03.01.07 Regina, SK The Distrikt
03.02.07 Calgary, AB MacEwan Ballroom
03.03.07 Edmonton, AB The Starlight Room
03.04.07 Saskatoon, SK Louie's

Any fans here?

Can't f'ing wait.

V
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
I can't believe I'm out of town when these guys are here. I'd love to see them live.

AFireInside
01-31-2007, 11:12 PM
I absolutely cannot wait for this show. Missed them the last time they played a couple years ago. This band has not put out a bad album in my opinion should be a great show.

Engine09
02-01-2007, 01:10 AM
So far I only see the Saskatoon show up on Ticketmaster. If anyone hears about Megatunes or Sloth selling, let us know!

AFireInside
02-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Megatunes in Edmonton has been selling them for a week a half at least. I would assume the same in Calgary? I'd check pretty fast they don't tour often.

Rhettzky
02-01-2007, 09:16 AM
That's awesome news. Last time I saw them was when the G8 was in town and they put on an amazing show. This is going to be kick ass.

Why are they going to Sask, AB and then back to Sask though? Usually they hit Sask, Edm, Calgary and then play in Banff. The Banff show is always the best because it's a way smaller crowd and better atmosphere. Oh well, this is the best news I've heard all year!!

FlamingLonghorn
02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Isn't it only one original member? I haven't followed them for a couple years. I know the bassist is in the Weakerthans and the guitarist left after the last album so whose in it now?

Rhettzky
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
So far I only see the Saskatoon show up on Ticketmaster. If anyone hears about Megatunes or Sloth selling, let us know!

MegaTunes is now selling them for $17.50.

troutman
02-01-2007, 10:03 AM
What does this mean for the Weakerthans? They are supposed to have a new record this year.

Sharpen 'Em
02-01-2007, 10:33 AM
What does this mean for the Weakerthans? They are supposed to have a new record this year.

The original bass player from Propaghandi left the band and started the Weakerthans about ten years ago. That's the only connection between the two bands.

Hockey related Propaghandi lyric...

"i don't want to be the steve smith of the revolution. do you see the analogy? we're the oilers, the World bank- the flames! and just 2 minutes remain in the 7th game of the best of 7 series! yeah, jesus saves! gretzky scores! the workers slave. the rich get more. one wrong move and we risk the cup so play the man, not the puck."

Engine09
02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
MegaTunes is now selling them for $17.50.

Thanks dude, haven't even had a chance to call yet. Looks like I'll be trudging down 17th through the snow after work!

Yeah, John Samson hasn't been in Propagandhi for over 7 years. I like the Weakerthans also, but I crap my pants when Propagandhi comes to town. Last show they played here was some benefit at Mac Hall, must have been '02.

Edit: Oops, already covered. I guess it has been closer to 10 years.

Isn't it only one original member? I haven't followed them for a couple years. I know the bassist is in the Weakerthans and the guitarist left after the last album so whose in it now?

Same 2 of 3 members since Samson left. Chris was f'ing around on the last album and gave himself another name in the liner notes.