PDA

View Full Version : Please do not eat the Squirrels

ken0042
01-26-2007, 11:16 PM
squirrel hunters in New Jersey are being warned not to dine on the local squirrel-meat, due to possible toxic poisoning of the animals. (http://www.freemarketnews.com/Feedback.asp?nid=13541)

:eek:

I think that just about says it all. I heard this on Leno, and figured he was making it up or something.

Burninator
01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
You can eat squirrels? Now here I've been wasting my time catching birds for my lunch.

Sylvanfan
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Apparently they're high in cholesteral. I knew a guy in Prince George who was a real outdoorsman and he bought a wild game cook book once that had squirrel recipe's. Another guy I knew from P.G. and I went on a Contiki trip to Europe and two good looking girls on the tour ask if they can sit at the same table at a restaurant with us. So we say yes of course. This other guy who's a bit of a moron introduces us by saying, "We're from the Sticks our friend Dean lives in the bush and eats squirrels." Yeah that pretty much finished both of us before I got to even introduce myself.

FlamesAddiction
01-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Apparently they're high in cholesteral. I knew a guy in Prince George who was a real outdoorsman and he bought a wild game cook book once that had squirrel recipe's. Another guy I knew from P.G. and I went on a Contiki trip to Europe and two good looking girls on the tour ask if they can sit at the same table at a restaurant with us. So we say yes of course. This other guy who's a bit of a moron introduces us by saying, "We're from the Sticks our friend Dean lives in the bush and eats squirrels." Yeah that pretty much finished both of us before I got to even introduce myself.

That sounds like PG alright! :D

I met a guy up here who told be that he has tried raccoon and badger before. He is actually originally from Lethbridge and told me that he used to eat ground squirrel and when his horse died, they ate that too. He even told me that when he was in Utah, he used to catch and eat lizards.

Some people are strange.