PDA

View Full Version : Blaskin and Lane?

North East Goon
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Anyone got repairs done here on their vehicles and were you satisfied with their work/cost?

BlackEleven
02-06-2007, 12:32 PM
I haven't had repairs, but I used to take my car there for oil changes when I lived in Calgary. Highly satisfied with the work (very fast and they told me about things I should keep an eye on). I had a bunch of coupons that I bought from a guy going door-to-door that gave me $11 oil changes there, so the price couldn't be beat.

someguy51
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I got new tires there once. I thought they were pretty good.

photon
02-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Agreed on the tires, have got some there a few times and been happy with the service.

Ironhorse
02-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Just don't go to the one in the NE. They didn't know how to put directional tires on in the proper direction, and broke my lug nut lock (granted, this was about 7 years ago).

Kerplunk
02-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I had a power steering line fixed by one of the one in the NE, and brake rotors replaced by one of the south ones. Both done faster than expected, and was able to take my car in a few weeks before other places would let me. Haven't had a problem with the repairs done. I think they are about average cost wise.

icarus
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I have tried 12 of the 31 flavours.

Bobblehead
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I had a power steering line fixed by one of the one in the NE, and brake rotors replaced by one of the south ones. Both done faster than expected, and was able to take my car in a few weeks before other places would let me. Haven't had a problem with the repairs done. I think they are about average cost wise.

I had a power steering hose replaced there in Dec, then had to have the other one replaced last week. Sure wish they would have replaced them both. They seemed to be too busy trying for additional uneeded services.

I won't go back to the one in the Falconridge plaza.
The one on 32nd was good to me (should have went to that one, but the Falconridge one is closer), and a co-worker swears by them.