PDA

View Full Version : 22x highway haunted...is this for real?

maverickeastwood
01-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Me and my buddy were just having a discussion on ghostly phenomenon and I came across a piece on the web saying that highway 22x is haunted. Whats the story behind that? Anyone else have any other stories to add?

Reggie Dunlop
01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Have you heard the legend of the mythical beast who lurks there? Half-cow, half-person?

The_Dude
01-25-2007, 10:26 PM
http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_3268.shtml

FireFly
01-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Driven it thousands of times, never seen a thing. Also never heard of a lot of accidents, or that it doesn't have a speed limit...

browna
01-25-2007, 10:31 PM
http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_3268.shtml

When traveling the 22X highway, you should know that there is no speed limit; therefore numerous car accidents have been known to occur at this location. These accidents usually end up in death so it is no wonder that many ghosts have been spotted in the area. While driving, witnesses claim to encounter ghosts that appear out of nowhere, causing a stir for the individual behind the wheel.

If its on the Internet it must be true.
Maybe those 90km/h signs I see are in fact ghosts waiting to prey on someone unsuspecting.

On the third floor of Heritage Park, the ghost of a striking, young woman has been seen. She used to appear with a baby in her hands and she is always smiling. Although, the place has been shut down and the electricity doesn’t run through the site any longer, a bright glow has been reported to emit from the third floor. The ghost still appears to people in the area.

When did Heritage Park get condensed into one building? And when did they stop paying their electricity bill?

Otto-matic
01-25-2007, 11:02 PM
as well as George the ghost, who haunts Zellers Forest Lawn.

:confused:

Atleast it isnt my zellers that is haunted

Rathji
01-25-2007, 11:22 PM
There is an abandoned schoolhouse that can be located when traveling off of 52ndth Street intersection, you will come upon a road that will take you to the site. Here, you will find it on the left hand side of the road, about halfway down the way. The schoolhouse has a history of its own, including a nasty fire that claimed three lives. The lives that were lost were those of children, who are now thought to haunt the premises. Individuals, who have ventured to this site, claim to have heard the unexplainable sound of children laughing and playing. City workers tried several times in vain to tear down the building, but it still stands due to mysteriously malfunctioning equipment and sick crewmembers. Street from International Avenue. When you take a left at the first set of lights that you encounter after the 68

I recall many years ago people discussing this building and how it was haunted and no one would go near it and some serial killer hid a few bodies there for a bit since no one ever went in to see them or something.

Anyone rememeber this or was this just a product of someone passing along urban legend?

arsenal
01-25-2007, 11:34 PM
where is international avenue? Do the mean memorial or 22x? Lived here my entire life.. never seen international ave..

JiriHrdina
01-25-2007, 11:51 PM
where is international avenue? Do the mean memorial or 22x? Lived here my entire life.. never seen international ave..

Now its 17 Ave SE in Forest Lawn. Never knew about that school though - sounds creepy!

arsenal
01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Now its 17 Ave SE in Forest Lawn. Never knew about that school though - sounds creepy!

Ah ok.
May have to go check that out then.

JiriHrdina
01-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Found a thread on another board where a bunch of guys checked out the place:
Pictures here: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=82524&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=4
and here: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=82524&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=5

Hack&Lube
01-26-2007, 12:08 AM
When considering ghost stories, I often wonder why it is that a tightly packed place like Europe that had millions of people suffering violent or unfortunate deaths over thousands of years in generally the same areas in the same cities...doesn't have millions of ghosts?

Why are ghosts always rare individuals with long stories that are not neccessarily any less violent or tragic than that of the many millions that have died throughout the centuries?

housejunk
01-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Driven it thousands of times, never seen a thing. Also never heard of a lot of accidents, or that it doesn't have a speed limit...

You've never heard of a lot of accidents on 22X? There's been more than a few fatal ones over the years.

getbak
01-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Maybe it's the ghost of the Marquis of Lorne who's mad at everyone mispronouncing his title whenever there's a traffic problem on the highway.

He was British (son in law of Queen Victoria and Governor General of Canada), not French, so it should be correctly pronounced as "mar-quess" not "mar-kee" (like the Marquis of Queensbury, not like the Marquis de Sade). Most biographies of the guy also spell it Marquess, so he could be angry about that too.

His Wikipedia bio also says that it was suspected that he was gay, and when he lived in England, he would sneak out of the castle at night to pick up soldiers in the park...so maybe that's what his ghost is doing.

If you see the ghost of an old British fop on 22X, don't pick him up...unless you're into that sort of thing.

BlAcKNoVa
01-26-2007, 02:59 AM
as well as George the ghost, who haunts Zellers Forest Lawn.

:confused:

Atleast it isnt my zellers that is haunted

This Zellers is nearby where I live (Erin Woods) and I've been in there hundreds of times over the years, never, ever seen this ghost named George though.

getbak
01-26-2007, 03:03 AM
This Zellers is nearby where I live (Erin Woods) and I've been in there hundreds of times over the years, never, ever seen this ghost named George though.
How could you tell him apart from the other lifeless spirits working and shopping there?

icarus
01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Me and my buddy were just having a discussion on ghostly phenomenon and I came across a piece on the web saying that highway 22x is haunted. Whats the story behind that? Anyone else have any other stories to add?
22X being haunted sounds vaguely familiar, but I couldn't tell you anything more.
On the third floor of Heritage Park, the ghost of a striking, young woman has been seen. She used to appear with a baby in her hands and she is always smiling. Although, the place has been shut down and the electricity doesn’t run through the site any longer, a bright glow has been reported to emit from the third floor. The ghost still appears to people in the area.

When did Heritage Park get condensed into one building? And when did they stop paying their electricity bill?
Yeah, this site isn't very informative. It is the Prince House (the one that, fittingly, looks like a haunted mansion) at Heritage Park that's reputedly haunted. I remember many years ago, probably 8 or 9 years ago now, on the CFCN news they had a story about the ghost. Someone that year had taken a photo of themselves in front of the house and when they got the picture developed, surprise surprise, there was a tranlucenty-looking face peering out the window towards the camera. They showed it on tv and it did look quite eerie, enough to make me still remember it rather vividly. (Every time I have taken an out-of-towner to Heritage Park since then I have made them take lots of pictures of the house.)

The Herald also picked up the story, and wrote about some previous going-ons in the house. The one story I recall is the third floor of the house, despite being closed to the public and unwired for electricity, was one night after hours brightly lit up, much to the bewilderment and perterbation of the overnight security guard.

There is an abandoned schoolhouse that can be located when traveling off of 52ndth Street intersection, you will come upon a road that will take you to the site. Here, you will find it on the left hand side of the road, about halfway down the way. The schoolhouse has a history of its own, including a nasty fire that claimed three lives. The lives that were lost were those of children, who are now thought to haunt the premises. Individuals, who have ventured to this site, claim to have heard the unexplainable sound of children laughing and playing. City workers tried several times in vain to tear down the building, but it still stands due to mysteriously malfunctioning equipment and sick crewmembers. Street from International Avenue. When you take a left at the first set of lights that you encounter after the 68
Now this place I have heard about a couple times in my high school days, and it was always discussed as the most haunted and freakiest place in Calgary. The story had a terrifying mystique about it among my peers; it was always the grandaddy of the occasional ghost tales that were shared as the night wore on at teenage drinking parties. It was always a case that a friend of a friend of a friend had gone with some other teens late at night (I think a variation of the story was that it was Halloween night) to this place to try to spend the night, and that even before reaching the house people would be overcome by horror and have to turn back. Those who did make it to the interior of the house described rotted-out wood in the total darkness but never could manage to stay in there for more than a couple minutes of maximum due to sheer terror and, IIRC, little bits of supernatural activity such a localised cold spots and movements out of the corner of their eyes. Even the most unbelieving and steadfast kids would be panic stricken at this place.

Now I don't know anything more about it--I knew it was rotting old building out in the middle of the field somewhere in the North--but it certainly is a location well known to me through the urban legends of Calgary youth. On the rare occasions in my life where I have contemplated seeking out a 'haunted' place and freaking myself out, this is the place I have most wanted to visit.

I like ghost stories. I don't know if I believe in ghosts--I think I do actually--but most interesting to me is the psychology of the whole thing. You go someplace dark and old and you get scared. It is a strange phenomenom, surely with primitive roots in the psyche from out ancestors' savannah-dwelling days. It is hard to explain, but its cool.

I went the 'most haunted inn in the UK', the Mermaid Inn in Rye (as seen on TV's 'Most Haunted'--after I had already been there, I should mention) and there was definitely a vibe in that place. As soon as you stepped inside you knew it was different from every other inn you had been in. So weird. Man, how I wish I could have stayed the night there. I have some pics but I don't have a URL to upload them to.

ken0042
01-26-2007, 07:35 AM
When considering ghost stories, I often wonder why it is that a tightly packed place like Europe that had millions of people suffering violent or unfortunate deaths over thousands of years in generally the same areas in the same cities...doesn't have millions of ghosts?

Because ghosts only stay on Earth for 125 years. Didn't you watch Beetle Juice? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094721/) :rolleyes:

:D

TheyCallMeBruce
01-26-2007, 08:18 AM
regardless of what your beliefs are, if you're a skeptic or a believer, there is definitely something interesting when people discuss ghosts.

Regarding the heritage houses, I have no idea if they are haunted, but I'll tell you that the ferris wheel there scares the hell out of me. Here's what happened:

Years ago, I was involved in a movie production called "Out of Nowhere." It was one of those Movie of the Week things that often played on TV. There is a scene that required the ferris wheel to be operational. Our lead child actress would get on the ferris wheel with her co-star and a few shots would be taken (I believe this is the carnival scene in the movie). Anyway, after the scene was done, we were getting ready to move on cause it was getting late, and there are a couple more scenes still need to be shot and we haven't had our suppers yet. Everyone has gotten off the ferris wheel. Our ferris wheel guy shut the thing down and were headed off for supper. As we were eating our supper in the tent, suddenly, one of the grips yelled that someone had started the wheel and there was a child sitting in it. Sure enough, when we got there the wheel was spinning, and several people kept commenting that they saw a child on it. When we got close enough we didn't see a child, but our ferris wheel guy started to inspect each seat to make sure the kid wasn't hiding. He found nothing.

Creepy thing is, several people (including extras, production crew, and security) weren't too far away from the ferris wheel and heard the wheel start up. When they inspected it, they all believed they saw what looked like a silhouette of a child on one of the ferris wheel's seat.

icarus
01-26-2007, 08:44 AM
regardless of what your beliefs are, if you're a skeptic or a believer, there is definitely something interesting when people discuss ghosts.

Regarding the heritage houses, I have no idea if they are haunted, but I'll tell you that the ferris wheel there scares the hell out of me. Here's what happened:

Years ago, I was involved in a movie production called "Out of Nowhere." It was one of those Movie of the Week things that often played on TV. There is a scene that required the ferris wheel to be operational. Our lead child actress would get on the ferris wheel with her co-star and a few shots would be taken (I believe this is the carnival scene in the movie). Anyway, after the scene was done, we were getting ready to move on cause it was getting late, and there are a couple more scenes still need to be shot and we haven't had our suppers yet. Everyone has gotten off the ferris wheel. Our ferris wheel guy shut the thing down and were headed off for supper. As we were eating our supper in the tent, suddenly, one of the grips yelled that someone had started the wheel and there was a child sitting in it. Sure enough, when we got there the wheel was spinning, and several people kept commenting that they saw a child on it. When we got close enough we didn't see a child, but our ferris wheel guy started to inspect each seat to make sure the kid wasn't hiding. He found nothing.

Creepy thing is, several people (including extras, production crew, and security) weren't too far away from the ferris wheel and heard the wheel start up. When they inspected it, they all believed they saw what looked like a silhouette of a child on one of the ferris wheel's seat.
Cool story. It is though the child appeared out of nowhere. :ph34r:

JBR
01-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I was driving home from work the other day through Victoria Park and saw 2 spooky images...

Turns out it was just a crack whore and some other dude that was sleeping in the middle of the street.... Spooky though.

icarus
01-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I was driving home from work the other day through Victoria Park and saw 2 spooky images...

Turns out it was just a crack whore and some other dude that was sleeping in the middle of the street.... Spooky though.
*rimshot*

troutman
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM
My parents live out at Millarville. We have never seen a ghost.

There are thousands of deer along the highway there. The deer get hit by cars all the time.

Flashpoint
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Discussions like this always bring to mind the statistics that make me shake my head in anger.

Like that 62% of Americans believe in ghosts (or was it aliens? Meh, probably the same people anyway).

But only 37% believe in evolution.

(For the record, I think ghosts are crap. Mostly because they don't exist.)

troutman
01-26-2007, 09:32 AM

A friend of mine has worked security for years at Heritage Park. He did once see a spectral figure crossing the lawn one night. He has never mentioned anything about the above-noted quote.

Once the actor John Cusak was there filming a movie. It was known he was intererested in the paranormal. They took him one night into the "haunted" house. My friend waited for him upstairs, then jumped out and scared the bejessus out of Cusak. He was not amused.

HelloHockeyFans
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
My ex-girlfriend here in Ottawa lives in a Heritage Home. Lots of weird things used to happen there.

I woke up one morning at around 4:30AM to go to the washroom. Went into the washroom and all I could smell was woman's perfume... like the "old lady" kind.

Another time, my girlfriend and I woke up to the sound of one of her records playing on her record player. How it started, we don't know.

bluejays
01-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I got a few...mostly from my cousins house here in Toronto. When we were about 12 years old, my other cousins used to go there and we used to sleep the night there. We used to sleep in the basement, and all the time we'd hear the old radio they had start making clicking noises (like the volume knob turning off and on). As kids we dismissed it and went to sleep, but one time the thing turned on full-blast and we crapped our pants. I still don't go in that basement without anyone else. Also, my cousin has heard banging on their piano when only him and my grandfather were around in the house (which scared the crap outta him as you could imagine), and my other cousin seen a little boy walking around (who she thought was her bro, but it turns out he was at work). Even when my grandmother died a few years back, all our family was in the family room together (probably about 40 of us), and all of a sudden, we could hear LOUD running down the stairs...my uncle got up, looked around, nobody was there, but all of us definitely heard it. There have been some others, but those are the one's I can think of. I'm definitely a believer after being in that house although I haven't seen anything myself.

burn_baby_burn
01-26-2007, 10:09 AM
For the record. I don't believe in Ghosts. With all the security camera's and digital camera's and camera phones. One would think that there would be all sorts of video evidence of some kind by now.

But! I grew up in the boonies. When I was a kid a young bachler nieghbour of ours had told me stories how he suspected that his place was haunted. He said that three people had died on that ranch. One being his mother in her sleep. Another being a man who was bucked off a horse and broke his neck, and the other I can't remember. He said his sister refused to go in the basement of the house, ever. The bachler sold the place to a buddy of mine years later. He lived by himself for years. A few years ago he got married.

A few months ago, I was back home talking with some friends. Somebody mentioned something about my buddy's wife. I asked, "has she seen the ghost yet?", just joking around (the ghost story about that place isn't really public knowledge). One girl said, "yeah, she has seen a man on a horse". That freaked me out a little. Allthough my buddies wife could just be messing with them.

Kaon
01-26-2007, 12:40 PM
On the 22x story, I've never really heard anything about it being haunted. But I do drive it once a week heading east towards Indus and will say it has some of the weirdest fog patches of any road I've driven in the Calgary area. One minute there's nothing, the next I have to slow down to nothing because I can't see the car 10 ft in front of me. There's not a hell of a lot of water around there either.

I wouldn't say it's paranormal in any way. But I suppose you could take something like that, and add in the number of deaths caused on that highway (although I think most of the accidents happen heading out towards Bragg Creek, not the other way around), and make up a good story I guess.

nieuwy-89
01-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Interesting thread...

The other night I had a conversation with an administrator from Edmonton Public Schools. The topic of school closures came up and he mentioned a few stories about some of the oldest schools in Edmonton. Keep in mind, these are schools that are abandoned and sit empty 99% of the time.

In one school, maintenance crews have reported hearing music start playing spontaneously. They have tried to find the source of the music but never can...it just kind of permeates the school and then stops.

In another school, one of the third floor (top floor) windows has a knack for opening itself. The maintenance guys have to check it in the winter time to make sure it's closed, but on a fairly regular basis they have to go into the abandoned building and close it because it has opened again.

I've never seen or heard anything "supernatural" myself. But I've heard enough stories from legitimate people to believe there is some sort of paranormal activity out there to remind us that there's more to this world than meets our eyes.

Inferno
01-26-2007, 01:12 PM
For the record. I don't believe in Ghosts. With all the security camera's and digital camera's and camera phones. One would think that there would be all sorts of video evidence of some kind by now.

Are you talking about this one case or in general because there's been many ghost pictures and videos. The only thing is with how advanced computer technology is it's not hard to fake one so most arent taken seriously.

It's not in Calgary but I went for a workshop a couple years ago that was held at the old train station in Winnipeg and our group got to talking with the security guard there. He was telling us about how he sees and hears strange things all the time.

He said many times he's seen from the other side of the building someone walk up the stairs and when he gets there to confront them they're gone. He also said where they used to keep sick immigrant babies you can sometimes hear babies crying and women talking. He also told us about how after it was shut down they discovered that the water tank room had been broken into by devil whorshippers. He said they found hooks on the wall with flesh on them.

La Flames Fan
01-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I used to live in Chaparral (the fam still does) and everytime I crossed the bridge right by McKenzie Meadows I always, always got this crazy scary feeling. I don't know if it was the fact so many accidents had happened there or that it is haunted, but that is a ghostly road...

Vulcan
01-26-2007, 01:51 PM

When I lived in Applewood [between 68th and 84th] there was an old school foundation where I used to go for walks to the east. An old farmer lent me a book on the history of the area and there used to be a village in there. IIRC this school also burnt down but there was no building remaining and I never saw or felt anything strange, actually rather peacefull. The foundation may be gone now due to the expansion of Applewood.

Burninator
01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Discussions like this always bring to mind the statistics that make me shake my head in anger.

Like that 62% of Americans believe in ghosts (or was it aliens? Meh, probably the same people anyway).

But only 37% believe in evolution.

That stat is more terrifying than ghosts!

maverickeastwood
01-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Lotsa stories from lotsa people...and I've never seen a thing, except the odd dirty look that would make your hair stand on end. WTF.

SpitFire40
01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
A few years ago, my mom has an old house in Sunnyside, the old lady died there apparently before she bought it.

My mom was renovating the basement and one of the fading lights that had just been installed, anyway in the middle of the night the thing starts fading in and out, there's nobody in the house but my brother and I so there's no way anyone was screwing with the switch. Eventually it stayed on, scared ****less my brother yells "If there's anyone there, turn the light off" we wait a few seconds and BOOM, the light fades off... at that point we were freaked to hell, swearing, swinging at the air, cursing at whatever the hell did that.

The lights never did that again... Freaaaaky. I think it was the old lady angry that my mom was changing the house she lived in for so long, and quite possibly died in.

Gives me the creeps just thinking about that.

Sainters7
01-26-2007, 07:28 PM
My parents live out at Millarville. We have never seen a ghost.

There are thousands of deer along the highway there. The deer get hit by cars all the time.

Maybe theyre ghost deer...

Sainters7
01-26-2007, 07:40 PM
I was at Mount Royal for broadcasting from 2002-04, and in my senior year, we had to do a documentary, so me and my group partner decided to do it on the Deane House. Originally it was gonna be the Prince House, where we were hoping to stay overnight in. Thank God it was the winter season and everything was closed so we werent able to do it, as I wouldve crapped my pants. Im a believer in that kinda stuff and it freaks me all to hell. Im not joking when I say I wouldve gotten absolutely HAMMERED had we done that, right before going in.

Anyways, so we did it at the Deane House, with a video camera, and brought along this CRAZY-azz psychic we looked up in the yellow pages, who was willing to do it for free. We went up to the attic, where its supposed to be haunted as hell, and did a sayonce(however you spell it, and it was her idea. My buddy was trying not to laugh the whole time), where we sat around a candle. Anyways, nothing really happened, and after we were done, we went downstairs for about five-ten minutes and just let the camera run upstairs, aimed at the candle. When we took it back to watch it at the school, it didnt look like it was moving too bad(but I was petrified watching the tape in anticipation. I kept waiting for some ghost to put his face right up to the camera haha).

In all, I never really felt anything...except for in the women's bathroom(the place was closed for the day, and the manager was letting us tape for an hour before he shut er down. And we were told the women's bathroom was one of the target areas for ghost claims). So we go in there, and I swear to God, the door slammed behind me. I had my hand on it as I was closing it, and I suddenly felt all this pressure, and it just slammed. I got a little nervous then. And the air was reeeeally still and stuffy. It was quite eerie.

I dunno take that as you want, but the women's bathroom freaked me out a little bit...and we got an A- on the assignment, so thats all that counts:D

Flames_Gimp
01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
A few years ago, my mom has an old house in Sunnyside, the old lady died there apparently before she bought it.

My mom was renovating the basement and one of the fading lights that had just been installed, anyway in the middle of the night the thing starts fading in and out, there's nobody in the house but my brother and I so there's no way anyone was screwing with the switch. Eventually it stayed on, scared ****less my brother yells "If there's anyone there, turn the light off" we wait a few seconds and BOOM, the light fades off... at that point we were freaked to hell, swearing, swinging at the air, cursing at whatever the hell did that.

The lights never did that again... Freaaaaky. I think it was the old lady angry that my mom was changing the house she lived in for so long, and quite possibly died in.

Gives me the creeps just thinking about that.

one too many coolers that night? :D

Flames_Gimp
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
we had a few episodes in our house in huntington hills when I was a kid... my dad heard footsteps come down the stairs followed by a blood curdling scream in the middle of the night.

Vulcan
01-26-2007, 08:08 PM
I have an old place and sometimes out of the corner of my eye I see a grey outline of someone sitting in a chair. I don't sit in that chair and whatever or whoever doesn't sit in mine, so everythings fine.

Ford Prefect
01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I spent a few years working at the IPSCO steel mill in SE Calgary (Ogden) in the mid-1980s. There was a story that the place was supposed to be haunted by the ghost of a foreman that had been killed there when it used to be Phoenix Steel. The only thing I ever encountered to suggest it might be true was I'd often get bumped from behind by someone walking past me while I worked at my job station. When I'd turn around to see who it was there'd be nobody in sight. This usually only happened on night shifts for some reason. It wasn't spooky or anything ... I'd just get bumped by something or somebody who wasn't there. On the odd chance there's somebody on the board who's familiar with IPSCO, this would happen at the #2 beveller.

My parent's house had lots of weird stuff happen too ... footsteps in the night when everybody swore they were in bed, puddles of water appearing in the middle of the floor for no reason, the dog getting let out of the house in the middle of the night (and barking like an idiot at nothing). Like the IPSCO experience, these incidents never felt creepy, frightening, spooky or whatever ... just kind of WTF. The lack of eeriness makes me wonder if they're even "ghost" stories, but whatver they are they cant' be explained within the parameters of normal sensory perception. Since I experienced them first hand I know these events occurred ... not like getting them second or third hand. But I can't say what caused them. I certainly didn't see or sense any "ghosts".

TheyCallMeBruce
01-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I spent a few years working at the IPSCO steel mill in SE Calgary (Ogden) in the mid-1980s. There was a story that the place was supposed to be haunted by the ghost of a foreman that had been killed there when it used to be Phoenix Steel. The only thing I ever encountered to suggest it might be true was I'd often get bumped from behind by someone walking past me while I worked at my job station. When I'd turn around to see who it was there'd be nobody in sight. This usually only happened on night shifts for some reason. It wasn't spooky or anything ... I'd just get bumped by something or somebody who wasn't there. On the odd chance there's somebody on the board who's familiar with IPSCO, this would happen at the #2 beveller.

My parent's house had lots of weird stuff happen too ... footsteps in the night when everybody swore they were in bed, puddles of water appearing in the middle of the floor for no reason, the dog getting let out of the house in the middle of the night (and barking like an idiot at nothing). Like the IPSCO experience, these incidents never felt creepy, frightening, spooky or whatever ... just kind of WTF. The lack of eeriness makes me wonder if they're even "ghost" stories, but whatver they are they cant' be explained within the parameters of normal sensory perception. Since I experienced them first hand I know these events occurred ... not like getting them second or third hand. But I can't say what caused them. I certainly didn't see or sense any "ghosts".

Good point. My experience would be similar to yours. Though I witness the ferris wheel turn, I could not explain how it started. We could certainly surmised that maybe one of the crew members were pulling a prank, but this does not explain the multiple sightings of an apparent child on one of the ferris wheel seats, as witness by crew members, extras, and security members.

FelixFF
01-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I have a weird story from when i was a kid.I was playing soccer on my street in Canmore with some friends and when i looked towards a car that was parked beside me there was a dark shadow figure in the drivers seat of the car and it told me to move along and to to not stare at him. I was stunned and when i looked back a second later it was gone. Still to this day i still remember the deep errie tone of its voice. It was literally a shadow with a voice like the aliens had in the beginning of the fifth element in the egyptian pyramid.

It might have been my imagination but it is still very vivid in my mind.

I am a believer that there are souls of the departed that haven't crossed over yet and that they are still clinging to this world .

My roommate in my New westminister was scared s***less of our place because some ghost was in the house. One time in the middle of the night he swore he saw an elderly man that just stood at the foot of his bed and just stared at him with a blank emotionless look. When my roomate realized what he was looking at the entity turned and walked away then simply faded away.He eventually moved in with his girlfriend because he couldn't handle the thought of seeing whatever he saw coming back.It was a very weird house with alot of unexplained noises.

the crispy badger
01-27-2007, 08:24 AM
We have all kinds of strange things that have happened in our house here in Moncton. I had come home from work on a Friday night and went to grab something from the kitchen and happened to notice a bent knife on the counter..not thinking too much of it I unbent it and put it back in the drawer..a few minutes later I said to the gf "there was a bent knife on the counter..did you bend it?"..she look at me incrediously and told me she had already unbent it and put it back in the drawer an hour before..somehow that knife got out of the drawer and bent itself back.

Looger
01-27-2007, 09:10 AM
that's not a ghost, you live next to yuri geller!

GeoffSK
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen anything myself but I did hear stories from friends/family that are pretty freaky.

My aunt seen a ghost petting her cat late one night in a previous house that she lived in.

My uncle was renovating his house when cupboards would slam, noises were heard, and actual sightings happened a few times. All these things were observed by more than 1 person in the house. It lasted for about a couple months then stopped.

chelsii
11-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Okay so for all of you that want an actual update on this place, I have it for you.
I was there last saturday night at about 3:30 am SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18TH 2007.
Ive been there twice ; a while back I went there with tons of people and the old man who lives in the house to the left of the school was awake sitting on his porch smoking a cigerrette with his to dogs at his side. He hurd us walking up the hill towards the school and sent his dogs to chase after us. It's said if the dogs catch up to you they will bite you because you are on his property. So we booked it as fast as we could back to our cars on the highway.

Last saturday I was there and he was sleeping but we didnt go up the path, instead crossed the huge field infront of of the school. There is barbwire so we had to get someone to step on it and let us thru. Btw there was only 3 of us. As we slowly walked up to the school it looked like a jiant wall with holes in it. There is no roof. Behind the school there is some sheds or little barn things, No idea what they were, we never checked them out. We walked up to the opening of the school or what lookes like a wall with no roof. There is spray paint on the top of the doorway that reads "Hell" and theres to black doorways just beside the opening going into the basement that say "Go back" If you walk straight ahead you walk up some gravel and that has been burnt down onto a floor, that was the top floor of the school. There is no roof so your basically still standing outside. We never entered the school, we just stood outside the doorway when we hurd something move very quickly, it almost sounded like a bird flying, But why would there be one bird just flying around there?, Maybe it was a bat or even a spirit. Then the grass beside us moved, it sounded like tall grass blowing in the wind, yet there was no wind? This defanitly freaked me out soo I said lets get out of here and we left. I regret not going into either the left or right doorway into the pitch black basement to see what it was like underneath. Some of my other friends say theres handprints all over the walls and pictures that the little childen made. But who knows, You can only really find out if you go up there yourself.

So people stop reading all these bogus messages all over the internet that theres children laughing and running around, or the one about the water fountain right in the middle of the floor that still works because it's not true I was there TRUST ME! ,
And there is no gymnasium or big classrooms either, this school is ond and very small, Im suprised its still standing. It reminds me of those schools in the only days where you walked in and the classroom was right there and there was probley 30 desks and a large black board.
I hope to go back this weekend, Maybe stick around a bit longer, But any advice for
you people out there who really wanna check it out, Don't go untill about 1am or after so the old man doesnt send his dogs after you or shoot you with salt pelets. And dont go with lots of people, its more heat and you may get caught by him.

It is defanitly scary there, I plan on taking some pictures during the day from the highway then posting them so ill keep you guys updated.

Flames89
11-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Sounds like the scariest thing about that land is all the teenagers that arrive in the middle of the night, while you - the old man - sleep alone.

icarus
11-23-2007, 06:32 AM
And dont go with lots of people, its more heat and you may get caught by him.God damn the old man and his heat-seeking missiles!

llama64
11-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Has anyone actually talked to this old man? One would think it would be easier to get access to the school house if you had his permission...

FanIn80
11-23-2007, 09:30 AM
http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca/story/4655

Neat read.

Winsor_Pilates
11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Some friends of mine in Calgary live in a possibly haunted house. The girl that lived there before them hung herself from a pipe in the basement and they got the house really cheap because of it.
My friend has a dog that is usually very calm and never barks/growels or anything like that. One day my friend came home to find his dog in the basement staring at the exact spot where the girl hung herself and growling like it had never before. My freind says he had never seen his dog like that and couldn't get the dog to snap out of it or stop staring/growling for about 5 minutes.

4X4
11-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I couldn't read past "hurd".

TheyCallMeBruce
11-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Some friends of mine in Calgary live in a possibly haunted house. The girl that lived there before them hung herself from a pipe in the basement and they got the house really cheap because of it.
My friend has a dog that is usually very calm and never barks/growels or anything like that. One day my friend came home to find his dog in the basement staring at the exact spot where the girl hung herself and growling like it had never before. My freind says he had never seen his dog like that and couldn't get the dog to snap out of it or stop staring/growling for about 5 minutes.

Where is this place if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to give me an address, just the general area.

Berger_4_
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
God damn the old man and his heat-seeking missiles!

bah-ha-ha....I think I just may have found my first signature quote! Thanks Icarus!

chelsii
11-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Has anyone actually talked to this old man? One would think it would be easier to get access to the school house if you had his permission...

Thats actually a good point, i guess people never really felt like they could
because everyone is so scared of him because of all the stories.
Hes defanitly protecting that school with all he can, Apparently his grandaughter died in the fire? but who knows.
I wanna find someone brave enough to talk to him, that would make so much more sence. Maybe if I get the guts I will talk to him?