PDA

View Full Version : ~ Roads are pure crap (Feb. 1) ~

Jayems
02-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Just a warning to those that may not know yet. A huge snow storm has moved in since 11pm and the roads are absolute junk. White out conditions in the NW, and its coming down hard, and the wind is creating quite the difficult drive. Took me almost 50 minutes to get home from hockey, usually a 15 minute drive.

Going to be a bitch on the drive to work tomorrow.

Forgot to mention that on the drive to hockey, the roads were soaked with wet snow. (as opposed to the dry snow...) but you know what I mean. So, chances are, that there is some good ice underneath that snow too.

Just a heads up, should probably give yourselves lots of time.

Nehkara
02-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Just a warning to those that may not know yet. A huge snow storm has moved in since 11pm and the roads are absolute junk. White out conditions in the NW, and its coming down hard, and the wind is creating quite the difficult drive. Took me almost 50 minutes to get home from hockey, usually a 15 minute drive.

Going to be a bitch on the drive to work tomorrow.

Forgot to mention that on the drive to hockey, the roads were soaked with wet snow. (as opposed to the dry snow...) but you know what I mean. So, chances are, that there is some good ice underneath that snow too.

Just a heads up, should probably give yourselves lots of time.

I concur!

The roads are absolute trash and the visibility is almost non-existent. Very slippery too. Be careful folks!

shane_c
02-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I have about had it with Calgary drivers. They absolutely can't drive when a bit of snow falls. Took me 2 hrs and 15 minutes to get home last night. Usually it's a 30-40 minute drive. The drive to work wasn't much better this morning, 1 hr 50 minutes. If you hear on the radio tonight about some guy losing it on the Deerfoot and pretending that he's in the Demolision Derby then that's me. I'm about to snap.

ken0042
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
If you hear on the radio tonight about some guy losing it on the Deerfoot and pretending that he's in the Demolision Derby then that's me. I'm about to snap.

Sweet!

Hey- do you mind giving me a ride home tonight? :D

shane_c
02-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Sweet!

Hey- do you mind giving me a ride home tonight? :D

Nothing is safe. Not even your "express" bus.

MattyK
02-01-2007, 01:19 PM
We got a dump of snow up in Edmonton as well, though it doesn't take amazing driving skills to drive in the stuff. Same can be said of any city that just had a snowstorm, though. It's not hard, people. Don't let the sensationalism in the media scare you into thinking you can't drive. City roads are just fine.

That being said, my parents drove into town from their acreage yesterday, then slept over at my place instead of driving back. It has to say something about the conditions of the highways when my dad's too afraid to go out on them.