PDA

View Full Version : Avery and the cold weather...

calculoso
10-18-2004, 03:11 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Tor.../17/673303.html (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2004/10/17/673303.html)

"I'm just amazed that every team in Canada doesn't have a dome stadium."

Awww.. poor guy. Just think... it wasn't even that cold out there!

Here's hoping he plays in Edmonton or Winnipeg when the temperature is -15 or lower. Let's see what he thinks then.

RedHot25
10-18-2004, 03:24 PM
So I suppose the cold is what caused all of those fumbles, dropped passes, interceptions, .....

octothorp
10-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Hilarious! Hey, I was there and I didn't have no sideline heaters, and I wasn't complaining about the cold. The cold is the beauty of the game--my friends and I marked this game on the calendar a long time ago because it was the best chance for a cold-weather football game. If you don't embrace and love that aspect of the game, then sorry, you're playing in the wrong league. Maybe he should try for the arena football league--I'm pretty sure they're all indoors.

the-rasta-masta
10-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Got to love the cold weather football games. I love football in the snow. Nothing cozier than having a huge blanket over you and a hot chocolate in hand.

calf
10-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Sour grapes. Reynolds out-shined him. Avery couldn't rise to the occasion. Whaa.

calgaryred
10-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Avery can complain all he wants! He played in Edmonton he should know what to expect. It's not like Buffalo, Green Bay or New York are warm and fuzzy in December.

Sylvanfan
10-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Well I guess he'll have to go look for a job in a Mexican football league if he want's to avoid the cold. Fact is the CFL starts in the summer and 75% of the games are played in good weather. People hate going inside on a nice summer night to watch a football game. Thats one of the reason's the B.C. Lions have tradtionally drawn very poor crowds during the summer. The Alouettes have sold out like 20 straight games of 20,000 people at an outdoor stadium whereas they'd likely average 15000 in the Big O. If Avery wants to make $25,000 a year like a most other CFL players do than every one in Canada could build a Dome stadium pay for it, and have smaller crowds. Considering when the season takes place half the NFL teams have pretty miserable conditions to play in December and January too. Not to mention in the NFL the only Dome team to ever win the Superbowl was the Rams and only because they had home field. Cold weather teams love making guys like Avery suffer when they come to their stadium late in the season. Always have, always will.

Also as a side note how many NFL'ers have ever died from the cold? Whereas how many football players have succumbed to heat stroke in the summer. Which is worse for the human body? One you can dress for, the other you can't do a damn thing but look for Air Conditioning.

McG
10-24-2004, 12:43 AM
he must have been drunk when he played in greaserville because last time i checked...they have game days just like us...in fact...it wasn't even that cold! i remember the snowbowl with flutie when the heater went out...