PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work at Bank of Montreal?

Bertuzzied
01-31-2007, 08:01 AM
If you are switching to another bank, i'm sure they can request it for you. I'm sure it's easier for them to go through their back office.

return to the red
01-31-2007, 08:22 AM
I desparately need a Mortgage Payout Statement and they are refusing to give it. I bet it is a simple request, yet they are screwing me becuase they are losing my mortgage. I seem to have no recourse. Hoping someone here can push the three buttons necessary?

That's rediculous, I have my mortgage with BMO and have never had any problems like that at all (except the Lady I deal with here in Lethbridge is an absolute MORON)

return to the red
01-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Fotze check your PM

Bertuzzied
01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Yes but someone (the new lender), screwed up and waited too long to request it so now I am trying to do it myself, because possession is Friday.

Off to a good start with the new institution I see. hehe

I hate banks. The only decent offering by the banks was Mbanx about 5 years ago. You could take out money from any ATM anytime for no fee. I guess they were losing massive money so when they cancelled the service, they gave me close to $800.

fredr123
01-31-2007, 09:22 AM
From the Law of Property Act, RSA 2000 c. L-7:

38(1) The Court has jurisdiction and shall grant relief from the consequences of the breach of a covenant or the non‑payment of principal or interest by a mortgagor or purchaser in any case in which the mortgagor or purchaser remedies the breach of covenant or pays all the arrears due under the mortgage or agreement for sale with lawful costs and charges in that behalf
(a) at any time before a judgment is recovered, or
(b) within a time that by the practice of the Court relief in it could be obtained.
(2) The mortgagor or purchaser may, by notice in writing, require the mortgagee or vendor to furnish the mortgagor or purchaser with a statement in writing
(a) of the nature of the breach of any covenant, or
(b) of the amount of principal or interest with respect to which the mortgagor or purchaser is in default,
and of the amount of any expenses necessarily incurred by the mortgagee or the vendor.
(3) A mortgagor or purchaser may, not more than twice a year by notice in writing to the mortgagee or vendor, require the mortgagee or vendor, as the case may be, to furnish, to the mortgagor or purchaser or a person designated by the mortgagor or purchaser, without charging any fee or expense or accepting any amount for so doing, a statement in writing setting out with respect to the mortgage or agreement for sale
(a) the amount of principal, interest and any other charges owing, and
(b) the balance in the tax account.

You can ask for one not more than twice a year and get it without cost. Tell them to suck your balls and do their job.

Titan
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Tell them to suck your balls and do their job. :eek:

That is how most lawyers end their demand letters. I love it.m This really made me laugh. Maybe I was not expecting it after quoting statute. Hilarious.

Devils'Advocate
01-31-2007, 06:38 PM
BMO really seem to like to screw people over when they lose their business. In 2003, I moved my personal loan, direct deposit/chequing and credit card to another bank. When I called BMO Mastercard to cancel, the clerk felt it necessary to change my mailing address, so I didn't get my final bill. I didn't think anything of it until a year later when a collection agency came looking for the money on the last bill ($100). My credit rating is still f'ed because of it. Credit Union declined my loan application just last week because of it. (TD granted the loan this week at a better interest rate)

RedHot25
01-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Look Fotze, you take your money away and look what happens.... ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/31/bmo.html

Incinerator
02-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Look Fotze, you take your money away and look what happens.... ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/31/bmo.html

Holy crap I didn't know engineers are that loaded...come on fotze, be nice & spread the dough :D