PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Dusk for Nintendo DS

SpitFire40
01-28-2007, 06:59 PM
More or less it's an interactive mystery novel... alot of reading and investigation. I'm loving it, the art style is amazing.

I also grabbed Phoenix Wright 1 & 2 that i'll be playing once i'm done at the Hotel here..

Anyone else check this game out?

Amicus
01-28-2007, 07:54 PM
i bought it. i'm not that far in but i like the art style. i like how they simulate speech with a few different art frames. its quite unique.

i bought phoenix wright 2 as well. i already played 1. its aparently more of the same.

Hack&Lube
01-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I think it's similar to Trace Memory.

SpitFire40
01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I never got the chance to give that a go.. Same dev's I believe though

Jagger
01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I've just started both Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright 2. HD's art style is fantastic. Love the noir feel of the game too. PW2 is a lot of fun. I never played the first game so this is totally new to me.

However, I've also started playing Sid Meier's Pirates for the PSP which will probably be taking most of my gaming time right now. I've always loved the Pirates game and it has been translated to the portable media extremely well. Anyone with a PSP should check it out.

Hack&Lube
01-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I've just started both Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright 2. HD's art style is fantastic. Love the noir feel of the game too. PW2 is a lot of fun. I never played the first game so this is totally new to me.

However, I've also started playing Sid Meier's Pirates for the PSP which will probably be taking most of my gaming time right now. I've always loved the Pirates game and it has been translated to the portable media extremely well. Anyone with a PSP should check it out.

I prefer the original Pirates! from Microprose circa 1988 :)

skippy
01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I prefer the original Pirates! from Microprose circa 1988 :)

Me too! But the XBOX version was actually quite good also - still couldnt figure out the sword fighting though...;)

Hack&Lube
01-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Me too! But the XBOX version was actually quite good also - still couldnt figure out the sword fighting though...;)

I still remember those busty VGA 256-color lasses in port :), and I played the game as a little kid. The sword fighting was done by the number pad I think, to parry and riposte. It was quite complicated and fun.