PDA

View Full Version : Cig Burn in Cloth Car Seat!!!

Flames89
01-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Anyone know how to repair a serious burn in my cloth car seat?

It is about the size of a dime, in an obvious location. ANY fix would make it look better than it is now, and a fix could allow the story to change from "was a cig burn" to "was a rip in the seat".

HELP.

TimSJ
01-29-2007, 08:28 AM
there are lots of fabric repair places out there. Any of them should be able to do a decent job

ShaolinFlame
01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
ahahahahahaha my evil buddy rears his ugly head.
i have 5 seat cig burns, ash all over the driver window frame where i miss ashng out the window, instead ashing all over myself and door (ay que greens). also got cig holes in 70% of my pants and a few shirts. i just bite the bullet, fealing it adds to the rugged persona of my jeep. on a side note, if the hole is big enough, ur stoned friends will put their fingers in it liek 5 year olds making it way bigger, or your five year old.

Hemi-Cuda
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
i have 5 seat cig burns, ash all over the driver window frame where i miss ashng out the window, instead ashing all over myself and door (ay que greens). also got cig holes in 70% of my pants and a few shirts. i just bite the bullet, fealing it adds to the rugged persona of my jeep. on a side note, if the hole is big enough, ur stoned friends will put their fingers in it liek 5 year olds making it way bigger, or your five year old.

maybe it's time to think about not smoking in the car?

ShaolinFlame
01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
all the burns are in the back, and you know what they say... out of sight out of mind? a little ash on the door neva killed me either. also never rock a cancer box, which i see a lot of surprisingly (how hard is it to open your window).

When it comes right down to it, driving sucks (especially in vancouver, i swear to god these people are freaking morons), smoking makes it more bearable. Also good stess relief on my weekly 3hours-construction-each-way-whistler commute. And if its a weekday then comng home theres the whole going towards downtown at 530 on the bridge thing..........

Flames89
01-29-2007, 08:20 PM

Ok, ... that is not helpful. But, if I can offer you some advice? Maybe quit smoking, or at least buy some new clothes.

Barnes
01-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Ok, ... that is not helpful. But, if I can offer you some advice? Maybe quit smoking, or at least buy some new clothes.

Bad advice. This guy needs to smoke more. He apparently isn't any good at it and could use the practice.

Anyways, back to the original burn. You can get it patched at an upholstery shop or razor blade out some fibers from a less conspicuous area and super glue them into the burn. Done it once. Worked okay.

fanforever1986
01-30-2007, 12:16 AM
i heard not smoking reduces the chance of this.