PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning and Furnace Cleaning

boobaloo
01-24-2007, 11:44 AM
We had good service from Ram services. They do both. I think you go furnace then carpets in case they make a mess. It's also good to get the ducts cleaned periodically. Ours had never been done, and it's reduced the amount of dust around the house since we got them done. It can be pricey if it's done properly, but there's less sneezing around since we've had it done.

hah
01-24-2007, 12:19 PM
We used Ram for our carpet cleaning. They had good prices, reliable and did a good job.

I have had great success with renting a Rug Doctor, you just have to put in the time, I did my old house in about 12 hrs.

As for Furnace cleaning, I'm of the belief that if you have not done any major renovations to your house, it is not worth it to have ducts clean. Just change your furnace filter.

Search the net on this one.

Get back to work!!!!

boobaloo
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
We used Ram for our carpet cleaning. They had good prices, reliable and did a good job.

I have had great success with renting a Rug Doctor, you just have to put in the time, I did my old house in about 12 hrs.

As for Furnace cleaning, I'm of the belief that if you have not done any major renovations to your house, it is not worth it to have ducts clean. Just change your furnace filter.

Search the net on this one.

Get back to work!!!!

I agree with you, but our house was 17 years old with the ducts never cleaned. They sucked foam coffee cups out of them from the builders of the house. It was pretty funny, really, and the stuff you could hear going up the hose.....yuck. I don't think I would do it again, unless, of course we did reno's that created lots of dust.

Coelah
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
For rug cleaning, get a written estimate with everything itemized. I worked for a rug cleaning business when I was younger and the markups on everything from stain removal to shampoo was near criminal. You get an estimate for the service that surprisingly is on special then when you need a stain removed or an extra room or furniture cleaned, the hefty charges come out. The extra stuff isn't on special and that's why it costs so much more.

I always do my rugs myself now.