PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 6

Fobulous
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
What a day in football.

New England extends their streak in an impressive manner with a huge win over the Seahawks. I was impressed with the patriots. This had to have been their toughest match on paper all year and they came out and showed why they are the record holders for the most consecutive wins.

You gotta love the Eagles. Well I do anyways. They put on a clinic today, holding the the Panthers to zero points till the 4th. GO Eagles!!

Are the Falcons for real? I love to watch Vick play but I would have never have thought they they would be 5-1 after six games. They beat a good Charger team today so this team might have it in em'.

Ex-stamp Garcia looks to be a decent QB after all. He seems to play decent in lBrown wins, and just brutal in there losses. Hey At least they are 3-3.

Is Brett Favre made of Steel? For gods sake, the man has a concussion and still leads the Pack over the lions. Not a bad day at all.

All in all a good weekend of Football so far.

Any thoughts.

Displaced Flames fan
10-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Broncos embarrassed the Raiders. Complete and total domination. I took great pleasure in watching it....in fact, CBS changed to the Pittsburgh/Dallas game late in the 3rd quarter because it was so bad. First time this year the Broncos have played to their potential on offense IMO. The defense is unbelievably good too. The best I've seen in Denver in many years.

What a game the Pittsburgh/Dallas game was. Great finish by the Steelers and great coaching by Bill Cowher. Ben Roethlisberger is for real, and so are the Steelers. Looking for when New England might drop a game? 2 weeks in Pittsburgh.

troutman
10-17-2004, 07:39 PM
New England extends their streak in an impressive manner with a huge win over the Seahawks. I was impressed with the patriots. This had to have been their toughest match on paper all year and they came out and showed why they are the record holders for the most consecutive wins.

NE played the Colts in week one, a much better team than SEA, and it was a much harder game for NE to win. Why does the NFL always give the good teams difficult schedules and the bad teams easy schedules? Really distorts things.

You gotta love the Eagles. Well I do anyways. They put on a clinic today, holding the the Panthers to zero points till the 4th. GO Eagles!!

I don't gotta love the Eagles. Owens is the biggest jerk in the NFL.

Are the Falcons for real? I love to watch Vick play but I would have never have thought they they would be 5-1 after six games. They beat a good Charger team today so this team might have it in em'.

Falcons are not for real IMO. They lost to DET at home, and nearly lost to SD (not a good team either) at home this week.

Ex-stamp Garcia looks to be a decent QB after all. He seems to play decent in Brown wins, and just brutal in there losses. Hey At least they are 3-3.

Go Browns! I think they will finish 8-8, and just miss the playoffs.

Is Brett Favre made of Steel? For gods sake, the man has a concussion and still leads the Pack over the lions. Not a bad day at all.

May be too late to save the Packer's season.

PITT looks good at 5-1. Jets are 5-0, but their first tough game is next week at NE.

Sylvanfan
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Oct 18 2004, 01:33 AM
Broncos embarrassed the Raiders. Complete and total domination. I took great pleasure in watching it....in fact, CBS changed to the Pittsburgh/Dallas game late in the 3rd quarter because it was so bad. First time this year the Broncos have played to their potential on offense IMO. The defense is unbelievably good too. The best I've seen in Denver in many years.

What a game the Pittsburgh/Dallas game was. Great finish by the Steelers and great coaching by Bill Cowher. Ben Roethlisberger is for real, and so are the Steelers. Looking for when New England might drop a game? 2 weeks in Pittsburgh.
Yeah, it looks like I'll have to cheer for my 2nd favorite team the Steelers this year since the Chiefs are a joke. Denver looks absolutely brilliant for making that Portis trade now as Champ Bailey has been a great addition to an already solid defence. Add in John Lynch to the mix and I think the Bronco's have a very solid group. Ruben Drougns and Quentin Griffith are proving that the scheme and the offensive line are the stars in the Denver offence, and Jake Plummer looks 100 times better in Denver than he did in Phoenix.

Pagal4321
10-17-2004, 10:55 PM
San Diego 20 at Atlanta 21
Well ATL showed me they are a pretty good team today, Vick manages to draw so many defenders with his running ability. Kudos to the Charger tho, I thought they would be garbage this year. Still think SD got the better player in LT then ATL did with Vick.

Washington 13 at Chicago 10
Yawn, Joe Gibbs won his second game. Portis finally plays a decent game (I think that will be his best of the year). Chicago's offense is god awful without Grossman and Urlacher looked like a normal defender today.

Green Bay 38 at Detroit 10
Favre is the man. Dude get's a concussion one week and kills Detroit the next week. I think the concussion made him forget he's dreadful in dome games. Took it to the Lions, who really missed Roy Wiliams today.

Seattle 20 at New England 30
Became an intresting game once Seattle woke up. That Bethel Johnson catch with 2 minutes left really saved the game for the Pats. If that was incomplete I really think Seattle could have pulled it out. But NE is just coached so well that I don't see anyone beating them at this point.

Miami 13 at Buffalo 20
Another yawner, too bad one of these teams had to win, they are both pretty mediocre on offense. Defensivley 2 of the best in the league. I think Bledsoe's almost worn out his welcome in Buffalo and Fiedler still is not the answer in Miami.

Cincinnati 17 at Cleveland 34
The Bungles seem to be back, Plamer was thrown in there too early. I think if they put Kitna back in they should do marginally better. But with a defense that can't tackle anyone and an offense who can't get more then 200 yards against the Browns, they have to expect a loss.

Kansas City 16 at Jacksonville 22
Suprising to me, I thought J-ville was exposed after last week's debacle. But I guess I was wrong, Leftwitch and the offense seem to be clicking FINALLY. As soon as that offense plays to it's potential this is a pretty solid team.

San Francisco 14 at NY Jets 22
Jets are on a roll. The defense played average and Rattay really turned it on after last week. Curtis MArtin is a monster this year, don't know where it came from, but he's in good shape and the main reason NYJ is where they are.

Carolina 8 at Philadelphia 30
Philly seems unstoppable at this point. Best team in the NFC by far, the defense seems to have proven lots of people wrong about them. The 2 young corners have been good and that offense with TO is just deadly. Impressive win.

Houston 20 at Tennessee 10 :blink: UPSET OF THE WEEK
Now this one is a head scratcher. The TEXANS pull it out, I did not see that comming. What a solid game by that whole team, McNair just handed that defense the ball 4 times. Incredible how the Titans are playing so bad. Chris Brown out...now who do they have running the ball. Go Texans Go?

Pittsburgh 24 at Dallas 20
Ben Rothlesberger, man this kid is a monster. 21/25 against a Parcells defense. That's some game. Bettis is averaging like an inch a carry now and 7 TDs on the season. Pittsburgh looks REALLY good, but loosing 2 starters on defense in that game might hurt them.

Denver 31 at Oakland 3
Man Denver finally plays a game to their potential. Plummer(the week I sit him in fantasy) throws 3 quick touchdowns after the 1 pick. Denver D stopped the Raiders and Ruben factor kicks in there. This guy is 5-11, 207 pounds, but he looks HUGE in that football gear, and he is just running over people these days. Incredible numbers.

Minnesota 38 at New Orleans 31
What a DEFENSIVE GEM! My team comes out on top and I'm extatic!! Culpepper set's a new NFL record with 3 - 5 TD games. Amazing, he has the most TD's in the first 5 games of a season ever. These offensive numebrs are unreal. 606 total yards of offense, DC with 425 yards and 5 touchdowns. Moore, a 4th rounder, with 220 yards total. Insane number, I refuse to acknowledge that my defense sucks when the offense is pumping these kind of games. What a way to cap off the Sunday. Won my Sports-Select too....yippie!

Tommorrow's game shouldn't be too intresting. Rams should take it with Griese starting. He will be exposed for the below average QB he is, IMO.

Can't wait for next week, should be a good set of games again.