PDA

View Full Version : Genarlow Wilson (check out this crazy law)

StoneCole
01-25-2007, 02:24 AM
because of an archaic Georgia law, it was a misdemeanor for teenagers less than three years apart to have sexual intercourse, but a felony for the same kids to have oral sex

CRAZY GEORGIA

I guess oral sex amongst teenagers more than three years apart warrants the death penalty?

Link

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson

P.S: Did I quick search and didn't find this story posted anywhere yet

FlamingLonghorn
01-25-2007, 06:21 AM
That's absolutely outrageous. I can't believe that the DA is such a prick..

Agamemnon
01-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow... ten years in prison for getting a blow job in high school? Where's Bob Dylan with HIS song?!?!

socalwingfan
01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm curious to know the race of the DA and the girl involved, this looks like its racially motivated.

GrrlGoalie33
01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Absolutely disgusting that a kid that's got everything going for him is in prision for 10 years over something like this, while the guys that sold him the pot, gangbangers and other miscreants are free to roam.

TimSJ
01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
That is truely unbelievable. thanks for the link.

ken0042
01-25-2007, 09:32 AM
There's a video attached where he apparently explains why he wouldn't take a plea bargain. I can't get to it from work; anybody care to have a look and give us drones the gist of it?

Winsor_Pilates
01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
There's a video attached where he apparently explains why he wouldn't take a plea bargain. I can't get to it from work; anybody care to have a look and give us drones the gist of it?
In the articles it says that he's have to admit to charges that would prevent him from being in the company of young girls and therefore he would not be able to see/live with his younger sister.

Eastern Girl
01-25-2007, 09:40 AM
In the articles it says that he's have to admit to charges that would prevent him from being in the company of young girls and therefore he would not be able to see/live with his younger sister.

Yes. To add to this, in the video, he just says that if he pleaded guilty, he would have to register as a sex offender.

ken0042
01-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, just found it later on in the article. Thanks.

Wilson refused to admit to being a child molester. If he pled to or was convicted of any charge that put him on the sex offender registry, he couldn't live at home with his younger sister. He wouldn't accept that, so he waited for his trial.

That is just stupid- I understand if a 40 year old was getting some from a 15 year old. When I was in grade 12 it really wasn't a big deal to be dating somebody in grade 10.

Burninator
01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm curious to know the race of the DA and the girl involved, this looks like its racially motivated.
Where did you get that from? I didn't see anything that eluded to that.

Winsor_Pilates
01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=ken0042;729503That is just stupid- I understand if a 40 year old was getting some from a 15 year old. When I was in grade 12 it really wasn't a big deal to be dating somebody in grade 10.[/QUOTE]
When I was in grade 12 it was the thing to do. Grade 11s>Grade 10s>grade 12s

socalwingfan
01-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Where did you get that from? I didn't see anything that eluded to that.

Just a guess on my part, these quotes seem to imply it:

"The first time the Supreme Court voted on Genarlow's case, it was 4-3. The four judges who voted against the black teen were white. The three judges who voted for him were black. "

"At the same time this trial was under way, a local high school teacher, a white female, was found guilty of having a sexual relationship with a student -- a true case of child molestation. The teacher received 90 days. Wilson received 3,650 days. "

Burninator
01-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Just a guess on my part, these quotes seem to imply it:

"The first time the Supreme Court voted on Genarlow's case, it was 4-3. The four judges who voted against the black teen were white. The three judges who voted for him were black. "

"At the same time this trial was under way, a local high school teacher, a white female, was found guilty of having a sexual relationship with a student -- a true case of child molestation. The teacher received 90 days. Wilson received 3,650 days. "
Interesting, I didn't see that. I was going to give Georgia the benefit of the doubt. Clearly a mistake.

America, the land of the free. :whistle:

BlAcKNoVa
01-25-2007, 02:03 PM
At the same time this trial was under way, a local high school teacher, a white female, was found guilty of having a sexual relationship with a student -- a true case of child molestation. The teacher received 90 days. Wilson received 3,650 days.

This is simply insane how **** works out like that eh? Unbelievable.