PDA

View Full Version : Lost- Season 3.5 (Now with spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2

ken0042
02-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Just in case anybody forgot to mark their calendars, Lost starts back up on Wednesday.

For those of you who forget where we left off: (highlight the following text)

Jack was operating on Ben; and was prepared to kill him if Kate and Sawyer were not released.

Barnes
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Just listened to the podcast. We will soon learn about Desmond's special powers, find out what Rousseau is up to, the connection between the others and Dharma, how Locke lost the use of his legs, and more.

This episode is a Juliette back story if I am not mistaken.

metallicat
02-06-2007, 09:24 AM
:wub:Juliette.:wub:

Mr. Ski
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I've read that they're doing away with the mini-season format for next year, and will run the full season without a repeat starting after the superbowl. Probably for the best. Having six episodes and then a looooooong break like this has killed a lot of momentum & buzz. Lets hope it gains that back quickly.

Super-Rye
02-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Absolutely excited. Going to plan my night around watching this tonight. And because of the break I was able to catch up and watch all the episodes that I missed.

Crazy Flamer
02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I've read that they're doing away with the mini-season format for next year, and will run the full season without a repeat starting after the superbowl. Probably for the best. Having six episodes and then a looooooong break like this has killed a lot of momentum & buzz. Lets hope it gains that back quickly.

I don't think that will be too too hard to accomplish. I've forgotten about LOST since I haven't seen a new episode for about 3 months now. However, with all the commercials running for it now, I was reminded of where the show left off slowly, my excitment has come back. Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Mike Oxlong
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I have to say I am pumped about tonight's episode as well.

I guess they are having an hour long episode that basically reviews and reminds us all where we are at to this point. Then following that there will be the new episode.

Looking forward to 2 hours of LOST tonight. I really hope they don't dissapoint.

Wookie
02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Season 3.5? That pathetic 6 shows in 7.5 months counts as half a season? ;)

Bobblehead
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I read a worrying article where the writers of Lost were interviewed and said that people weren't interested in the "mythology" of th eisland, or Dharma corp, etc; but peopel were more interested in who Kate was going to choose, so there was going to be more character development.

In other words, turn it into General Hospital on an Island.

Iowa_Flames_Fan
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I read a worrying article where the writers of Lost were interviewed and said that people weren't interested in the "mythology" of th eisland, or Dharma corp, etc; but peopel were more interested in who Kate was going to choose, so there was going to be more character development.

In other words, turn it into General Hospital on an Island.

Wow--that just about describes the opposite of how I feel. I could care less who Kate chooses. She's annoying, Sawyer's annoying, Jack's annoying. The only think that keeps me watching is the whole mystery/mythology of the island business.

If this turns into a love triangle with Polar Bears, I might stop watching. I don't have much time for "shows" with a hockey game on every other night anyway.

moon
02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow--that just about describes the opposite of how I feel. I could care less who Kate chooses. She's annoying, Sawyer's annoying, Jack's annoying. The only think that keeps me watching is the whole mystery/mythology of the island business.

If this turns into a love triangle with Polar Bears, I might stop watching. I don't have much time for "shows" with a hockey game on every other night anyway.

Exactly. Except I don't think Sawyer is annoying. I continually hoep that Jack will finally die on the island though.

I really hope they don't focus on this aspect of the show but it seems that may be how they are heading already.

fanforever1986
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I cannot wait til 9pm tonight. although this episode will probably never live up to the hype...

Maritime Q-Scout
02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

you poor saps can't see it until a few more hours (finally a perk of the time difference) but it's worth the wait

ken0042
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
you poor saps can't see it until a few more hours (finally a perk of the time difference) but it's worth the wait

Um, you do realize that there's this new thing called cable and satellite- right? :D

Me, I decided to wait until for the Boston feed so I don't have to put up with CTV's crappy feed.

Bobblehead
02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I watched it on ATV.

I really miss the "mystery" that was around in the first couple seasons. They rarely play that up anymore.

ken0042
02-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I really miss the "mystery" that was around in the first couple seasons. They rarely play that up anymore.

Did they show the preview for next week? (I ask because sometimes CTV doesn't.) Looks like next week will have some Desmond stuff, so that should bring us back to the mystery a bit. (Or so I hope as well.)

Barnes
02-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Did they show the preview for next week? (I ask because sometimes CTV doesn't.) Looks like next week will have some Desmond stuff, so that should bring us back to the mystery a bit. (Or so I hope as well.)

Yeah, next week is a Desmond back story. Looks like it will be based on the beach.

SpitFire40
02-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Sawyer is the man... Jack can die.

Fozzie_DeBear
02-08-2007, 09:19 AM
So it is going to take a while to get back into it after the layoff but not a bad episode at all...I agree with the above posters that the love triange angle is getting really stale, maybe Kate will run into the ****ed off smoke monster and they can all move on...

...I was kinda disappointed in the blatant clockwork orange rip off scene, showed a lack of imagination...

...is that slingshot gal the daughter of the wild french woman? If so, then Ben and frenchie must have been an item at one time...I predict Ben dies at the hands of frenchie next season...

ken0042
02-08-2007, 09:31 AM
...I was kinda disappointed in the blatant clockwork orange rip off scene, showed a lack of imagination...

Haven't seen Clockwork Orange, but are you refering to Juliette's ex getting smoked by the bus? The scene just seemed so hopelessly predictable. You see a bunch of buses parked, and you see him not paying attention while on the phone. I could see it coming a mile away.

Iowa_Flames_Fan
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Haven't seen Clockwork Orange, but are you refering to Juliette's ex getting smoked by the bus? The scene just seemed so hopelessly predictable. You see a bunch of buses parked, and you see him not paying attention while on the phone. I could see it coming a mile away.

No, the "Clockwork Orange" rip-off is the scene where "Carl," Alex's boyfriend is being brainwashed with television images and loud music.

Hakan
02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
My partner loves this show but it induces gag reflexes for me.

Possibly the most hamfisted writing on a 'serious' show on TV right now.

Shooting the walkie talkie out of the girl's hand? Larf.

Bobblehead
02-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Shooting the walkie talkie out of the girl's hand? Larf.

And then missing by 5 feet on all subsequent shots.

Hakan
02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
And then missing by 5 feet on all subsequent shots.
I have to say, it is good for a laugh. But that laugh comes at the show's expense. What terrible trash writing.

Bobblehead
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I have to say, it is good for a laugh. But that laugh comes at the show's expense. What terrible trash writing.

They had a unique show - people on an island full of mysteries. And now they are abandoning that to focus on the interpersonal relationships. If I wanted to see that I'd watch Dr. Phil every day at 4pm.

I'll watch the show for the rest of the season, but if they continue down the same path I'll be hardpressed to care when they come back in Jan.'08
You sure can see that JJ Abrahms, who (co-)created Lost, has moved on to other challenges. Same thing happened to his last show, Alias (which also started strong, then by 3rd season was struggling, and for it's 4th season decided to wait until January so there wouldn't be any repeats, and when it did come back no one remembered or cared. VERY similar pattern hapening with Lost.)

Mike Oxlong
02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
...is that slingshot gal the daughter of the wild french woman? If so, then Ben and frenchie must have been an item at one time...I predict Ben dies at the hands of frenchie next season...

Alex (the French Woman's daughter) was kidnapped when she was a baby. I assume the only reason she is considered Ben's daughter is because he "adopted" her after they kidnapped her from Russo. She has been living with the others for 16 years.

It wasn't a bad episode last night. Not the best but I am glad it is finally back on.

I really hope they don't go the soap opera route and screw it up with Love triangles etc....

The mystery and mythology and general craziness of the island is what got me hooked and really set this show apart from any others.

metallicat
02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
This show was so much better when I could watch it on DVD uninterupted. I was disappointed with the number of commercials last night...it seemed there were so many that it completely messed up the flow. Decent episode I suppose, I but I miss seeing all of the characters...Sayeed, Locke...etc.

metallicat
02-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Thoughts on tonights episode? I don't know what to think anymore. 75% of the show was Desmond's backstory, or whatever they call it.

liamenator
02-15-2007, 12:19 AM
I liked it tonight.. Desmond is fast becoming the most interesting character as he is the only one who still seems to be experiencing anything bizarre or to do with the "mystery" of the Island.

You're right though it was strangely structured as an episode. No Jack, Kate, Sawyer, 1 scene each for Sayid, Locke, Claire... Hardly anything on the Island.

BUT, at least they are developing an interesting storyline with Desmond's "unique" prognostication skills and Charlie's impending(?) doom.

I'm still waiting for them to at least MENTION what exactly Penny is up to with that whole Siberian satellite team having found "it" (from Season 2 finale)

SpitFire40
02-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Great episode I thought... The show is evolving. It wasn't going to be gilligans island forever people...

ken0042
02-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Aw, but I wanted to see the Harlem Globe Trotters. :D

Yeah, it was a very very long drawn out way of saying that "Charlie is going to die soon." Of course he won't, then we'll have two episodes where Desmond begins to question his fate, then he'll die.

Bobblehead
02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
If they follow through and answer some of the "biggest mysteries" of the island next week and then don't evolve the mystery somehow, the show will be in trouble. The ratings (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings021407,0,746117.story?coll=zap-tv-ratings-headlines) are starting to tank.CBS took the lead at 10 p.m. with "CSI: NY," 9.4/15. With no lead-in to speak of, "Lost" managed only a 7.6/12, its lowest rating ever for a new episode. NBC's "Medium" came in at 5.7/9.

Top Shelf
02-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Meant to post this earlier...

I was not terribly impresses by the first episode after the 3-month hiatus. However, I thought last night's was very good. Although, that might be because there was no Jack, Sawyer or Kate...

Looking forward to next week's show quite a bit, hopefully it will tie up some loose ends.

Phanuthier
02-15-2007, 08:36 PM
The first episode back (Esp 7) I gagged at (like everyone else... enough with the love triangle)... Esp 8 was great though, getting back to the mystery.

I like them to just kill of Kate so we don't have to bore ourselves with it anymore.

I read somewhere that the show is going to go back to focusing on the mystery of the island and the polar bears - if so, great!

Oh, and a big sigh of relief (so far) that they didn't try to bring in that couple that they started to introduce before the show's hiatus.

metallicat
02-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I watched the episode again, and liked it more the second time, probably because I'm a Desmond fan. He's a cool character. There are some people on that show I can do without, Charlie being one, so we'll see how things turn out with him possibly being killed.

moon
02-15-2007, 09:29 PM
I thought it wasnt a bad episdoe but that it did seem like a little much just to show that Charlie is going to die.

If I wasnt so impressed with the first two seasons I am not sure I would have watched the second half of this season. Even still I am not that excited on Wednesday night like I was when the show started. I hope they go back to the old formula and focus on the island rather than the relationships.

Top Shelf
02-22-2007, 07:32 AM
So yeah, I was pretty sure that last nights episode was going to be a good one. Man, was I dissapointed. They said we were going to get answers? What frickin answers did we get?? That Jack got his tat in Thailand?

Show is driving me crazy, I want to like it again and was pumped after the Desmond episode. Bah, maybe my expectations were too high for alst night.

ZDogg
02-22-2007, 08:40 AM
So yeah, I was pretty sure that last nights episode was going to be a good one. Man, was I dissapointed. They said we were going to get answers? What frickin answers did we get?? That Jack got his tat in Thailand?

Show is driving me crazy, I want to like it again and was pumped after the Desmond episode. Bah, maybe my expectations were too high for alst night.
That was probably the worst ending to a LOST episode yet. The lame music and the cameras focusing on each character at a time... :poo: .

I'm with you. Bring me back to the Island mystery. Show the main crew with more of Locke, Sayid and Desmond! Screw Jack, Kate and Sawyer... oh and now we can add Juliette to the love triangle mix??

JiriHrdina
02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
^yes.

Bobblehead
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I fear Lost has jumped the shark.

Superflyer
02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Did I miss something last night, I tuned in and got the episode from last week. I watched it for about 15 minutes just to be sure that it was not a really long and bad recap but it was the one about Desmond last week.

Bobblehead
02-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Did I miss something last night, I tuned in and got the episode from last week. I watched it for about 15 minutes just to be sure that it was not a really long and bad recap but it was the one about Desmond last week.

For the past couple of weeks ABC has been showing last week's episode before the new one.

Superflyer
02-22-2007, 12:53 PM
For the past couple of weeks ABC has been showing last week's episode before the new one.
Oh so I should have watched ABC at 11 instead of 10. Damn, oh well does not sound like I missed much anyways.

ken0042
02-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Just watch it in both time slots next week.

Cerebral
02-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Man, last night's episode was absolutely brutal. The previous two were fantastic but last night's one was possibly the worst episode yet.

burnin_vernon
02-22-2007, 04:38 PM
i actually fell asleep for the ending and woke up and thought i saw jack on a boat getting out of there. the deal i saw him make was to let whatshername live. can someone tell me what happened in the last 10 minutes or so? Also , what were the big 3 questions answered?

Sparks
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Well, to recap, basically nothing happened. Kinda like this whole season. Truthfully - here's the recap: the others are moving "home" (wherever that is) because the survivors now know where they are (since Kate and Sawyer left). Also, Ben has developed an infection in his back because of the surgery, so will need Jack's continued help. Same old song and dance. The other stuff that happened isn't worth mentioning.

That recent episode - with Desmond - was really good and reminded me why I started watching this show in the first place. But I wish it was as poor as every single other episode this season, just to take away that faint glimmer of hope.

Phanuthier
02-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Agree, Lost is getting painful. The first season was AWSOME the way pieces fit together, but since they tried using the love triangle, the shows become nothing more then a prime time soap opera.

Please, please, please, kill off Kate and Juliette just so we don't to see this stupid love triagle anymore. Please. And cut it out with Jack's "always intense" yelling, especially when its about nothing, its getting tiring. Sawyer was once a one liner machine, and is now what, a tough on the outside, teddy bear on the inside? Oh please.

I'm hoping this weeks episode was just a setup for something in the future; I'm sure its useful somewhere down the line. But what a brutal episode, and letdown after a mid season hiatus.

Ugg brutal. I think I'm getting sick of all the characters, actually. Still like Sayid, but his part has taken a real step back in terms of roles.

JohnnyFlame
02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Agree, Lost is getting painful. The first season was AWSOME the way pieces fit together, but since they tried using the love triangle, the shows become nothing more then a prime time soap opera.

Please, please, please, kill off Kate and Juliette just so we don't to see this stupid love triagle anymore. Please. And cut it out with Jack's "always intense" yelling, especially when its about nothing, its getting tiring. Sawyer was once a one liner machine, and is now what, a tough on the outside, teddy bear on the inside? Oh please.

I'm hoping this weeks episode was just a setup for something in the future; I'm sure its useful somewhere down the line. But what a brutal episode, and letdown after a mid season hiatus.

Ugg brutal. I think I'm getting sick of all the characters, actually. Still like Sayid, but his part has taken a real step back in terms of roles.

I read in some mag that they are using these episodes to setup later ones but good grief they are boring me to death. Without a major turnaround I think the show is done after one more season(which won't be worth watching for the most part).

Phanuthier
02-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I read in some mag that they are using these episodes to setup later ones but good grief they are boring me to death. Without a major turnaround I think the show is done after one more season(which won't be worth watching for the most part).
Yeah, I had heard that they were going to go back to the islands secrets and Dharma Initiatives like the polar bears. Lets hope they do it soon, for their sake and for ours.

Fozzie_DeBear
02-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Worst.episode.ever. On so many levels...I (like everyone) am tired of the love triange and Jack ridiculous laugh everytime an other asks him to do something...sigh...I saw next episode has a VW hippie van on the island...jumping the shark indeed

SpitFire40
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
LOST isn't as exciting or mind bending as it was but it still absolutely blows 24 out of the water IMO in general as a good tv show.

Every season has been completely different, which is good IMO...

Heroes>All though.

JiriHrdina
02-24-2007, 12:39 AM
LOST isn't as exciting or mind bending as it was but it still absolutely blows 24 out of the water IMO in general as a good tv show.

Every season has been completely different, which is good IMO...

Heroes>All though.

But will Heroes Season 3 > Lost Season 3.

Shows like this are very hard to maintain. Viewers always "want answers" but when they get the answers they aren't happy with them or upset because they lead to more questions. But that's the only way shows like this work.

I still think Lost is brilliant in part because of its willigness to completely change season to season (as you say Jordan).

Good article in EW about it as well for those interested that talks about a lot of this stuff.

Phanuthier
02-24-2007, 12:46 AM
But will Heroes Season 3 > Lost Season 3.

Shows like this are very hard to maintain. Viewers always "want answers" but when they get the answers they aren't happy with them or upset because they lead to more questions. But that's the only way shows like this work.

I still think Lost is brilliant in part because of its willigness to completely change season to season (as you say Jordan).

Good post Jiri, I absolutely love lost as a origanal idea.

New things, yes... but no romance. That is a biggie for me. I'm just so tired of every single TV show having the same formula of romance that always leads to failure.

Some twists and turns of Lost... the Island mystery was great. The idea of the tail end of the plane was great, but could have been better executed. The French Women was great, but too sporadic that you don't really get her story. The Others... that was great until they started going into the story of them. The problem with The Others is that it spread the show too thin, too attention away from the ones on the beaches and put them squarely on Jack / Kate / Sawyer. In a mystery type movie such as Lost, it is just brutal to keep on beating those 3 with a stick. Some introductions were pretty good, Desmond for one. I don't mind Juliette, but please again, no romance.

What got me attracted to Lost was the way things tie together. I liked diversity, but the show stopped being interesting when things stopped tying together. I like the idea of bringing back the Island and the the Dharma Initiative, but no more new ideas for a while, or else it gets really thin and other aspects of the show are left with untied ends.

As for Heroes... Lost will serve as a good trial of what Heroes should/shouldn't do since the concept of the shows are very similar.

SpitFire40
02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
It's not even romance itself, it adds a human element to things... Romance has it's place in shows like this... see Shannon and Sayid. The fact that they were getting hot and heavy made her death more emotional no?

Phanuthier
02-24-2007, 12:55 AM
It's not even romance itself, it adds a human element to things... Romance has it's place in shows like this... see Shannon and Sayid. The fact that they were getting hot and heavy made her death more emotional no?
Romance is ok when used as a human element, but not the main driver of tension and thus, the plot. That is the trap Lost fell into with the love triangle.

SpitFire40
02-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Romance is ok when used as a human element, but not the main driver of tension and thus, the plot. That is the trap Lost fell into with the love triangle.

How can you say that Romance is the main driver and tension of the show though?? This season isn't even half over yet...

It's the time and place for the show to take a romance spin, it's not in your face exciting and though provking but it's necessary.

gottabekd
02-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh so I should have watched ABC at 11 instead of 10. Damn, oh well does not sound like I missed much anyways.

Well, you missed Bai Ling.

Phanuthier
02-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Next Episode : tricia tanaka is dead

Synopsis
Hurley's discovery of an old, wrecked car on the island leads him on a mission of hope not only for himself, but for a fellow survivor in need of some faith. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways, but Kate is still torn about leaving Jack behind with "The Others." Source: ABC

metallicat
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Just watched last weeks episode, as I missed it when they showed it on TV. I guess I am a totally different type of fan than most of you. I really enjoyed this episode more than the week before. I enjoy the flashbacks, but want them kept to a minimum. Seeing the history of Desmond was great, but I want to see the focus mainly on the present island.

metallicat
02-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Next Episode : tricia tanaka is dead

Synopsis
Hurley's discovery of an old, wrecked car on the island leads him on a mission of hope not only for himself, but for a fellow survivor in need of some faith. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways, but Kate is still torn about leaving Jack behind with "The Others." Source: ABCAnother thing I miss, epsiodes involving older castaways. I look forward to Wednesday.

Phanuthier
03-02-2007, 07:45 PM
So, what did everyone think of this week's brutal episode?

Loved to see Sawyer's one-liners back though.

SpitFire40
03-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Brutal?? Wow.. I really don't know what your expectations are. Or you've been watching too much 24... Where Explosions and yelling = Good TV... Yawnnnn.

I actually thought this week's show was solid

metallicat
03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I enjoyed this week's as well. Finally back to the rest of the castaways.

Hakan
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Someone needs to drag this show out back and shoot it.

Alpha_Q
03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
There sure is a lot of stuff within a fat guy jog radius of the beach - a vw bus??? Damn. I don't know what's worse, the show losing some of its quality or the fact that I'm likely to watch it until the end no matter what.
I get nervous whenever a person that we haven't seen before has speaking lines. I keep thinking that we're being introduced to another new character, and if there's anything that show can use, it's another new character ;) .

I wish they would balance out the 'flashback' sequences with scenes that further the plot line.

SpitFire40
03-02-2007, 11:42 PM
One thing I hate, these two new characters, Paulo and his bimbo wife... Who the **** are you??

That was painful, but I still like the backstories and adventures of the characters we know.

JiriHrdina
03-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Someone needs to drag this show out back and shoot it.

You're a tough guy to please when it comes to TV aren't you?

Not taking a shot, just noticed you don't have much good to say about any shows. Why do you watch these shows?

gottabekd
03-03-2007, 01:52 AM
There sure is a lot of stuff within a fat guy jog radius of the beach - a vw bus???
I also would prefer if the show made logical sense...

I, sort of...enjoyed the episode. It was the type that is nice for a change, but not something you want to see often. However, with the flow of the episodes, I see no climax in sight. Just a slow drawn out death...

Barnes
03-03-2007, 01:58 AM

Not taking a shot, just noticed you don't have much good to say about any shows. Why do you watch these shows?

True that.

A lot of the critisims of lost are totally unfounded. Remember, the first few episodes of season 2 were very "boring" as well to most of you.

People complained that two episodes back, it was promised that 3 questions would be answered and nothing was. Do people honestly think that Cuse and Lindlehof have anything whatsoever to do with ABC teasers? Ummm NO.

"I wonder if there are tail section survivors?"
"Why are all these episodes about the tail section survivors?"

"What is with the others and who are they?"
"Why is this show all about the others?"

"Why is there no more island mythology?"
"I want answers to the island mythology now"

"Why are there so many breaks in new episodes?"
"Why is there one break in new episodes?"

Whatever they do, people complain.

A lot of people have totally missed the point of lost. It's about relationships on and off the island as much as it is about the island itself. It's not a show about polar bears.

Seriously, just stop watching please. You don't get how deep and involved this show actually is and that's okay. There were a ton of clues in the past 2 episodes and so many things that are never discussed in these threads.

blankall
03-03-2007, 03:18 AM
I found the last episode entertaining but pointless. they jsut sat around drinkign beer and listening to three dog night. Probably on of the most ridiculous episodes of any tv show ive ever see. But hell I was entertained so wtf

Hakan
03-03-2007, 08:46 AM

I like what I like. My partner is addicted to lost so I get my fair share of viewing time.

I've gone over why I think Lost is total crap before. I directed my latest comment over the woefully inadequate quality of the first three episodes from the 3 month break. What a great way to bury a show, take a huge break in the middle of the season and then resume everything with some of the most yawn inducing hokey crap imaginable. These episodes are bad even for lost standards.

They find some VW and the only story you get is that they enlist that french girl to get Jack back. Wow.

JiriHrdina
03-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I like what I like. My partner is addicted to lost so I get my fair share of viewing time.

I've gone over why I think Lost is total crap before. I directed my latest comment over the woefully inadequate quality of the first three episodes from the 3 month break. What a great way to bury a show, take a huge break in the middle of the season and then resume everything with some of the most yawn inducing hokey crap imaginable. These episodes are bad even for lost standards.

They find some VW and the only story you get is that they enlist that french girl to get Jack back. Wow.

I'm curious what shows you like? You seem to have high standards, so it would be interesting to see what shows you enjoy.

Phanuthier
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Maybe I did miss something last episode... so ok, Hurley has a dad who dissapeared for a couple years, and he (still) has bad luck. He bought his former fast food restraunt, they find a VW and Charlie didn't die.

The only thing that was reminicint of the old episode was that the VW was the Dharma initiatives.

There's was some good comedy, but I really don't see very much of the old lost.

Am I missing something?

Hakan
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm curious what shows you like? You seem to have high standards, so it would be interesting to see what shows you enjoy.
Basically anything on HBO I like.

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Sopranos
Six Feet Under (only the first two seasons, the rest were crap)
Rome is okay, pretty trashy though, it gets looked over because of the interesting details they put in trying to recreate a somewhat realistic ancient Rome
The Office
My guilty pleasure is Heroes but I take it for what it is. I'm certainly not going to say its a great show because its not. It does have some very good things going for it, specifically editing and sound editing.
Poirot
Arrested Development

Not an Earth shattering list by any stretch.

Phanuthier
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Next week... looks like Kate / Sayid stumble on a Dharma Initiative Operating Farm (good) and Sawyer plays ping pong for his stuff back, or else no nicknames (damn... I like his "Hey Oliver Twist" or "Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon")

I guess we'll get an explaination to the polar bear on this one

Cerebral
03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Next week... looks like Kate / Sayid stumble on a Dharma Initiative Operating Farm (good) and Sawyer plays ping pong for his stuff back, or else no nicknames (damn... I like his "Hey Oliver Twist" or "Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon")

I guess we'll get an explaination to the polar bear on this one
Yep, it looks like they'll actually reveal something next week after two episodes in a row where essentially nothing happened.

ZDogg
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
What's everyone's take on lastnight episode?? I thought it was pretty good although somewhat predictable. Locke was a real idiot... that seemed a bit out of character for him to be screwing around with that computer so much. Why would you press 77 (overtaken by hostiles)??? What a moron. If I was Sayid I would have kicked his ass pretty hard, or maybe that is coming on next weeks episode.

Barnes
03-08-2007, 10:14 AM
What's everyone's take on lastnight episode?? I thought it was pretty good although somewhat predictable. Locke was a real idiot... that seemed a bit out of character for him to be screwing around with that computer so much. Why would you press 77 (overtaken by hostiles)??? What a moron. If I was Sayid I would have kicked his ass pretty hard, or maybe that is coming on next weeks episode.

They have the map. Should be easy enough to find the tunnels.

Do people feel the mystery is back? They answered a TON of questions last night.

Bobblehead
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I was expecting Sawyer to remember that Hurley was rich when Hurley told him "Call me Hurley, or Hugo" (since Sawyer read the messages from the bottles during their raft escape and asked who Hugo is)

Top Shelf
03-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Last night was a very good episode, and i'm glad because it was starting to get annoying. I missed Sayid, the guy is one of my favorite characters.

I'm also glad that whole ping pong mini-story didn't dominate the show like I was afraid it might.

Pleased with this one, let's hope there are more of them.

Incogneto
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Sayid Vs. Jack Bauer....who wins?

Phanuthier
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Great episode, has the old island feel to it.

You knew the farm house was gonna blow, or else that would be the end of the LOST mysteries. If there's an idiot to push 77, can't think of a better one then Locke.

Phanuthier
03-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Bump-aroo if people are still watching

Probably the best episode of Season 3, loved the ending.

Spoilers in white:

As many expected, Claire and Jack are brother and sister. Too bad they killed off eye-patch, he was an intriguing char, and but to keep the Lost mystique, they had to kill him off before he said any more, as long as he's alive, he's gonna be talking about secrets that give away the island's mystique.

Clair and Charlie... yeah Charlie's suppoesd to die, I get it already. Booring sub-plot.

Ending... what... Jack's a guy who's supposed to be stubborn and hard to convince. And now, he's all happy playing football? Definatly a cliffhanger ending, but I find hard to believe. But, I eat the cliffhanger stuff up.

Thoughts?

JiriHrdina
03-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah what the hell Jack?

Claire is irritating as heck though. Kinda wish her character would get killed off.

Barnes
03-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah what the hell Jack?

Claire is irritating as heck though. Kinda wish her character would get killed off.

Irritating yes but the story of her baby is going to be interesting when they develop it more. Can't wait until the Locke back story next week.

We have learned a lot so far this year. I just looked at the blast door map from the swan and more and more things make sense.

Pagal4321
03-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Irritating yes but the story of her baby is going to be interesting when they develop it more. Can't wait until the Locke back story next week.

We have learned a lot so far this year. I just looked at the blast door map from the swan and more and more things make sense.

I want to see that picture again, I completely forget it!!

Great episode tonight, they spent WAY too much time on Claire and not nearly enough on Sayid and company. But I guess that's what is supposed to happen. Fantastic ending....

metallicat
03-15-2007, 12:09 AM
So people expected that Claire and Jack were brother/sister? How would they have even guessed that?

Phanuthier
03-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Definatly, since they stopped talking about her baby being kidnapped / something special / et al, she's really just useless, irratating and services no point in the plot in the grand scheme of things.

Although, I hear that they are going to talk about the captured kids, and perhaps Claire's new found connection and the events leading up for Jack and Ana Lucia, perhaps she does have a role to play.

Phanuthier
03-15-2007, 12:11 AM
eh?

Phanuthier
03-15-2007, 12:12 AM
So people expected that Claire and Jack were brother/sister? How would they have even guessed that?
2nd season episode when Jack's dad is on the phone in Australia

Cerebral
03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
2nd season episode when Jack's dad is on the phone in Australia
Yep, I've been suspecting this for a while so it really wasn't a big ground-breaker for me.

I liked this episode, the cliffhanger ending actually works this time around as I'm really curious to see what happens next week. They've had a couple filler episodes this season (I honestly don't give a crap that Hurley is fat and that his dad is Cheech) but I like the fact that the plotline is definitely moving forwards at a reasonable pace. Next week should hopefully be good!

Barnes
03-15-2007, 12:20 AM
eh?

http://www.lost4815162342.com/blastmap.htm

Phanuthier
03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
I liked this episode, the cliffhanger ending actually works this time around as I'm really curious to see what happens next week. They've had a couple filler episodes this season (I honestly don't give a crap that Hurley is fat and that his dad is Cheech) but I like the fact that the plotline is definitely moving forwards at a reasonable pace. Next week should hopefully be good!
I think the producers misread the audience, it should have been more of a "ah, so thats why's he's fat" while they made it out as a "AHHHHH so THAT'S why he's fat!!!"

Phanuthier
03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
http://www.lost4815162342.com/blastmap.htm
I think I'm missing the point, how are things making sense?

metallicat
03-15-2007, 12:52 AM
2nd season episode when Jack's dad is on the phone in AustraliaI guess I blew through the seasons 1 and 2 DVDs too quickly...I don't remember this at all.

Maritime Q-Scout
03-15-2007, 06:11 AM
they brought back "the list"

Captain Morgan (hey it's just Sawyer that can't give nicnames right?) mentioned that none of them were on the list. That they were filled with hatred, anger, and fear.

I can't wait for next week

Top Shelf
03-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Yep, agreed with all the comments, now we've had the last 3 episodes getting better and better.

The John Locke story should be a good one, looking forward to that too. I can't remember though, does anyone else on the island know that he was in a wheelchair?

As for the ending, that really threw me for a loop. Was he brainwashed? What the hell is going on over there?

Can't wait until next week!

fanforever1986
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Yep, agreed with all the comments, now we've had the last 3 episodes getting better and better.

The John Locke story should be a good one, looking forward to that too. I can't remember though, does anyone else on the island know that he was in a wheelchair?

As for the ending, that really threw me for a loop. Was he brainwashed? What the hell is going on over there?

I think he told someone at one point, when he was having trouble walking...or am I just thinking this up? Lost has so many story lines, I think I need to start taking notes.

Barnes
03-15-2007, 11:45 AM

Rose knows he was in a wheelchair.

No need to take notes. Lostpedia (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page)

TheDragon
03-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Last night was a very good episode, and i'm glad because it was starting to get annoying. I missed Sayid, the guy is one of my favorite characters.

I'm also glad that whole ping pong mini-story didn't dominate the show like I was afraid it might.

Pleased with this one, let's hope there are more of them.

Yeah! I agree. Lost is starting to get enjoyable to watch again. I was struggling to have to sit through it for an hour when all it was, was the same crap about Jack throwing a hissy fit whenever the Others' asked him to do something, and then he ends up doing it anyway.

We're getting to see some of the more enjoyable characters again, and the story, although constantly evolving, is starting to have fewer and fewer plot holes.

Also, my mom's theory is that Locke is or was one of the Others.

My theory is that he's totally about to go all Rambo on some ass.

Barnes
03-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I think I'm missing the point, how are things making sense?

Here is what I have been thinking about;

The refrences to the Valenzetti equation where somewhat explained by the Lost experience this past summer as well as the workings of the Hanso foundation and Alvar Hanso.

We have been to the Staff, the Pearl, the Hydra, the Swan, the Arrow and the Flame stations.

Refrences to Dharmatel relays and various communication systems connecting the stations by lines on the map have been confirmed with the map Sayid found in the Flame station.

Refrence to the gene therepy program for polar bears and a zoological facility outside of the main map drawing have been confirmed as the Hydra station and is off island.

Passage about recreational area for Dharma staff near the swan station can be confirmed by our friend Roger Workmen and his van full of beer.

The question mark in the middle was once thought to be the pearl station but now I think it is the barracks and the dotted line represents the fence from last nights epi. I don't think the artist ever found the Pearl but somehow new it exsisted by name only.

ZDogg
03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Rose knows he was in a wheelchair.

No need to take notes. Lostpedia (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page)
Wow that website is crazy. Can't believe I didn't stumble onto it until just now. Really like how everything is linked together and can easily follow connection/theories etc.

oldschoolcalgary
03-15-2007, 10:40 PM
best decision from ABC though is stringing the episodes together a la 24...the short fall cliff hanger was great...but waiting until the new year for the start up again was tough...

not as bad as last year with all the repeats though...

metallicat
03-16-2007, 12:37 AM
The Lostpedia link is very good, I am going to try and read through most of it. I think I've been too casual a fan of the show, and therefore have missed a lot of what actually goes on.

Phanuthier
03-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Here is what I have been thinking about;

The refrences to the Valenzetti equation where somewhat explained by the Lost experience this past summer as well as the workings of the Hanso foundation and Alvar Hanso.

We have been to the Staff, the Pearl, the Hydra, the Swan, the Arrow and the Flame stations.

Refrences to Dharmatel relays and various communication systems connecting the stations by lines on the map have been confirmed with the map Sayid found in the Flame station.

Refrence to the gene therepy program for polar bears and a zoological facility outside of the main map drawing have been confirmed as the Hydra station and is off island.

Passage about recreational area for Dharma staff near the swan station can be confirmed by our friend Roger Workmen and his van full of beer.

The question mark in the middle was once thought to be the pearl station but now I think it is the barracks and the dotted line represents the fence from last nights epi. I don't think the artist ever found the Pearl but somehow new it exsisted by name only.
So what's your conclusion? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb, but I'm not seeing what you're getting at. You think this all related to Valenzetti equation?

Barnes
03-16-2007, 09:23 AM
So what's your conclusion? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb, but I'm not seeing what you're getting at. You think this all related to Valenzetti equation?

No conclusion. I just said more and more things are making sense. When we first saw the map the only thing we knew about was the swan and the Blackrock.

Phanuthier
03-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Next episode... in the Canadian preview at the 12 sec mark, it looks like Micheal is apart of the Others?

Looks AWSOME, haven't felt this much anticipation since the comeback.

gottabekd
03-17-2007, 09:53 AM
I haven't been a dedicated fan, but am enjoying this third season. For a while it seemed the show was being written week by week, with no one sure exactly where they were heading. But, give the writers credit, it really is coming around now...

metallicat
03-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Now that I enjoyed. Seeing how Locke got into the wheelchair was a shocking scene, but awesome all the same.

SpitFire40
03-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Holy crap...

Cerebral
03-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Parts of that episode were pretty :blink:. I wasn't really surprised to see how Locke ended up in the wheel chair, that's more or less what I've been expecting since they introduced his "dad" into the equation.

metallicat
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
But that was insane. Glad I had my PVR, because I had to watch that a few times.

Barnes
03-22-2007, 01:09 AM
I always thought that it would end up Locke was hurt at the party Hurley hosted where the balcony colapsed during Hurley's string of bad luck. They have so many things that link them together.

A pretty neat twist when he was applying for the insurance and the lady said his condition was mental and then he stood right up. A lot of people thought his paralysis was mental and that is how the island "cured" him.

Ben is the ultimate bad guy. Great casting.

Mr. Ski
03-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Sweet episode tonight. Just got finished watching it, and if it wasn't so darn late already, I'd probably watch it again.

Any theories on the 'magic box'?

Cerebral
03-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Any theories on the 'magic box'?
I've got a feeling it'll end up being the monster. The monster has essentially taken the form of something close to a number of people in Lost (Kate's horse, Echo's brother, Jack's dad etc.) so I'm pretty sure that Locke's dad will just end up being the monster.

Top Shelf
03-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Very good show last night, the scene where Lockes dad pushes him out the window, wow, that caught me off guard.

Good storyline though, even though Locke sometimes annoys me, his character is pretty unique.

Quick question, the man from Tallahassee? Were they referring to Lockes dad there? I swear i'd heard that phrase before, but couldn't place which episode.

As far as the monster theroy, that could very well be. Makes sense the more I think about it.

And what about next weeks episode? Sun is an other?!?! That is some crazyness right there. Looks like another good one coming up, might be a few episodes before we find out more about Locke and his Dad.

ZDogg
03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
And what about next weeks episode? Sun is an other?!?! That is some crazyness right there. Looks like another good one coming up, might be a few episodes before we find out more about Locke and his Dad.The feed I watched didn't have a preview to next week.... :bag:

Overall that was a pretty good episode. So why was Locke all wet when he got back off the Submarine??? Not like he would have placed the C4 on the outside of the sub.

Saint Troy
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Solid episode last night, I just made the mistake of clicking on lostpedia, very cool and extremely time consuming.

Barnes
03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Very good show last night, the scene where Lockes dad pushes him out the window, wow, that caught me off guard.

Good storyline though, even though Locke sometimes annoys me, his character is pretty unique.

Quick question, the man from Tallahassee? Were they referring to Lockes dad there? I swear i'd heard that phrase before, but couldn't place which episode.

As far as the monster theroy, that could very well be. Makes sense the more I think about it.

And what about next weeks episode? Sun is an other?!?! That is some crazyness right there. Looks like another good one coming up, might be a few episodes before we find out more about Locke and his Dad.

It's a reference to Lockes dad for sure. I believe that Sawyer mentioned he was in or lived in Tallahasee as well during a flashback. Links them together for sure as both being con men. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Lockes dad is the real Sawyer.

metallicat
03-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't really understand why people think the box this has to do with the monster. I guess I might just be looking at things too one dimensionally.

SpitFire40
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
It's a reference to Lockes dad for sure. I believe that Sawyer mentioned he was in or lived in Tallahasee as well during a flashback. Links them together for sure as both being con men. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Lockes dad is the real Sawyer.

This had been kind of known for a long time, but I can't wait for the Flashbacks. My guess, Locke will give his dad another chance but Sawyer will eventually pop him.

Barnes
03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
This had been kind of known for a long time, but I can't wait for the Flashbacks. My guess, Locke will give his dad another chance but Sawyer will eventually pop him.

I can't believe I never put it together before now. I should create a chart of how people are related.

Nice avatar Jordan.

metallicat
03-28-2007, 09:17 PM
I just watched tonight's episode, which I had PVR'd from the CTV HD channel. I will withhold further comment until all others have finished, but..

OMG!

underGRADFlame
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Damn, she was hot too!!!!,

metallicat
03-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I know! I didn't really notice her before this episode, and before it aired, I read some previews and was disappointed because I didn't really care who these two people were, LOL

Barnes
03-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Holy feck what an episode! Gotta think about this now. Anyone else notice Juliette was not wearing shoes when her and Ben showed up in The Pearl. How'd she get all the way there through the jungle without shoes?

Phanuthier
03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Interesting episode for sure. Wasn't a fan of Nikki and Paulo, so glad ot see them go.

Interesting about Ben / Juliette though

pope04
03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
so glad ot see them go.

Don't hold your breath.

metallicat
03-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I don't know that they are dead. I was browsing another LOST forum, and someone mentioned that we need to remember that Locke said, "nothing stays buried".

Phanuthier
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I don't know that they are dead. I was browsing another LOST forum, and someone mentioned that we need to remember that Locke said, "nothing stays buried".
Well, at least hopefully not too much of them then.

metallicat
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Why do people not like them? And is it true that they were never there in the original episodes? Did they re-film all those parts or something then?

Google "Kiele Sanchez" and check out her Stuff pictures. :wub:

SpitFire40
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I like the way they handled that.

Super-Rye
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
At the beginning I was like "who cares?" but by the end of it I was like "NO! STOP BURRYING THEM ALIVE OMG!" Great episode.

Cerebral
03-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I thought that episode was absolutely terrible, how are we supposed to feel any emotional connection whatsoever (which is the only way this sort of episode could have worked) if we've only seen the characters like two times. All the flashback scenes where they tried to insert Nikki and Paulo into the islands "history" really seemed forced to me, the only really interesting parts were the scene involving Ben and Juliette and the ending.

Wookie
03-29-2007, 01:12 AM
At the beginning I was like "who cares?" but by the end of it I was like "NO! STOP BURRYING THEM ALIVE OMG!" Great episode.

Well they are murderers.

They killed that guy for diamonds

The only reason I wanted her to live is to see her prancing around the island some more.

Top Shelf
03-29-2007, 07:29 AM
I wasn't expecting much this episode, but I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. Not much else to it really, the Ben and Juliette thing was kind of interesting too I guess.

Next weeks preview looked....difficult to hope for. A Kate and Juliette bitch fight? Yawn. Ah well, maybe it will turn out half decent as well, it's hard to say sometimes. The preview for last night's episode kind almost implied that Sun was an Other, which really didn't make sense.

MrMastodonFarm
03-29-2007, 08:14 AM
I really enjoyed this episode, but when it finished I knew people would either love it or hate it. Obviously putting Nikki and whatshisname into earlier scenes were forced, but I thought it was great that the show established and that Jack and his superfriends aren't the only survivors to first find things on the Island, and get up to some stuff. It's cool to know that the super friends weren't the first to find the plane, and the pearl etc. Nikki and italiano were exploring the Island from day one.

Very good stand alone episode, and it was cool to see some characters return for a couple peices.. and it made me thankful that Boone and annoying sister are dead.

Bobblehead
03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Total filler episode. It was a cool twist at the end, but the entire episode could be dropped and no one would ever miss it.

And they found the second hatch first, and didn't tell anyone? The found the plane? They were traipsing around while, if I recall, most of the rest of the survivors were cowering in the caves or on the beach? It was just was too contrived.

gottabekd
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Total filler episode. It was a cool twist at the end, but the entire episode could be dropped and no one would ever miss it.

I kind of hope that isn't the case, but I don't know if there is much to build off here. The 'twist' was pretty predictable, but oh well. Maybe they end up digging their way out of there? The "nothing stays buried" quote was interesting. We'll see.

Bobblehead
03-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I kind of hope that isn't the case, but I don't know if there is much to build off here. The 'twist' was pretty predictable, but oh well. Maybe they end up digging their way out of there? The "nothing stays buried" quote was interesting. We'll see.

The dog will dig them up. The dog already pulled the sheet off them when they were covered. Vincent will save them.

ken0042
04-04-2007, 09:22 PM
OK, now I'm wondering..... why are they all going back to the "camp" when they have houses now?

Why not live in the houses? The black smoke thing can't get them, there's all sorts of good reasons.

automaton 3
04-04-2007, 09:32 PM
^^^^ I was wondering the same thing...doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

Jiggy_12
04-04-2007, 09:59 PM
What ever happened with Locke and his Dad? They never explained his presence there.

Pagal4321
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Becuase....they want to live on the beach damnit!!!

But seriously...houses, water, electricity, football??

Phanuthier
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I dunno about you guys, but all the boer and fish are making me hungry.

ken0042
04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Charlie admitted last episode that under Sawyer's orders; he was the one who pretended to be an "other" and drag her into the jungle. Sawyer wanted to instill fear to get to the guns.

Top Shelf
04-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Good episode for the most part. Smokey is really starting to intrigue me, was it taking pictures there when Kate and Juliette were in the trees? It kind of looked like that's what is was doing. Does Ben control Smokey?

And then there is Locke...I'm curious what he is up to. Sounds like him and the Others went on a little adventure, should be interesting to find out what they were doing.

The Kate flashbacks were kinda cool, another tie-in with Sawyer's con. Poor Kate has some serious Mommy issues.

metallicat
04-12-2007, 12:21 AM
So Juliet really is a spy for the others. What is the motive behind this? I was really hoping her intentions were true and real, but I guess not. God she's hot though. :wub:

CaptainCrunch
04-12-2007, 08:22 AM
So Juliet really is a spy for the others. What is the motive behind this? I was really hoping her intentions were true and real, but I guess not. God she's hot though. :wub:

She's ruthless, she wants to go home, and Ben keeps pulling that string and she goes along.

We got some answers on the purpose of the others which is odd, they're on the Island to find a cure for cancer it seems, but the cure has the side effect of ramping up immune systems to the point that it kills pregnant woman.

It looks like they were fortunate that the plane crashed and they got some new lab animals, even more fortunate that one of them was pregnant.

I still think this is part of a virtual reality world, where all of the players are strapped into chairs with googles over thier faces, it explains Hurley's insane asylum episode and why they knocked Julliet out before she got on the plane.

Just my thoughts.

Bobblehead
04-12-2007, 08:29 AM
They explained why Claire was abducted, but not why Charlie was hung up to die. I am getting a strong sense that the current storyline it trying to shoe-horn early events into the history because the writers hadn't had a clear idea how things would evolve.

I'll keep watching to see what happens, but my sense of wonder and mystery (and interest) is fading quickly.

CaptainCrunch
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh god I hope not. A holodek thing would just be gay.

Oh I think it would be gay too, but it makes a lot of sense, and it was hinted at with that girls boyfriend who they found in the conditioning room.

MagicallyAdept
04-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll keep watching to see what happens, but my sense of wonder and mystery (and interest) is fading quickly.

i do not even watch the show as it is too long and nothing really ever happens but i do love the idea and the mysteries behind it. I am really excited about the last few episodes that i might even watch the last couple. The way things have been set up and the spoilers that i have read make it sound very interesting especially learning about the history of DHARMA and the DeGroots flashback. Also the writers have said that they wanted to prove to the viewers that they had the whole 4 season story arc from the beginning. One of the ways to do this was to introduce aspects from the very start that might not make sense but when we find out the whole story at the end we can look back and go wow those parts in the start/middle make perfect sense now. One of these aspects will be the Adam and Eve skeletons. I love the idea of a long, pre-planned set up to a dramatic conclusion that makes the audience appreciative of great writing with twists that you cannot predict but understand the second time around (a la The Usual Suspects) when you know the real truth. But i think lost dragged things out too much and the flashbacks kind of annoy me.

My plan with Lost is to ignore the whole season until mid May, read the wiki, get all the story in one afternoon, get more information from people who watch the show a bit too closely therefore learning things most viewers ay perhaps miss, then watch the ending. That way i get the mystery and great story but save 23 hours a year. Bonus!

Magic.

automaton 3
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
How come the French lady didn't die if there is some kind of pregnancy problem on the island? Doesn't make sense.

We still watch the show, but are getting frustrated. Time for them to start wrapping things up.

metallicat
04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I have a question, as I just re-watched the episode. When the four of them are on their trek back to the rest of the camp, Juliet says to Jack that her people tied Sayeed to a swingset for three days, and then she handcuffed herself to Kate and dragged her out into the jungle. Does this mean that Jack is in on all of the stuff, or was she saying that in a joking way?

ken0042
04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Got myself caught up again last night. Yay for two episodes back to back in HD. :yay:

Oilers_fan- I think Jack knows. While that was going on he was trying to get onto the sub.

One Easter egg that I saw last night thanks to HD- the monk that "fires" desmond; he has a picture on his desk of himself with his mom. The mom is the woman that was in the jewlrey store who tells Desmond of his fate, and that he cannot change the future.

Here's my question- who was it that parachuted onto the island. It wasn't Penny, but she did mumble "Desmond" when they took off her mask.

Also, the satellite phone might prove interesting; if Sayed can get it working.

CaptainCrunch
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Got myself caught up again last night. Yay for two episodes back to back in HD. :yay:

Oilers_fan- I think Jack knows. While that was going on he was trying to get onto the sub.

One Easter egg that I saw last night thanks to HD- the monk that "fires" desmond; he has a picture on his desk of himself with his mom. The mom is the woman that was in the jewlrey store who tells Desmond of his fate, and that he cannot change the future.

Here's my question- who was it that parachuted onto the island. It wasn't Penny, but she did mumble "Desmond" when they took off her mask.

Also, the satellite phone might prove interesting; if Sayed can get it working.

It was a good episode last night, I did notice the similarities between the woman in the picture and the one in the store.

I guess we'll find out who the lady is, but how many thinks she's a messanger from the Hanso Foundation, its the only thing that makes sense. They've probably been monitoring the cameras from afair.

As far as the Satellite phone, they need to rig up a Gilligan's Island coconut based, bamboo stationary bike that generates electricity, or find a way to use the battery from the van to give it a charge.

Maritime Q-Scout
04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
just a thought as I'm going on memeory, and didn't really get a good look at the girl in the parachute, but could it be possible that it's the chick Desmond left at the alter?

CaptainCrunch
04-19-2007, 09:16 AM
just a thought as I'm going on memeory, and didn't really get a good look at the girl in the parachute, but could it be possible that it's the chick Desmond left at the alter?

Nope, I thought that too, but this girl looked latin or black.

ken0042
04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
^^ Agreed. I thought that at first too, but yeah, the girl he left hanging was pretty white.

Maritime Q-Scout
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
the girl he left hanging was pretty white.
whereas the one he cut down wasn't :hehehe:

sorry I had to go there

Heaton
04-19-2007, 09:42 AM
How come the French lady didn't die if there is some kind of pregnancy problem on the island? Doesn't make sense.

We still watch the show, but are getting frustrated. Time for them to start wrapping things up.

No kidding, that doesn't make sense at all.

ken0042
04-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, maybe Rouseau didn't die because that was 16 years ago. We know they had the cure 3 years ago- but we have no idea if they had it 16 years ago.

Also, Ben says he was born there. Which leads me to believe that the pregnancy problem didn't start until later on.

The other thing to keep in mind; is what the date on the island is. It is sometime around December 2004 there still; they've only been there less than 3 months.

CaptainCrunch
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, maybe Rouseau didn't die because that was 16 years ago. We know they had the cure 3 years ago- but we have no idea if they had it 16 years ago.

Also, Ben says he was born there. Which leads me to believe that the pregnancy problem didn't start until later on.

The other thing to keep in mind; is what the date on the island is. It is sometime around December 2004 there still; they've only been there less than 3 months.

And yet Hurley is still as big as a truck.

Maritime Q-Scout
04-19-2007, 09:53 AM
well the book is Portuguese with lends to the nationality of the parachutist. Sent to find Desmond more than likely, and a tie in to the season finale last year.

Secondly, it's been 10 years since I read Catch-22. Any possibly linkages between the book and what's going on in the TV show?

Manson?
04-19-2007, 10:04 AM
It was a good episode last night, I did notice the similarities between the woman in the picture and the one in the store.

I guess we'll find out who the lady is, but how many thinks she's a messanger from the Hanso Foundation, its the only thing that makes sense. They've probably been monitoring the cameras from afair.

As far as the Satellite phone, they need to rig up a Gilligan's Island coconut based, bamboo stationary bike that generates electricity, or find a way to use the battery from the van to give it a charge.

Don't you remember though at the end of last season when the wierd magnetic thing happened and at the very end of the episode it went to some other location with Penny and two guys just monitoring stuff. When they told her about it she said 'its him'

So I don't think its Hanso I think its her team of people trying to find him. Thats why the pilot had his picture and knew who he was.
Thats what I think.

comrade
04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm no helicopter expert, but my impression is that the range of a helicopter is not terribly far, compared to an airplane. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it must have taken off from somewhere reasonably near, probably a ship.

gottabekd
04-19-2007, 12:35 PM
I was thinking that too. I don't think helicopters normally have more than a few hours of fuel. That, and the thing that fell in the water sure didn't make a splash the size of a helicopter.

CaptainCrunch
04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I was thinking that too. I don't think helicopters normally have more than a few hours of fuel. That, and the thing that fell in the water sure didn't make a splash the size of a helicopter.

Depends on the helicopter, and if they've installed conformal fueld tanks, with those, a helicopter can practically cross the ocean.

If the Helicopter did crash, I'm guessing its because it was a one way mission. And the pilot went with the intent of jumping out.

metallicat
04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Pretty good episode last night, I guess I was hoping it was actually Penny in the parachute...maybe I'm too much of a sap.

metallicat
04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Thoughts on last nights show?

CaptainCrunch
04-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Thoughts on last nights show?

Pretty standard fare with the big twist at the end that the plane had been found and everyone was dead. I think its a lost leader so that everyone can go back to the theory that they're in hell.

I think that Hanso staged a fake crash scene with faked bodies so that they can cover up whats going on at the Island.

Nice to see the Korean couple getting back into the story line, they'd almost become background characters this year.

Loved the russian and his attempts to take the sat phone.

Maritime Q-Scout
04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
just watched the episode now

I defiantely want more information on them finding the plane.

Obviously the fence didn't kill the Russian dude, but just severley injured him, hence him being 'not dead' this episode.

Also explained Danielle's ability to give birth, conceived off-island.

I can see Juilette doing something to piss of Ben and actually get herself kicked out of "the others". I also wouldn't rule out John acting along with them and then using his knowledge against the others as well.

The phone is going to play into something... and was the only connection with the book by Joseph Heller the title of the last episode?

Bobblehead
05-07-2007, 10:38 AM
They have set an end date for Lost!
The Emmy-winning adventure series will run for 48 more episodes over three seasons. Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted.
link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070507/en_nm/lost_dc)

Isn't a season normally 22-24 shows? Is breaking 48 episodes into 3 seasons an effort to milk the franchise an extra year, and sell an extra set of DVDs?

Maritime Q-Scout
05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
They have set an end date for Lost!

link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070507/en_nm/lost_dc)

Isn't a season normally 22-24 shows? Is breaking 48 episodes into 3 seasons an effort to milk the franchise an extra year, and sell an extra set of DVDs?

if it is, I can respect that

however it seems there's a lot that goes into the show, continuity being the big thing. It seems like a show that's more difficult to film than most. I could be mistaken as I don't watch a whole lot of TV anymore (infact just hockey and Lost) so things might have changed with other 1 hour dramas.

Either way, I'm happy knowing that there's an end date, and that they'll keep me guessing another 3 years.

Barnes
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
This weeks episode should be good. Hanso foundation and Dharma based on the past. Looks like we will get to know Roger Workman as well.

Maritime Q-Scout
05-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Can't wait for Wednesday

G-73-mSvWF0

z8yHdz5KyKg

Juventus3
05-07-2007, 01:26 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/07/television.lost.reut/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

This story says the episodes will air without ads. That's awesome news.

3 more years of lost sounds about good, any longer would be a drag.

Mike F
05-07-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/07/television.lost.reut/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

If you're refering to this: "Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted", then you're a bit off -- it means no repeats, not no ads.

Bobblehead
05-07-2007, 01:53 PM

3 more years of lost sounds about good, any longer would be a drag.

Where did you see that?

If you refer to the "Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted." I took that to mean that there would be new episodes 16 weeks in a row, no repeats or weeks skipped.

If it does refer to commercials, that would be great but I don't see any network never showing a commercial during the entire run.

gottabekd
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Does anyone else think..."48 more episodes?!?! And I thought we were starting to get all the answers..."

I'm wondering if the story line will slow down a bit now.

metallicat
05-07-2007, 09:22 PM
BTW, great episode last week. I am really looking forward to Wednesday night now.

kootenayguy9
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
He BETTER Not be dead!

Maritime Q-Scout
05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Jacob comes to save him. How long do you think Ben's been on the island?

They don't age, Robert is it? The guy that gave Loche, Saywer's file. He hasn't aged at all since Ben was 8.

I want to know what happened to Annie, and Mikail (sp) was he part of the Darmha Initiative too?

Ben and Loche's characters are VERY similar. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob summoned John to the island to be Ben's replacement.

metallicat
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Richard didn't seem to age, did he?

Barnes
05-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Holy CRAP!

WHat an episode. I am trying to get to lostpedia but they seem to be down. So many places were visited in this episode. Gotta check out the blast door map.

Who are the others? They are the original inhabbitants of the island but how are they so well funded? Why are they still getting food drops on the island from Dharma? WTF?????

Jack's dad, Kate's Horse, Sayid's cat, Hurley's friend, Ben's mom.... WTF????

We know Dharma was involved in life extension experiments but Robert hasn't aged at all.

Who/what is Jacob? Why does he need help? WTF????

WTF?????

Jiggy_12
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
That whole Jacob thing was weird. I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Pagal4321
05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
all I have to say about this episode can be summed up by three letters....

WDF?!?!?!

Maritime Q-Scout
05-10-2007, 08:32 AM
alright, I just had a thought

anyone else thinking that the barracks doesn't have the same "mystical powers" the rest of the island does?

In the barracks Ben didn't get better (I assumed it was an act at first) but now he can walk. Also the people from the Dharma intiative got older, whereas the "hostiles" or "the others" didn't.

Could Jacob be the smoke monster?

Could Jacob be a split personality of Ben's?

Is Robert really in charge?

CaptainCrunch
05-10-2007, 08:47 AM

anyone else thinking that the barracks doesn't have the same "mystical powers" the rest of the island does?

In the barracks Ben didn't get better (I assumed it was an act at first) but now he can walk. Also the people from the Dharma intiative got older, whereas the "hostiles" or "the others" didn't.

Could Jacob be the smoke monster?

Could Jacob be a split personality of Ben's?

Those a great points.

The barracks might not have the power, but you also have to look at it as maybe ordinary people don't have the power that Locke and maybe Robert and Locke have. Remember that there have been incidents of illness and death on the island among the castaways, and there have been incidents of illness and deaths on with the others as well.

I thought that Jacob could be the smoke monster as well, but if it all goes back to Jacob being a split personality of Ben's then that means that Ben is the smoke monster.

I don't think Robert is in charge of anything, I think he's a right hand man, or the high priest of the Island, he clearly knows about Jacob, the question that needs to be answered is was Jacob in play before Ben arrived on the Island. If Robert is the hight priest of the Island, then Ben is certainly its jesus figure, and surviving his cancer, and getting out of the wheel chair is certainly a Jesus rising off of the cross moment, and interestingly enough, Locke has gone through the same thing.

I do believe that Locke will amazingly heal of ressurect from his gunshot wound next week, so he will go through a second Jesus coming off of the cross moment.

I do think that Jack if we're going by the heaven and hell theory is going to be the devil character, especially if he is cast out of the tribe for siding with Juliet.

I also found it interesting that there was a ring of ash around Jacob's home. There are some ancient spells that talk about using circles of ash or soot to contain a demon in a living space.

Obviously I don't but the whole they're in hell and they're all dead theory, but the show is certainly trying to point us in that direction, look for the cliff hanger moment next week to try to push us firmly into that camp.

Disco_Stu
05-10-2007, 09:00 AM

First of all.....who is this Robert ppl are talking about? Do you mean Richard. (The one who gave Sawyer the file and who young Ben met in the woods when first escaping)

I personally believe that it is locke himself and the island has some sort of healing presence. Ben didn't start to get better until Locke showed up and he was sure around when Rose got better.

If that is the case then i hope that Locke isn't indeed dead and can somehow get saved (maybe with Jacob's help)..

But i do agree with what everyone else is saying......WDF???:eek: :eek: :eh:

Bobblehead
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Actually, it isn't Robert - his name is Richard. Richard Alpert played by Nestor Carbonell (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004801/) (he played Batmanuel in the live action The Tick, among many other things)

Maritime Q-Scout
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
yep I mean Richard, sorry folks.

My brain was trying to comprehend what was going on, and I'm bad with names to begin with. I assumed if Robert was wrong it would have been corrected in the first post after mine.

My apologies

Robert = Richard

Also going through Lostpedia apparently you can see Jacob for a split second. (He kinda looks like Richard Hatch from Survivor in the bad, poorly lit, half second screen shot they have of him on the website)

Disco_Stu
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM
yep I mean Richard, sorry folks.

Also going through Lostpedia apparently you can see Jacob for a split second. (He kinda looks like Richard Hatch from Survivor in the bad, poorly lit, half second screen shot they have of him on the website)

I really like that theory on lostpedia where they talked about Locke and Ben being half brothers. They both have a mother named Emily and the previous time we saw Locke's mom was when his Dad was conning him out of his kidney. Maybe Locke Sr. had a romp with Ben's mom (as a con) and that is one reason why Ben's dad hated him so much.

It also brings in the whole biblical element thing into it.....

And what the hell was with Richard not aging since the flashback. By all accounts he should be like 80 yrs old?

Maritime Q-Scout
05-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I really like that theory on lostpedia where they talked about Locke and Ben being half brothers. They both have a mother named Emily and the previous time we saw Locke's mom was when his Dad was conning him out of his kidney. Maybe Locke Sr. had a romp with Ben's mom (as a con) and that is one reason why Ben's dad hated him so much.

It also brings in the whole biblical element thing into it.....

And what the hell was with Richard not aging since the flashback. By all accounts he should be like 80 yrs old?

whose to say that the girl that told Loche she was his mom was actually his mother and not part of the con? His dad would have known his mother's name and then found someone to help him with his deception.

Maritime Q-Scout
05-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Next week's previews:

MNG-ViNjp2w

metallicat
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Are there just two episodes left until the season's over?

Cerebral
05-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Are there just two episodes left until the season's over?
Yep, but the last episode is two hours.

My prediction: Locke makes a return in the final episode of the season and Ben ends up dying.

gottabekd
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
For the obsessive: 11 Frames of Jacob from last night's episode. (http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html)

CaptainCrunch
05-10-2007, 09:06 PM
holy crap its Kris Kristopherson

MrMastodonFarm
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Last night's episode was a killer, and I can't wait for next weeks two-hour season finale.

When Lost is on, it is easily one of the best shows on TV.. great writing last night. Charlie apparently escapes death again, but I still think he gets it next week.

CaptainCrunch
05-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Last nights episode made up for what I thought was a fairly stagnant season which is good.

I still can't see Charile dying because its just too obvious, I also can't see a rescue helicopter coming in to save Claire and her baby, thats just too Michaelish.

I think there will be a wholesale harvesting of main characters next week with my main choice being Sayeed.

Bobblehead
05-17-2007, 09:35 AM
The big question to me is are the prople in Looking Glass Others, or are they remains of the Dharma Project?

MrMastodonFarm
05-17-2007, 09:39 AM
The big question to me is are the prople in Looking Glass Others, or are they remains of the Dharma Project?
I gotta think they are the Others still.. The Others seemed hell bent on destroying the Dharma people and blondie said Ben was in control of the signal.

But my track record of guessing anything that happens on this show is about 0%.

Bobblehead
05-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I gotta think they are the Others still.. The Others seemed hell bent on destroying the Dharma people and blondie said Ben was in control of the signal.

But my track record of guessing anything that happens on this show is about 0%.

True.

But Juliette also said she had never been there and Ben told her they had lost contact. That would be right in line with Ben not admitting about anything he doesn't have control over. Also, unless an Other got down there they wouldn't have been able to gas them when the Others took over.

One thing that always bugs me. Why is it so easy to knock someone unconcious on TV? Unless they are in a fight in which case they can take in human punishment (caveat - if someone sneaks up behind them while in aforementioned fight, a hit to the head will still knock them unconcious, even if it it with fragile pottery)

Fozzie_DeBear
05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I have a guess that Richard and the 'Original' genocidal others were the crew of the dynamite/slave sailing ship they find in the jungle...

Disco_Stu
05-17-2007, 10:06 AM
I have a feeling that the two ladies down in the looking glass are not from Dharma or the Others. Maybe they have something to do with Penny (I thought i heard that they were going to bring that angle back for the season finale)....

The only reason why i say that is because in the preview they show Charlie tied to a chair and them beating and interigating him. The others don't seem to do this and always have an air of 'we know what you're doing before you even do it' appeal to me.

Either way the finale should be good and apparently there is some big "GameChanger" that is suppose to have ppl talking....its going to be a tough week keeping away from the spoilers so i can be suprised......

Maritime Q-Scout
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Hrmmm the Looking Glass is interesting. What is the cable? Power, communications, keeping the station from floating away? If it's either of the first two (which I would naturally assume) then why not use explosives to break the cable?

Are they "The Others/Hostiles"? I'm not sure, they did have access to the submarine, so I would assume that without the abilty to leave the station and get food and supplies, they must be "the others". Now that also begs the question how much supplies do they have? How are the surviving?

The other thing is we know the show will go until 2010, and that each episode is roughly a day. Therefore they'll be on the island another 50 days or so. Meaning that if Charlie does indeed push the button and that causes the helicopter to come it's not until another 3 season . . . OR he pushed the button tomorrow and the time differential is another three seasons.

I did think it was cool that Drive Shaft took off with Charlie's "death".

I was also a fan of Charlie writing down the 5 best moments in his life, something I think I'm going to try and work on over the next few days.

Top Shelf
05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
For some reason, I thought the two chicks in the Looking Glass were the same two Finnish girls Charlie was in bed with in one of his flashbacks...

CaptainCrunch
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I thought that there were two pretty stupid angles in last nights show that I couldn't get around.

1 obviously the cable looks like a fibre optic or power cable, why wouldn't they just cut it first and see what happens.

2 The crashed plane had to have an emergency oxygen supply, so why didn't they grab a couple of bottles of air and one of the drop masks and rig it to whoever was diving for the station.

Incogneto
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
There are spoilers all over the internet about next weeks episode.

Lets just say that the twist at the end is worth the build up! :|

Maritime Q-Scout
05-17-2007, 11:04 AM

you're not allowed to read spoilers :eek:

that's like looking for and finding your Christmas presents before Christmas . . . it ruins the fun!

Shame, shame on you InCoGnEtO, you bring much shame to you, you and your house :no:

Incogneto
05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
you're not allowed to read spoilers :eek:

that's like looking for and finding your Christmas presents before Christmas . . . it ruins the fun!

Shame, shame on you InCoGnEtO, you bring much shame to you, you and your house :no:

what can I say...I am a sucker for spoilers....and yeah, I used to find my presents before X-mas too!

Nosey as a MF'er!

Disco_Stu
05-17-2007, 12:40 PM

I heard about that big spoiler surfing through the net about the last two episodes (and he was right about yesterday's episode).

I really would rather be suprised by the twist but i may end up walking around with my fingers in my ears.....

Language
05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Well that was unexpected.

I won't say anything because I know many of you haven't watched the episode yet. I usually tune in later but I wanted to see the finale so much that I tuned into the Nova Scotia early feed.

I didn't read any of the spoilers posted so I'm going to take a look at them now and see if what was said before is what actually happened.

Don't forget to watch tonight!

Juventus3
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm about 2 minutes in, and more confused than any previous time in my life.

MrMastodonFarm
05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow!!! Just finished watching.. dunno how many people have seen it yet.. but wow.

Top Shelf
05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, just finished as well, interesting ending, will discuss more tomorrow after i've thought about it some more

CaptainCrunch
05-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I have some theories, but I'll wait until after the later show to put them up.

Bobblehead
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Since it just ended for Calgary I guess it is safe to discuss.....

Soooo, the whole Jack thing was a flash forward, but then why would Jack say to compare how drunk he is with his father? His father was dead.

MrMastodonFarm
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Bobblehead, that's why I couldn't figure out as well. Okay, it's a flash forward.. but who was the dad who gave him the perscription..who was the dad he was refering too etc etc, his dad is dead...

That was Charlie's best episode though, he was hilarious and very likeable throughout.

Was Ben right about that ship? Because if it isn't Penny's boat..

Bobblehead
05-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Why did Charlie shut the door? It isn't like the whole thing would suddenly fill with water. If they had scuba equipment they would have had plenty of time to get out. Heck they could have shut the hatch behind him. And there still should have been an air pocket in the top of the room he was in. It just seemed all...wrong.

And why did Kate tell Jack not to contact her anymore?

Top Shelf
05-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Why did Charlie shut the door? It isn't like the whole thing would suddenly fill with water. If they had scuba equipment they would have had plenty of time to get out. Heck they could have shut the hatch behind him. And there still should have been an air pocket in the top of the room he was in. It just seemed all...wrong.

And why did Kate tell Jack not to contact her anymore?

1. I think it was because in Desmonds vision, he see Claire getting rescued. At that point, I think that was all Charlie cared about, fulfilling the vision.

2. No clue, i'm curious who died though?

gottabekd
05-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Who died? One of the Losties, I'm sure.

So, if Jack's dad is alive in the future...when are they? Time travelling?

jroc
05-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Jack was freaking hopping around on a wack load of prescription drugs and was all boozed up. Did nobody else see the crazy factor with Jack!?!?! Just because he said his dad was still alive, does not mean that his dad was in fact alive. Plus it's not like his dad was just around to answer the call, he was "out of town" or something of the sort.

The part that i found weirder about the flashforwards, is that Kate was part of basic civilization and not behind bars. Would anyone be let off the hook just because they have suffered through a traumatizing plane crash?... I wouldnt think so.

Trojan97
05-23-2007, 10:06 PM
One possibility is the flash forward could be a Desmond premonition. Perhaps he is seeing this as he is leaving the underwater hatch. That would setup the season 4 premier of Desmond having to find the castaways in order to "warn" Jack of his future before he leaves the island.

I just really hope the show doesn't shift from the island onto mainland.

Heaton
05-23-2007, 10:09 PM
One possibility is the flash forward could be a Desmond premonition. Perhaps he is seeing this as he is leaving the underwater hatch. That would setup the season 4 premier of Desmond having to find the castaways in order to "warn" Jack of his future before he leaves the island.

I just really hope the show doesn't shift from the island onto mainland.

Could be something lame like a dream too.

CaptainCrunch
05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok, a couple of thoughts.

I figure that its Ben in the box, it makes sense to me since Locke looks like he's going to become the main conduit with jacob, and he dosen't want to leave the Island.

Jacks having the same premonition as Desmond did, thats why Desmond wasn't having anymore visions, as it stands they're still on the Island and the rescue hasn't come yet, but Jack is seeing whats going to happen to his life if they do get off of the Island.

A cryptic story by Ben who had to make a decision that killed 40 people, and Jack would have to make that decision, I don't think he was referring to the shooting of the three men on the beach.

Remember that the Island has a big box and anything that you wish for will appear, what if before they get off of the Island, Jack wants to reconcile with his father and wishes him back to life, thats the only explaination for him referring to his father in the present tense.

The only reason why Kate dosen't want to talk to Jack in the future is that he somehow betrays Sawyer, is this part of the life and death decision that he will make.

Walt makes a reappearance, he has aged a ton, but is it Walt or is it the Island or Jacob talking to him.

Another Angel attachment as the actor who played Gunn makes an appearance as the concerned doctor.

jroc
05-23-2007, 10:23 PM
thats the only explaination for him referring to his father in the present tense.

Prescription drugs + Alchohol = Wacko

CaptainCrunch
05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Prescription drugs + Alchohol = Wacko

Don't buy it, we're not talking about reality here, we're talking about a show that tries to constantly screw us over with incredible coincidences and unexplainable situations.

jroc
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Okay... but then why would he tell the new chief of surgery (In which i would presume replaced his father) that his father is upstairs in the hospital and willing to talk to him. The hospital in which that canned him for being drunk on the job, resulting in a patients death?

CaptainCrunch
05-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Okay... but then why would he tell the new chief of surgery (In which i would presume replaced his father) that his father is upstairs in the hospital and willing to talk to him. The hospital in which that canned him for being drunk on the job, resulting in a patients death?

Don't know, but the chief of surgery also didn't correct Jack with the fact that Jack's dad can't be asked because he's well dead.

And just because his old man is in the hospital dosen't really mean that he's a doctor.

jroc
05-23-2007, 10:32 PM
for your first point, IIRC Jack never gave him another chance to speak, and he just stormed out. (i could be wrong though)

and i previously thought about your second point and it very well could be true.

JiriHrdina
05-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Dear Heroes,

That's how you end a season,

Sincerely,
Lost

Flame On
05-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Dear Heroes,

Sincerely,
Lost
haha good post. Gotta say I agree. Heroes was good but for some reason just couldn't live up to expectations.
The crazy switch that in fact Jack was in the present tense and not in a flashback blew me away!

Jiggy_12
05-24-2007, 12:06 AM
That was a pretty neat episode. Definitely had me fooled with the whole flashforward thing.

Who's in the coffin? Jack said it was neither a friend or family, and Kate seemed offended at the idea of being there when Jack mentioned it. Ben maybe? Locke?

I guess this tells us that eventually they do get rescued. with 2 more seasons to play out, I'll assume this boat isnt the one to make the rescue.

Bertuzzied
05-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Dear Heroes,

Sincerely,
Lost

Wow no kidding. I guess heroes needed a 2hour finale.

I'm thinking it's Sawyer in the coffin. Jack prob forged his dad's prescription since he's all wacked out. Kate looks really good with makeup. Glad the hobbit is finally off the show, Claire needs to join him.

atb
05-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I think it was just one of the survivors in the coffin, one that Jack new as a survivor but was never friends with.

I think that when Ben said the phone call would result in the 40 survivors dying, he didn't mean instantly. Instead, once they were rescued the survivors began to die off, possibly because of the whole fate/destiny thing going on with the island. Jack's a mess because he feels responsible for all their deaths by getting them rescued.

Jiggy_12
05-24-2007, 12:24 AM
One thing with Jack's father and such,

he said his Dad was "upstairs"...which could be interpreted as upstairs as in heaven.

Bertuzzied
05-24-2007, 12:32 AM
I think it was just one of the survivors in the coffin, one that Jack new as a survivor but was never friends with.

I don't think so. He showed Kate the clipping and she looked disgusted and said "why would I go?"

That Ben guy is a really good actor. His eyes are as freaky as hell. Nice to see him get pummelled again. hehe

It took me 4 channels and non HD to finish watching this at 1210am. I HATE Bell!

Eagle Eye
05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I was totally expecting not to know if Jin, Bernard and Syid were alive until next years episodes. It was actually nice to get some answers to the island (although there were now a ton more). It was also nice to see a bunch of the Others die, but I have a feeling that the survivors will regret that at some point.

Flame On
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
That was a pretty neat episode. Definitely had me fooled with the whole flashforward thing.

Who's in the coffin? Jack said it was neither a friend or family, and Kate seemed offended at the idea of being there when Jack mentioned it. Ben maybe? Locke?

I guess this tells us that eventually they do get rescued. with 2 more seasons to play out, I'll assume this boat isnt the one to make the rescue.
I also thought of Ben in that context. Also from what I saw of the casket it wasn't the biggest ever.
Do we think Kate was leaving to go back with Sawyer?

Disco_Stu
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Wow...that finale sure makes up for a fairly subpar, unexciting season all around. I didn't catch on to the flash forward till the the 2nd last scene where Jack is drunk in his room looking at all those maps. Good twist.

I initially thought that it was Sawyer in the coffin but now i am thinking it is someone else...maybe Ben (but i don't see him ever leaving the island). I don't know why Kate would scawl at Jack for in the last scene when he brought it up especially since it looks like she could be pregnent with Sawyers kid.

Good to see an appearence by Walt (an older walt)...i think that he is an image from Jacob (probably the smoke monster) or so we are led to believe. Locke looks like the heir apparent.

I am really interested to the new angles they are throwing out, especially the quote by Ben "These are the bad guys"....should make for new twists and turns, especially the fact that now Jack and crew might need to look to Ben for help as his role may turn from bad guy to good guy. My guess is we're going to find out that Penny's dad is behind it all. (Thats why parachute girl had Desmond's picture)

All in all, good way to end a year.....

Bobblehead
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Lock saw Walt, Kate saw her horse, Jack saw his dad, Ben saw his mom, the island seems to do these things to guide people into necessary actions, be it to kill them or save them. Personally, I think it is an example of Deus Ex Machina, but with the whole mystery theme it fits.

Flame On
05-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Next season is Through the Looking Glass, where this one was Alice in Wonderland. So following that it should be all about getting back there.
I think it will flip and we follow the survivors lives in the present and get flashbacks to the island.

CaptainCrunch
05-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Next season is Through the Looking Glass, where this one was Alice in Wonderland. So following that it should be all about getting back there.
I think it will flip and we follow the survivors lives in the present and get flashbacks to the island.

Interesting theory and I like it.

What if the story line next year is even more from a view of the others, and really portraying the survivors as the villians and the possible causes of thier destruction.

It would get us more of a sense of jacob, whether they control the monster and other issues.

Then the next season brings it all together.

MolsonInBothHands
05-24-2007, 09:30 AM

That's exactly what I predict as well. I didn't catch Jack looking at the maps, were they maps of the island? I never had a clue it was flashing forward until Kate got out of the car. Whether Jack's father is alive in this future seems to be a critical question, is this an alternate reality, or is it happening?

Perhaps they were all meant to die in the crash, but the island pulled them in because the others wanted children so badly. The rest of the world perceives them as dead, and in fact they are, until they escape the island. This would be in fact cheating fate, and escaping death. Next season may centre more around Desmond having visions of Losties facing their inevitable demise.

I think it is Ben in the coffin, which devastates Jack because Jack sees Ben as the key to getting back to the island. Other possibilities could be Locke or Desmond. If Locke leaves the island, he has been forced off, Rose as well.

A great episode, and Charlie's best. And way to go Hurley!!! :#1:

Flame On
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Interesting theory and I like it.

What if the story line next year is even more from a view of the others, and really portraying the survivors as the villians and the possible causes of thier destruction.

It would get us more of a sense of jacob, whether they control the monster and other issues.

Then the next season brings it all together.
I think somehow the monster (smoke thing) is Jacob, or at least a version of him/it.
Good point about seeing things from the Other's perspective. But why did Ben have to be so cryptic and distrustful, if in fact he did have good intentions all along? He certainly didn't foster support from within even his own ranks. (Not asking you in an accusatory way, just raising questions as if the show hasn't done enough of that :) )

CaptainCrunch
05-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I think somehow the monster (smoke thing) is Jacob, or at least a version of him/it.
Good point about seeing things from the Other's perspective. But why did Ben have to be so cryptic and distrustful, if in fact he did have good intentions all along? He certainly didn't foster support from within even his own ranks. (Not asking you in an accusatory way, just raising questions as if the show hasn't done enough of that :) )

I don't think the monsters or apparations are JAcob, I think he's distinct from those things and here's my reason.

When they went to Jacob's cabin it was surrounded by a circle of ash. If you look at any kind of demon lore, a circle of ash contains and traps an entity and his ability to spread his evil within that area, and within that reality. Jacob could be the actual spirt of the island, but as far as I can figure he's trapped. Thats why he asked Locke for helo IMHO.

Ben didn't need the support of his people or the trust of his people, remember he has a higher calling, he does everything to protect the island, he dosen't care about his people or the survivors, and he only tries to foster trust when its required. IE his phony apology to the Russian.

Unlike Jack, Ben is not fighting for the survival of his tribe, they're an afterthought, just like his daughter is an afterthought. Everything he does is for that hunk of rock.

JBR
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Too bad Tom was shot. I liked his characted actually. I will have to watch it again. I watched it on CTVHD and was expecting the full 2hours after American Idol. When A.Idol was over (late) they just started playing the last 50 minutes or so of LOST. I then had to wait until 10pm to watch the first 70 minutes of LOST. I was tired and a bit confused.