, 04:28 PM
And that's the line that follows the first one in the movie.

Duh..god..your right..im a tool

rubecube
02-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Duh..god..your right..im a tool

That's quite pungent. Really stings the nostrils.

rockstar
02-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Ahh, FG, you fell into my trap.

Flames09
02-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Have you tried Bulgari or Dunhill? Makes me smell classy (even though I'm not)

Well I'm a girl just in case you didn't know, but I wear D&G, DKNY, Provacative, and sadly Hawaiin Ginger which does wonders for girls and it's a cheap $10 body spray. Most girls smell good with their shampoo and moisturizer. I never knew this but one of the things that attract people to one another is that scent that everyone has fresh out of the shower (your natural scent), and I all along thought it was good looks and sexy hair. :bag:

On a sidenote: This doesn't relate at all but just a small message to people, if you have a ton of pimples, or even like 7, please I beg you can you use Proactiv? IT ACTUALLY WORKS, or go to a dermy and get yourself put on Acutane (I did it). Sorry it just ****es me off when people are walking around with a billion pimples out there when there is a cure (I feel sorry for them and want to tell them but feel rude if I say something).

bluejays
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I use Kenneth Cole daily, Swiss Army for clubbing or bars, and Burburry with the dressier stuff. None do wonders or anything, but that's just what I do.

PYroMaNiaC
02-11-2007, 01:12 PM
On a sidenote: This doesn't relate at all but just a small message to people, if you have a ton of pimples, or even like 7, please I beg you can you use Proactiv? IT ACTUALLY WORKS, or go to a dermy and get yourself put on Acutane (I did it). Sorry it just ****es me off when people are walking around with a billion pimples out there when there is a cure (I feel sorry for them and want to tell them but feel rude if I say something).

Accutane is very hard on your liver. It can't be used over long periods of time. After the initial treatment, pimples can recur. Acne can be caused by a number of factors and every person who suffers from it has usually tried a variety of treatments. ProActiv is one of many treatments but does not work for everyone. It's active ingrediant is Benzoyl Peroxide carried in a huge number of other products, some of which are far less expensive. (Although, it does have a decent success rate and the active ingredient is the one I usually recommend.)

P.S. I'm not a dermatologist, and going to see one is an excellent suggestion.

Flames09
02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Acutane is very hard on your liver. It can't be used over long periods of time. After the initial treatment, pimples can recur. Acne can be caused by a number of factors and every person who suffers from it has usually tried a variety of treatments. ProActiv is one of many treatments but does not work for everyone. It's active ingrediant is Benzoyl Peroxide carried in a huge number of other products, some of which are far less expensive. (Although, it does have a decent success rate and the active ingredient is the one I usually recommend.)

P.S. I'm not a dermatologist, and going to see one is an excellent suggestion.

I know about 25 people who have actually been on Acutane whose pimples have never returned the occcasional 1 or 2 but you're mostly in the clear. I used it for 7 months, had routine blood tests and the only side effect was dry skin. Proactiv isn't for everyone BUT it's mainly for "starter" acne, what I was told by my dermy is that if your acne is very deep then proactiv wont work and Acutane is the best thing out there, and this other one that starts with a T. Anyways sorry back on topic...

PYroMaNiaC
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Accutane is not usually a long term solution. It is usually effective for up to year, sometimes longer but again, that depends on the person receiving the treatment.

I guess what bothered me about your post is that you said people walking around with acne irritate you. I suspect that you are trying to be helpful with your suggestions but it came across as derogatory. People who suffer from acne are bothered by it way more than you are having to look at it. I'm sure they have certainly tried many treatments. Not every treatment is a viable option for everyone, but I'm glad that you've found a solution to yours.

Flames09
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Accutane is not usually a long term solution. It is usually effective for up to year, sometimes longer but again, that depends on the person receiving the treatment.

I guess what bothered me about your post is that you said people walking around with acne irritate you. I suspect that you are trying to be helpful with your suggestions but it came across as derogatory. People who suffer from acne are bothered by it way more than you are having to look at it. I'm sure they have certainly tried many treatments. Not every treatment is a viable option for everyone, but I'm glad that you've found a solution to yours.

No it irritates me that I can't help them, I dont mean it in a rude way sorry if it came across different. I suffered from it for 5 years and I really wish someone would've told me years ago, I was in denial (I knew I had acne but was thinking I'll just outgrow it). I've been off of acutane for 4 years now.