PDA

View Full Version : Tax Time.....Advice Needed

kipperfan
02-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Ok everyone...need a little help. I have never done my taxes myself before with the tax software....but have heard its cheap and easy and was wondering if anyone had any tips on which programs are good/ which ones bad....or just any general advice about filing taxes yourself with the software would also be appreciated!

Also I should note I use a Mac...which in my limited research I have found does limit my program choices.

I-Hate-Hulse
02-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Giggle. Where's that smug Mac ad guy now? ;)

The web based tax programs like at ufile.ca and quicktaxweb.ca are probably your best best. TaxTron looks like an unfinished CompSci101 project as I'm told by Mac users I know.

return to the red
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
quicktax is what I have used but I don't use a Mac so I don't know. I've been filing my own taxes for some time now and it's very easy when you only have T4's RRSP contributions and T2202A's. Anything beyond that I would take it to a professional

ken0042
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I've use ufile.ca for the past few years. It's only $16- which being just one person works out good for me. When you are done and you've efiled you can save a PDF of your entire return in case you need it later on.

Inferno
02-01-2007, 09:40 PM
I've use ufile.ca for the past few years. It's only $16- which being just one person works out good for me. When you are done and you've efiled you can save a PDF of your entire return in case you need it later on.

I use Ufile.ca too but I havent had to pay anything because I've made under 20k.

Devils'Advocate
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm on a Mac as well, so uFile is about your only option. So it's a good thing that it's a decent option.

I'm cheap *******, so I log into uFile, let it do all the calculations and then I write them out in pen onto the paper forms. All to save $16.

cSpooge
02-01-2007, 10:13 PM
If you make less then 28K/year(for a single individual) you can go to the Harry Hays building and they will do your taxes for free. They do them on saturdays from 8am till about 2pm, but go early if you want to get em done.

Fozzie_DeBear
02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm on a Mac as well, so uFile is about your only option. So it's a good thing that it's a decent option.

I'm cheap *******, so I log into uFile, let it do all the calculations and then I write them out in pen onto the paper forms. All to save $16.

LMAO awesome!