PDA

View Full Version : Reflex Wiperblades...

Maritime Q-Scout
02-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm about to invest in new wiperblades for the car (the streaks are really starting to get to me on my current ones) and I was wondering if anyone had any experiances good or bad with the new reflect wiperblades?

The concept seems neat and should work in theory, just wondering if they do work in reality, or is it a case like communism where it works in theory but not in practice?

TimSJ
02-02-2007, 09:52 AM
they are not great in the winter i find. Great for rain though

Bobblehead
02-02-2007, 09:53 AM
On my wife's Grand Am one direction they would work great but on the way back they would chatter.

burn_baby_burn
02-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I find that they are great for rain. Not bad for winter, better than anything else I have ever used for winter. The thing I find with wiper blades is that they all suck. These just suck less than the rest.

jolinar of malkshor
02-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Why don;t they make wiper blades that can be heated....like a rear window frost heater....that way ice won't build up on it. Not sure how it would be done...but I am sure it can be.

I know they sell those dohickies that you can attach to the cars wiper fluid that heats up the washer fluid.....but I am not sure if that really works. Anyone have one of those?

GoinAllTheWay
02-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Why don;t they make wiper blades that can be heated....like a rear window frost heater....that way ice won't build up on it. Not sure how it would be done...but I am sure it can be.

I know they sell those dohickies that you can attach to the cars wiper fluid that heats up the washer fluid.....but I am not sure if that really works. Anyone have one of those?

I've actualy thought of your idea before myself, seems like a no brainer doesn't it? Can't belive it's not available, ice build up is really the only reason most blades blow.

I've seen the heated washer fluid myself, sounds like a great idea but I would be nervous about spraying warm washer fluid on a frozen window. I know it's safety glass but still...

lazy_programmer
02-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Anybody have any suggestions as to other good types of wipers? I've seen teflon ones and such, but really have no idea as I have been just buying the cheapest ones.

fredr123
02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I've got Reflex blades on my mazda 3. The blades that came with the car and the ones supplied by mazda suck balls. The Reflex blades were much better but not perfect. I agree they're better in the spring than the winter.

Resolute 14
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Same as above for me. I find they are no better in the winter than any other blades. They are, however, a hell of a lot better than the blades I used to have, so I am satisfied with them.

JBR
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I knew there was a reason why they fired that Canadian Tire goof. Frickin' LIAR!!

shane_c
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
They didn't fit right on the windshield of my Vibe. The passenger side one wasn't even touching the windshield for about 1" at the end of the blade. I had them on for about 10 minutes, took them off and got my money back.

Rathji
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
My wife bought a pair for her Saturn and after about a month or so they kinda turned up at the end, then a couple weeks later then corrected themselves. Other than that, they seem ok , and the 1 year money back thing seems like it makes it worth while.

FFR
02-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I bought the reflex wiperblades for my cavalier becuase they were supposed to "never ice up" in the winter. Well guess what. They ice up, and they ice up badly. They aren't terrible blades for removing water, but I'm quite disappointed with them considering how much money I spent on them.