PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Fantasy Hockey Season 2?

Flame On
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Are we all doing season two? (All 6 of us or what ever it is :confused: )
Do we need to recreate a leage name etc.?

For me, being in the Yahoo pool just isn't enough. I've joined The Sporting News' pool every year since it was known as SmallWorld, before TSN took it over.

This is the free pool, you have a $30M budget to sign 7 players at predetermined prices, and these players values increase/decrease depending on how many people are buying/selling them. If you buy a guy for $1m and he gets hot and people start buying him up and his value goes to $4M, then your new budget is $34M.

You have to have 1 center, 2 wingers, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie, plus an extra attacker. You get 2 trades per week and if you don't use your trades, then they'll accumulate.

Sporting News Fantasy Hockey Season 1 (http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/hockey/season1/basic/login.html)

Join a league, the info is as follows:

League Name: CalPuckers
League Password: Puckers

I won my division 3 years in a row and now my friends won't play with me anymore, so I figured I'd get a Calgary Puck league going.

Edit: I think they limit the leagues to 20 teams or less so get your team in quickly!

Slava
01-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Can a new guy get in on this?

Buff
01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
We didn't even do season 1! At least not this season. I lost interest in the pool as I had too many pools running. This year I haven't participated in my yahoo pools since, oh, october?

I used to have the time to manage 5 or more online pools but not for about 4 years now. Now I have problems keeping up to date with one or two.

Go ahead and start season two though, maybe you'll find enough interest from others around here.

Flame On
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah it's hard to keep up with. They went and made a league where you have three players only every week and can't use them again. Even worse!
Anyway, I started it up for those that m i ght want to join.
Same league name and password as above.
And yeah it's a new season so new people are cool too, in fact they might actually make it worthwhile if no one else joins up.

Gravitykillr
01-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm in. 3 teams 3 different league's for me.

Slava
01-26-2007, 09:21 AM
The password wouldn't work for me?

CRXguy
01-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Just joined.

I'm MadSkillz.

Gravitykillr
01-27-2007, 12:08 AM
I figure it's obvious which team is mine lol