PDA

View Full Version : Company of Heroes

HelloHockeyFans
02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Now, I'm not a gamer at all... only other PC game I've actually gotten into before was Counter Strike and I stopped playing that about 3 years ago.

My buddy was part of the design team at Relic and gave me a copy of CoH and man, it's an awesome game! I know there are a lot of gamers on CP, so I was just wondering if any one else has picked up this game?

I'm getting creamed on 'Normal' difficulty though... once the Germans get their tanks, that's it! :bag:

Inferno
02-07-2007, 11:07 PM
I played the demo and liked it but havent tried the full game yet. I really havent had much time to play any games because I'm helping make one on my spare time.

RoadGame
02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
I have it... took me about a week before I could stop the AI from whipping me on easy. I win about half the games when on normal now, I don't go much above that. There are such detailed strategies published for online play that it sucks the fun out of it in my opinion... I like a good slugfest between people who are about as skilled & defensive as I am. The campaign is fantastic, I really hope they release an expansion.

RG

arsenal
02-08-2007, 12:03 AM
It's a great great game. Much better than normal RTS games out there. But maybe i just think that because I love the WWII era when it comes to games / movies.

KTown
02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I've gotten through the first 4 levels on Expert quite easily.

It's starting to get tougher though.

KTown
02-08-2007, 12:05 AM
It's a great great game. Much better than normal RTS games out there. But maybe i just think that because I love the WWII era when it comes to games / movies.

Me too,

Band of Brothers is my favorite movie of all time or mini series. Whatever you want to call it.

Inferno
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM

Well then you should like the game I'm helping make whenever we do get it done. We're trying to make a strong push this year but independent game development is tough because you dont have everyone in an office working 8+ hours a day on it.

Hemi-Cuda
02-08-2007, 02:45 AM
one of my favorite all time games is Battlefield 1942. if only EA wasn't such a greedy souless corporation :(

if any company made a basically complete ripoff of that game with modern graphics and physics, that would be the greatest game ever made. i don't want fancy helicoptors or abrams tanks. give me a thompson, a sherman, and maybe a mustang for good measure and i'd be happy

mykalberta
02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
That, Rome Total War, GalCiv II Dread Lords and Airline Simulation suck the life out of me.

Its funny, me and my brother were playing CoH and watching BolB on the TV - that was awesome. Agreed - the game is insanely difficult but their are tricks I have found to lure the computer into properly placed ambushes.

My friends complain because I am not into WOW - I tell them I dont have enough time - in truth its because I think that game sucks balls and I refuse pay a monthly fee to play a game (plus I really dont have enough time).

MYK

GoinAllTheWay
02-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Company of Heroes is the finest RTS I have ever had the pleasure of playing. For a game that is so filled with detail, rich sounds and a very destructible enviroment, I still can't believe how smoothly the game plays. AI is pretty good, you can replay the same map 3 times and it will play out differently each time. My only real beef with the game is how the tanks and other vehicles move together. More often than note, they run into each other and take forever to get out of each others way, drives me nuts when your trying to get them in or out of an area in a hurry.

Hemi-Cuba - Have you had a change to try Project Reality Mini Mod? A FANTASTIC mod for BF2, breathed new life into the game for me. New patch coming out soon with some impressive changes but in short, PRMM makes BF2 what it was supposed to be and allows the game to be played in a far better fashion. Team work is a must in this mod.

Skyceman
02-08-2007, 11:13 AM
COH is an awesome game. I had to stop playing it due to limited time as well as my system having issues trying to run it on basic settings - very demanding game performance wise.

I'll probably get back into it when I upgrade later this year.

Kerplunk
02-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I loved the game. Good attention to detail, and I really liked how the capture points play an important role in what strats you use. I might try to get through on the hardest setting, but I'm getting caught up in other games right now (making & playing).

Also looking forward to Supreme Commander. Just got the demo and will install later today.